Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:43 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#48)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:47 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #47 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #3  

Sorry, Sher! We must have been posting at the same time, so my post went after your stop post.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:06 PM   #4  

Hey

I Did Not get good news at the Dr.'s this afternoon. I thought I was getting better. I knew I wasn't well yet but I did think maybe I was 50% better. NOPE!!

I still have Pleurisy and "now" a touch of Pneumonia!! I got ANOTHER shot and two precriptions. One of them is Prednisone. She told me that I may eat alot during the next two weeks (6 days on pred. and a total of two weeks for it being in my system). She said I may gain weight and not to think about being on WW or trying to lose weight while taking this. So for 2 weeks, I'm off WW. After I get well, I'll get right back OP!!!!!!! She said if I wasn't better by next Monday...I'm going in the hospital!!! So being off a diet and gaining to get well is worth not having to go in the hospital.

Ramona,
I hear that kidney infections can make you feel horrible! I'm so sorry that you feel so bad. Please take care of yourself!!! Sorry to hear about the fall also. I'm glad you didn't break a bone!! I'll be thinking of Dan Sunday morning. Bless your heart.

Gayle,
Tell Steve I love the name..."Wish You Were Here!!" I say go with it!!!!! BTW: Lisa was the heavy set blonde! (Her shirt was green).

Dee,
SNOW????? Oh My Gosh!!!!!!! Wanna come to Nashville & stay the winter with me?? But it does get cold here too! Not snow this early though. Guess we can pack-up and move in with Shelley for the winter!!!! I hope you're having a great time at the concert. Let me know how it was.

Shelley,
Did Mike bite you????!!!! Seriously, if it's not better by tomorrow and still swolllen...GO TO THE DR.!!!!! It could be a spider bite and you not know it!!!!!!

Debbie,
Thanks for being worried about me and calling tonight. How's Jacob tonight? I hope he's feeling better!!

To everyone else I didn't post to.....I love you!!

HUGS........
Old 10-27-2003, 08:34 PM   #5  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Evening Girls

I worked last night for my daughter so I didn't get to weigh-in this morning. I'll weigh in on Tuesday just for this week.I am been totally OP for 8 days so I bought myself a couple of low-carb candy bars this afternoon. Only 2 carbs per bar...yummy!!!

Sherry...I am so worried about you. Please don't worry about any weight gain, just get well. I'm fixing your lunch for tomorrow, I'll bring it to you in the morning. Want a hint....First word begins with a P...second word ends with a P.

Ramoma...Please take care of yourself. Hope you are feeling better tonight.

Shelley.....I agree with Sherry. Please go to the doctor if it doesn't get better by tomorrow.

Gayle.....I love the name "Wish you were Here" too!! The way I buy my house paintings are.....Wish I could live there. James doesn't understand because the one hanging over my bed is a big old house with the paint peeling and a muddy driveway...LOL.

Carol...How are you? I know your trip is soon. Please check in with us. Miss ya!!

Dee......Snow day!!! Snow day!! Well a person can dream...LOL. I think we are going to have a rough winter here this year.

For all you Clay Aiken fans out there. I got his new Cd today "Measure of a Man" It is wonderful!! All 12 songs are great.

Got to run...hugs...deb
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM   #6  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Sherry...BTW!! I LOVE that Clipart!!!TOO funny!!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Sherry, I was really concerned but didn't want to say so when you said you had to go in for an x-ray today. Been there, done that, and your recovery time will seem like forever. I remember wanting to clean house and only being able to do a few minutes at a time because of getting so worn out and winded. Don't worry about the predisone, you will gain water weight plus maybe a little extra because it makes you have a HUGE appetite, but once you go off of it, you will drop the weight quickly. In fact, I would suggest not weighing until about a week after your off of the meds, otherwise you may get depressed from the extra scale weight. Did the doctor give you an inhaler to use? I have one now that works pretty decent, I use to have another one that would make my heart race a mile a minute! Please take care and REST!!

Deb, now you have me curious??? What are you guys haveing for lunch? Starts with a P and is two words....hmmmm
Clay's CD sounds great! I actually preferred him over Ruben.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:09 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Hey Deb, I just now read the title of Clay's CD. What exactly is he measuring, sweetie??????

SHELLEY, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! Sounds like if it's not from Mike, then a spider may have bitten you. Please take care of it!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:03 AM   #9  

Sherry-Please take it easy!! As you know, I have been on and off pred for years because of my UC. 6 days on it probably won't do anything. Drink lots of water, and try to eat things that won't make you gain like fruits and veggies.

My face is still swollen, but it's not as itchy. Of course I won't go to the Dr.!!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:25 AM   #10  

Dee (Titan),
If you're lurking out there, I wanted to tell you Happy Birthday and I miss your posts!! Hope you have a great day!!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:29 AM   #11  

Tuesday Weigh-In:
I am down 2 lbs!!! My weight is 158!!!! I haven't weighed below 160 in sooooo many years!!!!!!!

If I gain while being on Prednisone, It's ok..I'll just get it back off!! I just want to get well!!

Weight Loss Being On WW: 20 lbs.
Total Loss Since March: 33 lbs!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sherry; 10-28-2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #12  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TITAN DEE!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL DAY!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:37 AM   #13  

Sherry wow you have lost a ton of weight....lol You are doing great! You must feel so good. Take it easy, it is time for Sherry to rest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TITAN DEE!!! I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Shelley it does sound like you got bite by a spider. I had one bite me and I got a black eye. Have you read the states on how many of us have eatten a spider while we are sleeping?

Gayle so iis it a confirmed name? I do water colors occassionally and I know that I cannot paint sometimes. The creativilty just isn't there all the time. Try to pick it up later when you feel like you are in the mood.

Ramona you will get through today. You have to think positive thoughts and not let the negitive consume you. You and Dan will be ok.

Debbie I know what you are talking about when you say SNOW DAY! We never get that here....like the last time was in april 97 when we had about 2 feet drop. We just have to learn to deal with it. Last night Lorretta Lynn said that she could not beleive how many people made it to the concert because it was so blizzardy out. She said that back home nobody drives when it snows and everyone stays home.

It was a great concert. Lorretta Lynnn came out in the most beautiful pale gown that I have ever seen. She looked beautiful. Her twin daughters were there too. The sang a few songs together. They have just realeased an album. Lorretta sings as wonderful as always. Loretta said that it was out concert so we could pick the songs. Everyone just shouted out what we wanted her to sing. She had an autograph session after too. The most personal concert we have ever been to. We really enjoyed it.

Today is normal tea time day but my friend that has it has been having her house painted. So guess what I am going to do? Hang on it is pretty exciting........clean out the laundry room and some closets. Yup I reckon that is what I am going to do.

Hope you all have an exciting day!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #14  

Here is an article about the concert last night. It tells it better than I could. Hope it works....here is the link

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Winnip...28/239016.html
Old 10-28-2003, 11:42 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Sher, AMAZING job on the weight loss!!!!! I agree, concentrate on getting well, then work on the losing weight. BTW: How much do you plan to lose? Your tall, so your probably close to goal?

Dee, glad to hear you had fun at the concert. I'll need to go visit the link when I have more time. I have never did watercolors but want to venture into it one of these days. First, I need to figure out what the heck I'm doing with the mediums I'm currently working on. Post a pic or two of your artwork one of these days...Please???
Closed Thread