Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #1  
Finding the Real Me

S/C/G: 303/270/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Never fails... a bump in the road

Hello. So I fell off for most of 2012 but I'm back (after seeing a horrid pic at my surprise 30th bday at work) and getting up to 278. I actually hit 249 in Oct 2010 and slowly inched up in the 250s and 260s and then BAM 278 last week! So I'm like I don't want to fat and 30! So I start watching my calories and exercising every day. I used to aim at just 5 times a week but then I was prone to skip days and use the day off excuse but every day is not hard to do. ANYWAY, here we are to day 7 and I have a horrible cold. I did not get on my elliptical this morning and I'm feeling pretty bad at work. On top of that today is DS 4th party at Chuck E cheese. (menu options could be discussed in another thread entirely) I'm telling myself I'm going to do callinetics before taking my lunch. I know this is better than nothing. But I'm feeling a little guilty right now for not doing my 30 min elliptical this morning. And I'm def not going to do taebo (l do have a party to host after work...)

I just need some of your kind words and inspiration today. What do you do when you get a cold? How do you work out if at all?

I always hear Jillian Michaels say if you are sick from the neck up it's ok to work out hard but if it's your neck down, take a day off or take it easy.

Thoughts???
lionessavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I simply cannot work out when I have a head cold. Some people can. I cannot. Head colds zaps me COMPLETELY!!!

As far as Chuck E Cheese goes, make sure you aren't too hungry when you go. Skip the cake and have a slice or two of thin crust cheese pizza if you want something while there.

Rest and when you feel better, work out. The best I can do when I have a head cold is to do light work - like take a light walk or some strength training, but no hard core cardio or I feel I will die. That is so individual. Go with your gut.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #3  
Finding the Real Me

I hear you Melissa. I don't get sick often so when I am sick I'm the biggest baby. Strength training is exactly what I was thinking because this cold is in my head, my nose, my throat is sore and my chest feels a little tight. So I sat at 6 am this morning with very small cup of OJ and pondered getting on the elliptical and I decided not to. UGH I feel so guilty. Maybe after I do the callinetics on YT I will feel better about not getting on the elliptical this morning.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I just got a cold from my kids. I did go to the gym yesterday. I was sluggish and maybe did 2/3 of a normal work out in terms of intensity or calories burned. I felt bad that night But felt awesome the next morning. Hope you feel better soon. It should only be two days down any way.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #5  
Finding the Real Me

Thanks Aunrio. Just now I had a sneezing attack complete with blowing the kleenexs and all. It was pretty bad. So I got up went to the restroom, my head cleared a little bit just by doing that (kind of weird). I started browsing the first aid cabinet and AHA I found something that said sinus and cold relief. I took it, drank a cup of water, refilled my coffee and back at my desk.

We shall see. An hour and a half before callinetics. My first time doing it so we shall see how that turns out.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

I'd do what you are doing, but if I start doing it and feel worse..I'd stop. The calorie burn you lose isn't worth feeling sick over or making yourself worse. I also "generally" follow that advice about the head up work out/neck down, don't. I hope you feel better soon.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote