3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Never fails... a bump in the road (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/264949-never-fails-bump-road.html)

lionessavv 08-22-2012 10:35 AM

Never fails... a bump in the road

Hello. So I fell off for most of 2012 but I'm back (after seeing a horrid pic at my surprise 30th bday at work) and getting up to 278. I actually hit 249 in Oct 2010 and slowly inched up in the 250s and 260s and then BAM 278 last week! So I'm like I don't want to fat and 30! So I start watching my calories and exercising every day. I used to aim at just 5 times a week but then I was prone to skip days and use the day off excuse but every day is not hard to do. ANYWAY, here we are to day 7 and I have a horrible cold. I did not get on my elliptical this morning and I'm feeling pretty bad at work. On top of that today is DS 4th party at Chuck E cheese. (menu options could be discussed in another thread entirely) I'm telling myself I'm going to do callinetics before taking my lunch. I know this is better than nothing. But I'm feeling a little guilty right now for not doing my 30 min elliptical this morning. And I'm def not going to do taebo (l do have a party to host after work...)

I just need some of your kind words and inspiration today. What do you do when you get a cold? How do you work out if at all?

I always hear Jillian Michaels say if you are sick from the neck up it's ok to work out hard but if it's your neck down, take a day off or take it easy.

Thoughts???

berryblondeboys 08-22-2012 10:52 AM

I simply cannot work out when I have a head cold. Some people can. I cannot. Head colds zaps me COMPLETELY!!!

As far as Chuck E Cheese goes, make sure you aren't too hungry when you go. Skip the cake and have a slice or two of thin crust cheese pizza if you want something while there.

Rest and when you feel better, work out. The best I can do when I have a head cold is to do light work - like take a light walk or some strength training, but no hard core cardio or I feel I will die. That is so individual. Go with your gut.

lionessavv 08-22-2012 10:58 AM

I hear you Melissa. I don't get sick often so when I am sick I'm the biggest baby. Strength training is exactly what I was thinking because this cold is in my head, my nose, my throat is sore and my chest feels a little tight. So I sat at 6 am this morning with very small cup of OJ and pondered getting on the elliptical and I decided not to. UGH I feel so guilty. Maybe after I do the callinetics on YT I will feel better about not getting on the elliptical this morning.

Aunrio 08-22-2012 11:08 AM

I just got a cold from my kids. I did go to the gym yesterday. I was sluggish and maybe did 2/3 of a normal work out in terms of intensity or calories burned. I felt bad that night But felt awesome the next morning. Hope you feel better soon. It should only be two days down any way.

lionessavv 08-22-2012 11:27 AM

Thanks Aunrio. Just now I had a sneezing attack complete with blowing the kleenexs and all. It was pretty bad. So I got up went to the restroom, my head cleared a little bit just by doing that (kind of weird). I started browsing the first aid cabinet and AHA I found something that said sinus and cold relief. I took it, drank a cup of water, refilled my coffee and back at my desk.

We shall see. An hour and a half before callinetics. My first time doing it so we shall see how that turns out.

SerenityDiva 08-22-2012 11:39 AM

I'd do what you are doing, but if I start doing it and feel worse..I'd stop. The calorie burn you lose isn't worth feeling sick over or making yourself worse. I also "generally" follow that advice about the head up work out/neck down, don't. I hope you feel better soon.