3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~golden Girls~ July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/116584-%7Egolden-girls%7E-july.html)

littlered 07-16-2007 12:51 PM

Hi Ladies,
back from the chiropractor. I keep trying to get an honest yes or no. Will the insurance cover the visits? They won’t tell me. So… I called the insurance company. They said no.
I called the chiropractor back, They keep insisting that I come to the next appointment. Meaning The insurance does not cover the visits. I told them that unless they can prove to me, yes its covered. I won’t be back.
Oh, I wanted to tell you all thanks for the words of encouragement.
I am happy with my decision, with the jobs, And my hubby does not care, long as I am happy.

Lynn,
Good luck with your visit to the dr’s. today. I will keep you in my thoughts today. Keep that wonderful attitude of yours. It will help to be positive.
You are so right about the foods grown in your own garden, I hope to get some going next year.
I am wondering too, about the carbs. I have been eating more whole wheat bread lately… and I am at stall.
And…
All these summer parties, Thank God there is only one more bday party, for my granddaughter on the 29th.
I did eat cake last night, and sugar free, fat free ice cream. But I was ok for my other food for the day. (Except the glass of wine) So, I guess I just have to behave for a few days and move my hiney.
My son decorated with decorative lights and a big blow up cake 4 ft. tall. Too cute, and a big surprise. We had fun.

Zoe,
Happy face, ½ of the way there. You are going to be one hot Momma! Svelt, Yes that’s what you will be. Congratulations.
Your are right about the job at curves, I felt it was such a compliment to me. Alas, I am staying with the home, They need me.
6 weeks vacation!! Where do you work? Can I come there? lol. What a treat to have all that time for rest and relaxation. I know your plans will be a blast.

LindaD,
Yeah! 2 more pounds!
I think eating right is definetly part of the reason you are loosing.
That and that extra walk. I really need to get moving again too.
Maybe then I will start loosing again. It seems like its been a few weeks for me. My fault, I have not been working as hard exercising.

Phyllis
Thanks for telling about your mom, in the home. That is why I feel so good about working at the home. Every time I go and put a smile on just one face, It makes my day.
I am so glad your mom is in such a nice place.

Cat,
What a lovely pic for your avatar. You don’t look a pound over weight.
love your story about hubby moving the ropes. Sounds like something mine would do too. Men. lol.

Linda,
those kittens are just adorable. I have never seen one of that breed either… How big do they get?

Karen,
Wow, can you imagine that cat getting on your furniture? You look so nice in that pic.
And Brave, The cat didn’t make you nervous?

Bobby,
my heart goes out to you. Don’t worry about the weight, It will be ok. and IF you gain a few. Its not the end of the world. Family is so important. And when you need to vent. We are here.

Paula,
Congrats on the 3 pounds, I knew you could do it!

Joanne,
over 300 pounds, Your pic makes you look so trim and pretty.
And now look how much you have lost and how good you look. Oh just wait, you WILL be such a knock out.

well its that time, hope to be back this evening after work.
:hug::hug::hug:

Jayjay55 07-16-2007 01:43 PM

WARNING -- yet another kidlet brag ahead LOL

Just did a check and my boy placed third again in his latest race -- and here is a picture from a race in May (this is why I will never watch him race)

http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=10123&c=6

He is also in the previous shot.

Theresa -- I hope you can figure out what is happening with the insurance. Not sure if this will help there are so many different "rules". I know with us I get a certain percentage paid by my extended plan. But my son has to have a referral from his doctor to see the chiropractor. Just silly because most doctors don't think much of chiropractors. No matter what my sweetie had to see not only the chiropractor but his massage therapist once a month. Its preventative maintenance for him because of his job -- he works in physiotherapy and he spends most of his day trying to get people up and moving that don't want to be up and moving.

Keep us posted.

ellabella 07-16-2007 01:45 PM

Karen, I think a lot of us are “stuff accumulators”….I KNOW I am. There’s just such nice STUFF out there, you know? Hard, once you see it, to not acquire it. I am (slowly) learning, at least, not to acquire things with my kids in mind, because nine times out of ten, what I acquire isn’t what they want/like. My elder daughter and I tend to have the same taste in furnishings, for example, but my middle and youngest daughter are minimalists – prefer very contemporary furniture, very little clutter, very limited accents and such. I may, at some point, find myself in your position – selling off a great deal of what I’ve managed to accumulate over the years, because no-one in my family will want it. Oh, well. I guess I’ll enjoy it for the time being, and when it comes time to let it go, I will. Or not. :dizzy:
Major congrats on the two pounds, LindaD !!!! You’re really on a roll, here, girl! Keep up the great work! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
Hope you find your friend feeling well, Lynn.
Theresa, you have done precisely what we have come to expect from you – putting others needs before your own. It’s rather humbling, from where I sit. I don’t know if I could’ve been so unselfish if I were faced with that kind of a choice. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of goodness and decency. That’s something that gets increasingly difficult to find these days.:hug:
Omigawd, Cat! You’re a knock-out, woman! Hey….I think this is one of the best-looking groups on 3FC, yanno? Over fifty we may be (and some of us MORE over it than others! ;)) but I’d say we’re holding up pretty darned well! (Congrats on the 3 pounds, too, Cat!)
Phyllis…um…if you’re picturing rock climbing like rappelling with ropes up sheer rock faces and like that, well, that’s SO not what we did. See, Ocean Drive in Newport has all these rocky crags and stuff on one side of the road that go right down to the ocean. They’re pretty well graduated and in some places, there are even stone steps that you can walk down quite easily. So don’t be too impressed…just be a LITTLE impressed, okay? :D
Paula, hope dinner out for DH’s birthday is nice. I’d say you definitely deserve a little fun and relaxation at this point, yes? :yes:
Jo-annie! Yes, indeedy…and not only do you LOOK better now, but you FEEL better, and you’re happy with your life. Nothing can take away from that! :smug:
Well, I’m back at work today, of course. That’s life, I guess, although I’m already looking forward to heading down to Newport again – maybe next Sunday, even, because our calendar actually has nothing on it again next weekend. The following weekend we’re taking four days to meet up with some friends up on the New Hampshire coast.
This week will be a little busy at work for me, but I guess that’ll just make it go by that much quicker. :rolleyes:

Have a great day, all..

TTFN,

Z :grouphug:

grammpaula 07-16-2007 02:21 PM

Linda- I didn't lose 3 pounds. I wish it was me, but it wasn't.

ellabella 07-16-2007 02:43 PM

Jo-annie! They ride over all that rough terrain???? Yikes! No WONDER you don't watch! What an accomplished kidlet, tho....you should be very proud. (I know you are :D )

Z

littlered 07-16-2007 03:01 PM

Lynn,
I just went out to the mail box.:hug::hug: And what a surprise I found! I love the KARMA checks, That is such a unique prize. I can’t wait to use one of them. I might just start carrying them everywhere. My dd and I are reading them now.:D

Joanne,
What an accomplished young man! You just have to be so proud of him.

I am going to speak to the regular dr. in 2 days. Maybe He can refer me to someone for my back. I sure hope so.

Ella,
Thanks for the kind words. For once I don’t know what to say. And you KNOW that’s a first.

Paula,
you might not have lost those 3 pounds. but I know you lost YOUR 3 pounds... wishes do come true.:)

lynard21 07-16-2007 03:43 PM

Lyn - playing "Catch-up"

Argghh!…I’m so far behind already…and I’ve only been “away” from this site for 2 and a half days! Where to begin. I second everyone else’s congratulations on wt loss for this week. Linda D and Zoe (halfway to goal!) and I probably forgot others.

Theresa – you sound like a woman who knows what is really important in life. Good for you!

I loved seeing the pics of those unusual kittens, Meowee. They have an impish gleam in their eyes.

Joanne – you are a stunning woman now, so don’t fret about the old videos, OK? Boy that is some photo of you son on his mountain bike!! I don’t blame you for not watching

Lynn, am keeping you in my thoughts and hope the Dr. news is good.

Cat – laughed at the Biltmore story! Thanks for sharing. Your Avitar photo is beautiful! I agree that you look very svelte and not at all like you should be in the 50’s and over group!!

Bobbi- I too am having a hard time with my eating lately. Ever since I got back from vacation I can’t get myself to write down what I eat…and I am eating a lot of ice cream, too. I weigh in tonite…may not be too good.

Paula- Hooray for your organic green beans. I bet they’re good. My tomatoe plants have shot up and have some nice flowers on them.

Karen – Boy you are sure selling off a lot of big stuff! Good luck with all of it.

LindaD – I’ve seen that Activia on TV..sounds good, I’ll have to give it a try. You sound very motivated right now. Can you rub some of it off on me??

My news is: My DH and I had a great adventure in the Adirondacks. My daughter was terrific as Roxie in Chicago on Friday night – unfortunately we did not have much time to visit with her, as she had to get back to her kidlets., (10 year old girls) They were all so cure, holding up signs that said “Go Roxie” and “Hooray Rachel!” After we left the camp we hung out in Lake George – a very touristy town, and heard some great live acoustical guitar music. (I also ate a big plate of nachos…my DH’s fault as he had the munchies)

The next am my DH said – “Don’t you have an Aunt and Uncle that have a place on Indian Lake? It’s only about 30 miles from here?” I told him yes…but the last time I was there I was 10 years old and I have no idea where it is. Well we were both up for an adventure…so we did some detective work in the village and low and behold after going to several places we found a old gentleman who thought he know where it might be. We followed his directions, along a road that soon became a dirt road…and after several dead ends we found the house!! And my Aunt, Unlce and 2 cousins (I only have 2) were there! So we had a mini-reunion. I met their kids also, and it was my Aunt’s Birthday. What a surprise for her. We stayed for lunch and photos/ They still have no phone or electricity so we never would have found them w/o the help of that older gentleman. The “camp” has been in my Aunt Jane’s family since 1888!

Well, I’m not getting too much work done here. Sigh.

Lyn

ladyinweighting 07-16-2007 04:57 PM

Hi Everyone, Again - thank you for all the good wishes/thoughts/prayers,

Hi Theresa, the most important thing regarding a job is that you love what you are doing. You did the right thing. I'm sure that the residents and their families LOVE you. I'm so HAPPY you like the Karma checks. I saw them in a bookstore & had to get them - BUT there was only 1 set. So, I ordered them online & had them sent to me & then, resent to you, Phyllis, and Zoe. I was afraid you might think I was crazy - I'm glad you like them.

Hi Linda (Meowee), those kittens are better than an alarm clock. Maybe you could re-set them to later than 4:30 AM?

Hi Paula, wish your dh a Happy Birthday from the Golden Girls. Enjoy dinner.

Hi Cat, are you sure you're on the right board? You look awfully young (in addition to being beautiful) to be over 50! Congratulations on 3 lbs lost!

Hi Phyllis, October in Disney World - what a great time/place for a family reunion! Enjoy your trip.

Hi Joanne, isn't it nice to keep looking better and better? Great attitude about those old tapes! The photo of your ds is absolutely scary. No wonder you don't want to watch.

Hi Zoe, you wrote, "I am (slowly) learning, at least, not to acquire things with my kids in mind, because nine times out of ten, what I acquire isn’t what they want/like." Reminded me of when my df and I visited the Hearst Mansion in CA. He spent his life acquiring all these antiques & building this mansion. After he died, his kids didn't want all that old stuff - gave the antiques and the mansion to the state of CA!

Hi Lyn, good luck with tonight's weigh-in. I will send "weight-loss" wishes your way. So glad you had a good trip. Many, many years ago, I used to camp on an island in Lake George (with my ex and my dd). Those times were some of my fondest memories of my ex. How nice for you to get together with your family.

OK - my df is doing MUCH better. She is just about pain-free. She still is pretty weak & has lost a lot of weight (NOT the good way), but I think she's getting better.

I went to my GP - he read the CAT scan report & told me that I have 2 masses - one on my ovary & one on my bladder. He ordered an ultrasound so that I will have additional info for when I see my GYN doc on Friday. I go tomorrow for the ultrasound. I HATE those - you have to drink 32 oz of water & hold it for at least an hour while they do the ultrasound. Let's hope I don't embarrass myself with this one.

I also handed in my current gym letter of cancellation & went to my new gym & enrolled. I think this will be a VERY good way for me to get into a regular pattern of exercise. The new gym has LOTS of classes - I can do the machines whenever I want & as many times/week as I want. At my current gym, I can go only 3 times/week & must schedule my appointments the week before.

I'm still stuck at 166 - just can't seem to drop that 1 lb to get me to 20 lbs lost. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a nice evening, everyone,

Lynn

femmecreole 07-16-2007 05:21 PM

Lynn, I'll be thinking of you and so sorry you are having to go through all of this! (come on now, you ate 2 cupcakes!!)
We'll all be there virtually holding your hand and don't worry about "accidents" either...Just look paniced and make them HURRY!! (You can also tell them you ate a lb of asparagas along with the water and if they don't hurry, you will let loose!) I was having one once before hysterectomy and they forgot about me in the waiting room for over 2 hours and I was in tears. I finally just said the **** with them and I hit the bathroom! (they did it anyway)

Uh, all...thanks for the compliments on the picture, but I didn't say it was a RECENT picture. The attached (if it uploaded) was taken at the jazz fest in May..right after I started "the diet"..so I kind of look like 1/2 way between the two of them. And you can't see my butt or belly in either of them.

floridarusty 07-16-2007 07:39 PM

Lynn, thank you for the Karma Checks....What a clever idea....I love them!
I've been slack in this months challenge but I'll pick up next months. I bet you make your 20 lb. mark this week......

I hate those tests, all you can think about is going to the bathroom! I hope they do the test quickly for you. Still keeping you in my prayers.

Cat, your still beautiful.....and looks like your having a good time! My photo is 2 yrs. old....about at the same weight though.

Ok, Zoe I don't feel so bad.....I thought you were climbing WALLS!!!! lol. I just get "stuff" that I like and if the kids don't want it they can sell it or give it to a charity, I enjoy my STUFF...

Lyn how great you found the house and your family was there, you were meant to find it. I love when things like that happen in life.

Well, Joanne I wouldn't watch my son do that either or my daughter for that matter. It is great he loves it so much and is so good but I know it makes you nervous.

Since I've started doing the deep breathing exercies along with my 1 or 2 mile brisk walk I notice I seem more hungry! Don't want that, I am trying to keep the eating to very healthy, whole foods.

Phyllis

ellabella 07-16-2007 09:28 PM

Well, well, well. I got some Karma checks in the mail today, too! Between the three of us, we should REALLY be getting everything in Karmic balance, eh? Thanks much, Lynn! And I’ll be thinking of you while you’re having the tests done. Just got to get through the danged things and find out what's next. :hug:
Now, Lyn, THAT’S the kind of adventure I enjoy! I’m sure that in one of my other lives, I was quite the intrepid explorer. When my kids were young, I used to pack us all a great big lunch, and off we’d go - the kids and I; never the ex-husband, who was always busy watching sports on the weekends - and we’d just drive over all these old back roads seeing what there was to see. I always had either a Plymouth Voyager or a something just like it (I forget what the other ones were) and we could drive over some pretty rough spots. One time I followed a steep, narrow, overgrown and rutted old logging road for a couple of very slow miles. There was heavy shrubbery and bushes on either side of us, leaving very little room for maneuvering. We wanted to see where it came out. Well, we saw, alright. It came out dead up on a river! Just stopped at the river bank! There was nowhere to turn around, and I had no choice but to BACK UP for those two miles uphill, trying to avoid the big ruts and rocks. Made it, tho. :D How neat for you to have found your relatives! Sounds like a great time! The play sounds like a lot of fun, too. Super weekend for sure!
Cat, you are quite lovely. No need for any of that southern belle behind-the-fan fluttering and demurring. A little maturity (I said a “little”) often provides that elegance and self assurance that is often missing when we are young and gangly and not yet comfortable with ourselves. You haven’t gotten to where I am yet, m’dear, but I really must say that each year brings its own rewards, and I can honestly say that I wouldn’t WANT to go backwards in age - not even by a few years. (I DO want to be slimmer, tho!!!!) You, Cat, have the kind of classic beauty that will still be evident when you're 100. It's about the BONES, as my grandmama used to say.
Phyllis, let’s you and I just keep on getting our stuff and doing whatever we want with it. Ptooey on those kids if they don’t know how to appreciate our great stuff! :p
Ooooh. My eyes are drooping. It’s off to bed for THIS old Golden Girl....

G’nite All,

Z :yawn:

Piano51 07-16-2007 09:51 PM

Hi, I found this website yesterday. Lynn invited me to look at this site. I've been on it for about an hour!!! I am from Ohio. I will be 51 on July 30. I am married and have 2 children. I need to lose 60+. Menopause is for the birds. Hot flashes, mood swings, a stressful job, a few health issues, PLUS 60 pounds to lose....But I'm trying to look at all of this differently...The GG's really support each other---may I join?

Piano51 07-16-2007 09:59 PM

I'm back!!! I figured out how to place the scale at the end of my posts. I just want to see it so here goes!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ch...7/165/230/.png

Karen31 07-16-2007 10:17 PM

Hello GG'S!!!
:welcome: Piano51!!! I know you will love it here!! We look forward to getting to know you.

Today has been kind of a "dumpy day" for me! I just hate it when people say that they will get back to you "one way or the other" and you sit and wait for the phone to ring!! I had several people stop and look at the 5th wheel and say they would get back to us "either way" one on the house and two jobs!! Shoot I kept checking the phone to make sure it was working!! :dizzy:

Oh well, guess tomorrow is another day--- I think I will go and get my hair cut and just not worry about anything for a couple hours at least!

My cousin's son is getting married on Saturday and both my brother's are coming out from MO to go to the wedding too. They will only be here 3 days and then have to get right back to MO. But I hope we do get a little bit of time to visit before they have to travel again.

Cat-- your picture is just gorgeous!!

Joanne-- I would be so scared to watch my kids race like that--Gosh that just looks to scarey for me!!

Theresa, I have always thought that I would love to be a "foster home" for the Zoo here. I had a friend a long time ago that did that and had a baby chimp since Mama wouldn't take care of it. We had so much fun with it. We dressed it in little pink dresses and diapers and went to the stores with it! Boy we got lots of looks!! But so fat my timing has never been right when they have needed that service. But I know I could never work at the local animal shelter because the ones who couldn't be adopted --- I would end up bringing home! I'm such a sap!!
And I can understand why you stayed with the job that you have. It would be so hard to leave when they like you so much.

Well, I'm going to maybe just kick back for awhile. I'll try to catch up with everyone later. Have a good night. Karen

moxiesd 07-17-2007 12:56 AM

Hello Golden Gals....

....dumpy day.....I like that term....I have been having a dumpy month!!!! Hope things get better. Anyway I got 2 bike rides in today...maybe tomorrow I'll feel less dumpy.

:welcome3: Piano51

Joanne...wow you have the right to brag on that kidlet....fantastic pix.
Lyn...what a wonderful adventure.
Lynn....I went to Hearst Castle about 3 times, and really enjoyed it each time. Never took the same tour twice. Can't believe how big that place is, I think it is fascinating. (I thought the kids couldn't afford the taxes on the place and thus turned it over to the state.:shrug:)
Prayers for a good Dr. visit.:hug:

All from this little corner....oh, oh, Minnesota....I think another bad one is coming through....missed me again....but they said it was headed EAST.

:grouphug: to all the GG's.