View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
4star
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

They say hindsight is 20/20. I know people who've felt the same way you are feeling now but they became examples and encouragers of others who were trying to turn their weight around.

Sometimes, I feel that I've wasted time. I know that I've been blessed to overcome health issues and recover from some bad conditions. There really is no point in beating yourself up over it. I was misdiagnosed for a long time and pressured over my weight by the same people who were misdiagnosing me. That was then, this is now. We learn from the past to make a brighter future. Forgiveness works wonders. You have to look to where you are going and decide what you'll do with the new skills and information that you have now and try to develop a sense of gratitude that change is possible. It's been years now but after my last surgery, I was so weak. I really didn't know how I'd ever recover, my legs were so weak, walking hurt so bad. I just told myself "as soon as they let me up out of this bed, despite the pain, I will put one foot in front of the other and move forward." I still tell myself that to this very day when I struggle "put one foot in front of the other and move forward".

We're all gonna struggle as humans with one thing or another but it's up to us if we stay stuck or stay determined. I hope you stay determined.

Calorie counting gave me a method to fix the madness.

A high protein, moderate carb balance gives me control over cravings.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote