Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Vitamins?

Just wondering if anyone has tried or knows of alt vitamins? I like the ip capsules but the cost of this program is getting to me. Looking to save where I can
Wannabeskinnymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #2  

This has been covered in numerous threads numerous times.

There are really none that are comparable. some people find the plain protein website has the IP supplements less expensive
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinnymomma View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried or knows of alt vitamins? I like the ip capsules but the cost of this program is getting to me. Looking to save where I can
There are many posts regarding whether or not to use alternates.

You can order them a bit less expensively from www.plainprotein.com - they ship for free and I have used them for the last 4 months, they are great. And the products are true IP products.

IF you decide you want to investigate using other supplements you need to pay VERY close attention to the FORMS of the nutrients used in the supplement. IP definitely got the vitamins right - all the forms of the nutrients are the most easily absorbed and most gentle on your system. IP is already hard on your liver & kidneys, so it DOES matter.

For example, most commercial supplements use potassium GLUCONATE or CITRATE. These can be hard on your kidneys to digest. IP uses Potassium BICARBONATE which is the broken-down version of gluconate.

You also need to pay attention to the DOSING. If you are looking at a different FORM of the nutrient, the dosing may be different as well. 100mg of Potassium gluconate is NOT the same as 100mg of Potassium bicarbonate. You need to look at the dosing of all nutrients across the WHOLE DAY as well - you won't find anything identical to IP so you will probably have to take alot more pills to get the same amount of nutrients.

For me, I found it much simpler (and better for my body) to stick with the IP supplements.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks
Wannabeskinnymomma is offline   Reply With Quote