Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #271  

It's been a rough few days for me this week. It's been very dark and rainy so my ankle joints have been acting up. Yesterday I felt like an old woman while walking. The good thing is that it's not as bad as it used to be so I'm grateful for progress. I didn't sleep very well last night- I kept waking up thinking that the dog wasn't feeling well- I'm pretty sure she's fine it's just a bit of anxiety on my part. I think I got about three hours of sleep total, and only about five hours the night before. Ugh. When I'm stressed I lose my appetite but it also makes my moods crash. It seems like every wednesday afternoon I just can't deal and end up overly emotional. Anybody else experience this on a weekly basis?
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #272  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have weeks like that from time to time. Sorry you feel so blue!

By the way we've started an april thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...il-2014-a.html
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #273  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

All right guys, I had a big moment of "What the f*** am I doing?" this morning. Last night before I went to bed I overindulged with muesli, eating much more than one serving, with lots of cream, when I'd already had my muesli for the day. I need the muesli for my mood, but any more than one 1/2 cup serving a day (41 gm. of carbs) will screw up my weight loss. In fact, it would be better if I could get away with only having 1/4 cup per day. I've been periodically overindulging on the stuff for several weeks now: with the calories from the extra cream as well, that has to be why I didn't lose weight last month.

It's so hard for me to cope with having any carbs (other than salad fixings) in the house, because I always want to overeat them. I need to get it into my thick head that while my one serving of muesli a day is allowed, eating any more than that counts as binge behavior. And I'm strongly committed to not engaging in binge behavior.

So what I'm doing, today, is fasting for 24 hours—not as some kind of punishment, but in order to think this through and get my head in the right place. I'm really angry with myself, for letting the muesli thing get out of hand. I need to cool down and fly straight.

Meanwhile, I made a new collage y'all might find amusing: it's called "superheroes baffled by world's largest pollen grain".
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
So what I'm doing, today, is fasting for 24 hours—not as some kind of punishment, but in order to think this through and get my head in the right place. I'm really angry with myself, for letting the muesli thing get out of hand. I need to cool down and fly straight.
I would suggest that you exercise caution at this approach. I tend to punish myself when I think I'm being bad. Sometimes I'm not even aware that that is what I'm doing. Whenever I overeat I try to do this:

1. Acknowledge that I overate
2. Tell myself "I'm sorry that you felt that you had to overeat. Something must have been really bothering you."
3. Figure out what is bothering me. If it's something within my control I fix it. If it's something I can't change I try to live with it consciously and without judging myself.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

stop! Please Go To The April Chat Thread!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote