Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #1  

Default 50 and new

Hi,

My name is Diane and I'm new to this site. Seems pretty good from what I have seen.
I turned 50 last Dec. and swore I wasn't going to be over 200 for that day.
Well, life happens (Mom passed and made me exectrix) and instead of losing, I gained 10 lbs...too much stress.
So again, I promised I was going to lose the weight because I had a cruise in Aug...well, the cruise is Sunday and I'm still at the same weight. Good thing is .. I didn't gain. But I can't lose either.
I feel like such a failure and get really down on myself.
My husband is great cause he tells me he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me for me. And that's nice but he doesn't understand the struggle I go through every day when I look in the mirror. I get so discouraged.
Anyways - I hope to buckle down and lose some of this weight and definately try not to gain on the cruise.

Thanks!! Diane
hubbabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi DIANNE . . .

to the group and too. You've come to a great place for lots and lots of support, friendship and understanding as you travel down that long and bumpy road to better health and fitness. It's not easy, especially as we get older, but it is possible -- especially with a lot of help from all our cyber-friends.

Anyway, Chickie . . . You have a great evening and, if you don't get a chance to stop in again before Sunday, a great cruise too. Good luck with that resolve and just remember we will all be here for you when you get back whether you lose, gain, or stay the same. See you soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/158/132

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Default new also

Hi everyone.
Joined yesterday, following SB diet. Looking for support. I've been checking out the site and it seems just what I'm looking for. Need that accountability as well as friendship through the journey. Hoping to connect and enjoy our successes.

Kit
wishtobefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there KIT . . . to the age 50+ group and as well. This is as great place for lots of support and friendship as you travel down the long and sometimes bumpy road to better health and fitness. Hope you love it here as much as the rest of us . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Welcome Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
Hi,

My name is Diane and I'm new to this site. Seems pretty good from what I have seen.

I hope to buckle down and lose some of this weight and definately try not to gain on the cruise.

Thanks!! Diane
Hi Diane,

I post on the Golden Girls thread. Please feel free to join us. At the top of the page in a "Sticky note" titled - "Introducing --- us" you will find bios for each of us posting on this Board.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Hope to see you here when you get back.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Welcome Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishtobefit View Post
Hi everyone.
Joined yesterday, following SB diet. Looking for support. I've been checking out the site and it seems just what I'm looking for. Need that accountability as well as friendship through the journey. Hoping to connect and enjoy our successes.

Kit
Hi Kit,

See the note above to Diane. If you're looking for friends & support, come join us on the Golden Girls thread. We've got a great bunch of people there.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #7  

both of you!!!!
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote