Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #1  

Default Weekly nursing mom thread?

This board is a little slow, but I know there have to be quite a few of us new moms out there than need to get back into shape. Obviously nursing presents a challenge and I think the more support we can give eachother the better. I was just wondering if anyone is interested in a weekly thread that we can post our exercise or diet achievements and weight loss. We could also do our mini goals and challenge eachother like they do on the other boards here.

Of course the pregnant women here would be included as well, but without the weight loss. I know if someone would have helped me get up and get walking or to the pool while pregnant, I would have less work to do now 2 months post-partum.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that needs a little more support (like me) and is willing to post regularly to keep everyone motivated.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

Sounds cool. We can also help one another with the nursing questions that come up.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #3  
On the Leash of My Senses

Well, I personally was in the pool at least 3 times a week during my pregnancy & the "baby" I'm nursing is now two. Better late than never!
ggbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #4  

I'm actually still treadmilling 2-4 times a week, trying to keep my muscle tone good for the birth. Thankfully it has kept me from gaining a lot of weight also.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #5  

Stick with it pregnant ones. As you probably know, the more active you are now, the less work to do later. I was actually pretty active in the last half of my pregnancy. I think most of my weight gain was from quitting smoking when I found out I was pregnant. I put on 25 pounds in the first trimester! Luckily that slowed down a bit and I am proud to say that I am still smoke free.

Has anyone tried Post-Natal Pilates? I have the DVD and tried it for the first time last week. It was great. Your baby acts as the weight that you lift. I thought it was fun and I felt it working in my stomach muscles. I haven't used those muscles in a while. It is finally getting nice outside. I plan on walking for a half hour a night. Daddy wears Kate in the Bjorn when we walk together so I don't get that extra burn, but I spend all day wearing her so I know I burn some extra calories that way.

I am down another pound this week. I am slowly but surely dropping my weight. I really think I will make it to my June 1st goal. I only have two more pounds to go. I figure 5 pounds a month is a reasonable goal for me. I wish I was one of those people that could just lose weight by breastfeeding.

Enough blabbing. Anyone else have a mini goal that you are working towards? Do you do monthly goals or seasonal goals? How about exercise? What do you do and how often/long? Food goals?
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

nursing has been really hard lately! Eli once a bottle once a day. . right before bed. I really really really want to nurse him for much longer then this. I am so afraid he is weening himself. Any advice?

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #7  
resident lactivist

I'm not entirely sure. The only suggestion is to not offer him the bottle if you can get out of it. Nurse him first, & if he's still hungry, then give him a bottle. Keep in mind that it's much easier to get milk from a bottle than from a nipple, and some babies grow to prefer the easier method, so you want to minimize his time with a bottle as much as you can. Check out the message boards at Breastfeeding.com; the ladies there can probably help you. I've been a SAHM exclusively, so this is honestly something I don't have experience with.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote