Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #16  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

You are in Norway? I can't imagine anybody in this part of Europe telling me I look skinny at 140 or 150. You must be blessed with carrying your weight evenly distrubuted over your body!

Hope they start calling me skinny soon! I'll smile and thank them and do a happy dance for a week. Promise.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #17  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

HAHAHAHHA love this thread. We work so hard to get there but its so true its so awkward when people say something. I always just say thank you to and/or smile. lol but sometimes its so awkward like yes and just how fat was my face before? or so i have a shape now? hmmm what was i before? its kind of like oh so i knew i was a *** sack but just how did you used to look at me? lol but thats just me show my low self esteem im working on. its my problem with loving myself and the other half of my journey. For me its a bit tougher to cuz i grew up with people in my family telling me, "Oh my gosh! Have you lost weight?" with me asnwer, "Oh my gosh! Yes thank you for noticing!" and really i had gained 5lbs since the last time i saw them or 10 but i was gaining. in my family its like the way we validate or make someone feel better about being fat. wich really isnt good. lol

lol but at the same time the comments are quite lovely. (now that i am aactually am losing weight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
I never know what to say to that. Like when people tell me they can see my weight loss in my face. Well how fat was my freaking face?!
ahahhahahhaha love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I HATE when that happens. Mostly because I really have not lost that much weight, still wear a size 11/12 pant. I've only lost 1 pant size so I really have not shrunk that much, yet my parents and my one friend keep saying "Omg, your so skinny, you should eat more" thinking its a compliment when really I just wanna bang my head against the wall...

But of course I just smile and sweetly say thank you.
My mom had about a month of, "Honey heres some food." and then i was only at 20lbs lost lol. 235ish is not to skinny for someone who is 5' 8" hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
Say thanks, isn't it great for all of your hard work to be noticable?

Somebody told me I lost weight in my face recently too.. haha, I thought hmm.. I wish it had come off my *** instead.

ya my *** is flat as a board so i always think ya my guts still there to bad it didnt come off there. lol!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Just say "thank you" and carry on .
Agreed! ... Side note- that comment beats no acknowledgement at all. At least in my opinion! Ive lost over 30lbs since Jan of this year and no one but my mother has vocalized anything.

Last edited by shellofself; 04-13-2012 at 09:33 AM.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
You are in Norway? I can't imagine anybody in this part of Europe telling me I look skinny at 140 or 150. You must be blessed with carrying your weight evenly distrubuted over your body!

Hope they start calling me skinny soon! I'll smile and thank them and do a happy dance for a week. Promise.
Yeah, Im in Norway. I guess what they mean is that I am skinnier.
I guess its not about being skinny. Its just that they see a difference. Still makes me all awkward tho...
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #20  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

it's actually super awkward. I moved away from where I grew up for school, and stayed away for 5 years- with very brief visits where i would predominantly hang out with my family.

i have lost 100 lbs in the last 3 years. and by 100 lbs, i mean from a size 16-18 to a size 6-8. now i am seeing people that i grew up with, and i am getting a LOT of comments, from friends, from people that i grew up with, from people in my community- and yes i understand that they mean it as a compliment, and i do say thank you, but the best is "omg did you lose weight????" - no, i birthed a cow?? like, seriously? WHAT DO I SAY? lol
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote