Old 11-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #1  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Default As Seen On TV

How many times have we seen products advertised that are supposed to change our lives??? What have you bought? Did you like it or not?
Craftyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #2  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

I bought the Swivel Sweeper, and I just love it. It won't take the place of the heavy vac, but it's great for in-between jobs. I was really surprised at how well it works on carpet and bare floors. The battery pack is unique to this product, so I will buy an extra one just in case they quit making it some day.

Also, the collapsible strainer/collender thingy. I really like it,too. It takes up so much less space than a regular one. It fits easily into the dishwasher, too. It's not as steady as the metal ones, but I've never had one tip over on me.
Craftyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lots that I can't remember but one that remains vividly in my mind is that pasta pot with the strainer lid . . . still might have been great except that my lid always fell off and dumped the pasta in the sink along with the water.

I've definitely been eye-ing one of those collapsible strainers . . . but I'm waiting to see if it just sort of turns up at Christmas . . . if not . . . well they just might be cheaper boxing week anyway.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #4  

I bought one of those Ultimate Choppers and I use it all the time. I also bought those plastic microwave omelette makers, can't remember the name of them. You would pour the egg mixture in both sides, nuke it, then when it was almos set you'd snap the two sides together. DH & I didn't care for the omelettes they made, they puffed up too much.

Linda-meowee, we have one of those pasta pots too and the same exact thing happened to us. We still use the one we have, but now I put a collander in the sink and pour the water out of the holes in the lid. Now if it happens again the pasta will go into the collander rather than the sink.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

I seldom buy those things but my DIL does and I get the gifts. Some of the things have been very useful, other a waste of money. One of the most used things (i'm not sure if this is infomercial or not) is a small rechargeable vacuum cleaner by Bissel called the GoVac. It's light weight, no plug in, and picks up well. It's perfect for small areas, like when the kids gets some crumbs on the rug or something.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I know I have bought some of the things ~ but for the life of me ~ I can not remember right now what they were ~ LOL. I found that if I waited a bit ~ Kmart or Walmart had a rack of "As Seen On TV" stuff ~ same stuff, but a better price.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #7  
Lifetime Loser

I have the sweeper also and I LOVE it.....good idea about buying an extra battery.

I have a meat tenderizer (with prongs) that I oredered years ago and love it for steaks and meats we grill....I don't think they make it any more.

Probably have others but can't think of them now.

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote