Old 09-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/141/125

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm back but now I'm a 30-something!

Hi Ladies!

I'm back to 3FC after a long absence and unfortunately a 20lb setback that has been two years in the making. I actually first came here after university when I had packed on the pounds and using food tracking apps, jogging and weight lifting I was able to get down to 125lbs and maintain for about 5 years. In 2015 my grandfather got very sick and spent 4 months in the hospital. I went to visit everyday after work and it was very emotionally tiring and it put a real damper on my fitness efforts. Then in the midst of all this my beautiful mother in law was diagnosed with cancer and passed within weeks. She was quite young and the emotional toll on my husband and myself was huge. In the meantime I was also promoted which meant longer hours and more stress. Additionally I am working towards a graduate degree in my spare time. All of this stress added to a wonderfully full social life with too many drinks and treats led, over two years to a gradual weight creep. I never really stopped working out but the frequency and intensity waned. My scale had been broken for awhile and finally after quite some time denying it to myself, I bought a new scale and stepped on. I hit 146lbs! I have gained more than 20lbs.

So I'm back, older yes, wiser? That's to be debated.
LittleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #2  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Welcome back I am in the same situation, almost.

It's no wonder you gained weight, with everything you went through. It's so hard to keep healthy when your life is upside down ;-;

I have gone through a similar path. Had managed to lose a lot of weight, then gained back, though managed to maintain around my wedding (2014). I gained progressively (binge eater here), and 2015 onwards, life was chaos: several deaths in the family (including both my grandfathers and my husband's grandfather), work stress, trying to balance all that with a masters...so I managed to reach 170 kilos (way over 300 pounds). I am now back with a proper good eating plan, and more hopeful than other times.

Good luck with your weight loss!!
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:18 AM   #3  

I just made an account after doing this way back in college too.

Your 20 pounds isn't all that much, all things considered! Good luck getting it back to your happy weight.
InfinityCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 71/67/55

Height: 165

Certainly smarter. Good luck
Camila415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 71/67/55

Height: 165

I think that at the beginning it is worth to throw away sugar and excess alcohol or carbonated drinks from the diet. Water, regular meals, proper calorific value and I think that you will lose 20 kg again without much effort
Camila415 is offline   Reply With Quote