Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/157/155

Height: 5'9

Default Feel like crap

Hi, I started IP on Sept 24th. So far I've lost about 15 lbs so that's nice. However, 75% of the time I feel gross. Either lethargic or a bit light-headed or moody or just generally unwell. I have a 14 month old and I can't even get on the floor and roll around because it makes me dizzy.
I have no issue sticking with the plan and I have no desire to cheat. But I do have the desire to feel like myself and be a good mom.
Every morning I have to search the web for inspiration to stay on this diet. And every night I go to bed with a headache. I do not cheat so I don't know why the headache thing hasn't passed yet. I keep hearing that ketosis suppresses the appetite, but this hasn't been my experience. I'm feeling so disheartened.

Any advice? Encouragement?

TIA!
Ferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #2  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

have yourself checked for an allergy to soy

Or try switching to the Whey Protein IP products for a few days (like the Chocolate Drink) ... and avoid all soy products

if you feel better you could have an allergy to soy

I am allergic to soy and when I eat it I feel like I am dying.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I had a very hard adjustment too. I had a migraine level headache for 12 days. On day 13, it went away. Some foods do not agree with my stomach (mango drink) but I think that my biggest issue was withdrawal from Coca Cola. I still feel a bit brain foggy, but it is getting better. I find that the supplements really do help. Talk to your coach, explain how you feel. Hopefully they will be able to help.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferk View Post
Hi, I started IP on Sept 24th. So far I've lost about 15 lbs so that's nice. However, 75% of the time I feel gross. Either lethargic or a bit light-headed or moody or just generally unwell. I have a 14 month old and I can't even get on the floor and roll around because it makes me dizzy.
I have no issue sticking with the plan and I have no desire to cheat. But I do have the desire to feel like myself and be a good mom.
Every morning I have to search the web for inspiration to stay on this diet. And every night I go to bed with a headache. I do not cheat so I don't know why the headache thing hasn't passed yet. I keep hearing that ketosis suppresses the appetite, but this hasn't been my experience. I'm feeling so disheartened.

Any advice? Encouragement?

TIA!
I've done IP on and off for almost 2 years now and this feeling I'm afraid will not go away anytime soon. Some days I feel amazing, most days I feel like I want to sleep all the time. No amount of pills,salt,pickles help me. I figure it's harder to be overweight than to feel like this, so I choose to stick with it for now.

I also don't work right now which helps tremendously. When I was working I would literally fall asleep at my desk during my breaks. but if I decide to even bend down for a brief period of time, I also feel light headed.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #5  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

I was very tired and dizzy if I overdid it in any small way. Had to go to bed very early for at least two weeks. I learned I had to spread my food out evenly and eat every 2-3 hours. Got better with time for me but never could workout witout getting dizzy.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/157/155

Height: 5'9

Thanks everyone. I talked to my coach and she suggested moving on to Phase 2 just for the weekend to see if that helps, so we'll see. She also said if it doesn't help we can work to modify the program to include more carbs.

I've also been doing some reading on caffeine and low blood sugar and apparently my morning coffee may be amping up the feelings associated with low blood sugar, so tomorrow I'm going to skip the coffee. Fingers crossed that does something.

I may very well just have to suck this up for the time being. Thankfully I hope to be at my goal in a month which isn't a crazy long time.

Thanks for the support!!
Ferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #7  

Just wanted to say that moving my snack from night to afternoon made all the difference in the world to how I felt. If phase two for the weekend doesn't do the trick you might try that?
sjerrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'd try a different diet.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #9  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

When I did IP last year I felt the same as you Every. Single. Day. I had headaches that felt like the top of my head was going to blow off almost every day and took a lot of Tylenol. I WAS freaking starving every minute of every day and weak all the time.

Which might beg the question why I stuck it out.... It was the ONLY diet that ever worked for me. I only had 20 pounds to lose and had struggled with WW, nutri-system etc with crappy results.

Without a doubt IP worked and worked fast. Because I only had 20 to lose I could see the light at the end of the tunnel so I sucked it up but I honestly felt like crap for the 8 weeks I was on Phase 1.

ETA: insofar as encouragement goes I notice you only have 15 to go - is there a chance you can just hang in there, maybe work with your Coach to see if she has any ideas - I hope you have a good one. It must be even harder with a baby though because you need/want the energy. I wish I had more words of wisdom but just wanted to let you know I totally understand what you are going through.

Last edited by slow2lose; 10-20-2013 at 08:36 AM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferk View Post
Thanks everyone. I talked to my coach and she suggested moving on to Phase 2 just for the weekend to see if that helps, so we'll see. She also said if it doesn't help we can work to modify the program to include more carbs.

I've also been doing some reading on caffeine and low blood sugar and apparently my morning coffee may be amping up the feelings associated with low blood sugar, so tomorrow I'm going to skip the coffee. Fingers crossed that does something.

I may very well just have to suck this up for the time being. Thankfully I hope to be at my goal in a month which isn't a crazy long time.

Thanks for the support!!
Ferk - have you been making sure you get all your salt in? I get terrible headaches and feel sluggish when I don't. I'm sure you and your coach (who sounds great) have gone over everything but thought I'd throw that out too.

My doctor told me a Vitamin D deficiency can cause the same troubles so if you haven't had a blood panel lately you might want to check that out.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote