Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Default They say "Omg, you're so skinny now"...

...And Im standing there like some ****** not knowing what the **** to say...

Awkward..
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I never know what to say to that. Like when people tell me they can see my weight loss in my face. Well how fat was my freaking face?!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

My mom says that alot. I respond with peoples perspective of a healthy weight is off since so many of us are overweight. xD...but its my mom so I can joke around with her like that....when other people say it, I just laugh and change the subject, like I got distracted or something. Seems to work well
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Just smile and say thanks??

Unless, they didn't mean it as a compliment. Maybe then a shoulder shrug and change the subject? Sometimes, less is more. Keep em guessing on your success and future plans.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Just say "thank you" and carry on .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #6  

I get so uncomfortable that I just ignore it. Atleast most of the time.

I guess saying Thanks and move on would be the..normal thing to do..

Im wondering if they can tell that I feel awkward. I dont picture me hiding it very well.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #7  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I HATE when that happens. Mostly because I really have not lost that much weight, still wear a size 11/12 pant. I've only lost 1 pant size so I really have not shrunk that much, yet my parents and my one friend keep saying "Omg, your so skinny, you should eat more" thinking its a compliment when really I just wanna bang my head against the wall...

But of course I just smile and sweetly say thank you.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I smile and say thank you. There's not much else I can do and it's not particularly like I want to talk about what I'm doing, unless it's someone I'm close to.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #9  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Say thanks, isn't it great for all of your hard work to be noticable?

Somebody told me I lost weight in my face recently too.. haha, I thought hmm.. I wish it had come off my *** instead.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
Somebody told me I lost weight in my face recently too.. haha, I thought hmm.. I wish it had come off my *** instead.

Haha. I know right!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post

Well, I have a harder time with more specific (body part) comments like that because I have a hard time hearing the compliment at all. What I hear in my head is "Gosh, you used to have a really fat face!!" Usually I still say thanks, but I'm not so sure that I am successful in hiding the sarcasm.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #12  
keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
Well, I have a harder time with more specific (body part) comments like that because I have a hard time hearing the compliment at all. What I hear in my head is "Gosh, you used to have a really fat face!!" Usually I still say thanks, but I'm not so sure that I am successful in hiding the sarcasm.
I understand but I don't think they mean it like that necessarily, just that they've noticed it.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #13  

I'm sure you are right and probably most people mean well. The issue is usually mine. But, for whatever reason my mind just goes there. Which is why it usually safest for me to just smile and say thanks. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Just last night my hubby made such a comment about my butt and he knows me well enough to know how I heard it...so he was really trying to say it the right way. The only thing I said to him was "Really?" In my mind, he was just wanting some of my attention if you KWIM. For me, he would have done better to never mention the specific body part and just say I can see you are losing or something like that. Poor guy...he can't win and he was trying hard.

Last edited by mariposssa; 04-12-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #14  
keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
I'm sure you are right and probably most people mean well. The issue is usually mine. But, for whatever reason my mind just goes there. Which is why it usually safest for me to just smile and say thanks. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Just last night my hubby made such a comment about my butt and he knows me well enough to know how I heard it...so he was really trying to say it the right way. The only thing I said to him was "Really?" In my mind, he was just wanting some of my attention if you KWIM. For me, he would have done better to never mention the specific body part and just say I can see you are losing or something like that. Poor guy...he can't win and he was trying hard.
haha, poor guy! I guess he walked into it and then just kept digging.. ah well he meant well too.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #15  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I say thanks and strut my stuff. If I know I look good and I feel good and people are noticing I'm looking good then **** yea I'm going to show off I look good.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote