Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/21

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning everyone!!

I am just a bit excited, just finished packing for my trip tomorrow AND tomorrow is my week #22 WI and I am hoping to hit my 80lb mark. I hope everyone has a GREAT 100 % OP DAY!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all! I am up and running...on my second cup of MUCH needed coffee this morning. I posted a few days ago that I was waking up a few times in the night and somehow right after posting that I started sleeping through the night again! I know there are people who are fine with only a few hours of sleep a night but that is not me.

Anyway, I had a huge NSV last night. I have had only one pair of 'fat jeans' because I refused to keep buying more clothes. Well, those jeans just would not button for a long time. I grabbed those jeans last night and thought that they may be ok by now...they were huge on me! If I try to wear them again I'll have to wear a belt. That made me try on some other pants that are in my closet that I just haven't tried on since I thought there was no way they would ever fit me. Well, lo and behold, I have options, many options of things that I can wear. I need to spend time this weekend rearranging my closet.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/194.5/140

Height: 5'5

Goodmorning!

Sounds like it's a great start to the day already! Congrats Stolaf for such an awesome NSV! How much fun is that going to be when you go thru the rest of your closet!? yay

And all the best as you get ready for your trip W2B and weigh in. So impressed with that near goal of 80lbs, wow! A day of anticipation for sure!

I'm super excited this morning too - today is day one! I have my mango shake chilling over some ice and my vege sticks ready to go for mid morning snack. For lunch I was going to have the broccoli soup with pureed broccoli added. And I've heard so much about this 'big mac meal' that I have to try it out for dinner. YUM. and then follow it up with a 'chocolate bar' for dessert in the evening. (the caramel nut bar)

Just wanted to double check with you guys though, I read that it's recommended not to have snacks after 8, as well as those snacks should not be a 'restricted' option. So should I rethink indulging in the early evening with the bar? substitute something 'lighter' instead?

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm off and running too - kidlets are getting up! bye for now
Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning all! I am up and running...on my second cup of MUCH needed coffee this morning. I posted a few days ago that I was waking up a few times in the night and somehow right after posting that I started sleeping through the night again! I know there are people who are fine with only a few hours of sleep a night but that is not me.

Anyway, I had a huge NSV last night. I have had only one pair of 'fat jeans' because I refused to keep buying more clothes. Well, those jeans just would not button for a long time. I grabbed those jeans last night and thought that they may be ok by now...they were huge on me! If I try to wear them again I'll have to wear a belt. That made me try on some other pants that are in my closet that I just haven't tried on since I thought there was no way they would ever fit me. Well, lo and behold, I have options, many options of things that I can wear. I need to spend time this weekend rearranging my closet.
CONGRATULATIONS STOLAF!! That is the way to start the day!! I hope you can hear the cheer!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

I am just a bit excited, just finished packing for my trip tomorrow AND tomorrow is my week #22 WI and I am hoping to hit my 80lb mark. I hope everyone has a GREAT 100 % OP DAY!!!!!!!
Wuv.... will be looking forward to hearing about your WI and your trip! Enjoy the good stuff girl!!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

weighed in last nite...34lbs lost and 23 inches lost....wooohooo

Old 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

WI #6 this morning,will check back in later!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/194.5/140

Height: 5'5

Big congratulations to you Junetwin! and this is all since last month? That is so awesome, I just signed up yesterday, and after my initial weigh in I had to add a couple of pounds to my weight tracker! yikes, but today is a new day and I'm ready to go.

You are a great inspiration!

Last edited by startingoveragain; 09-21-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Congrats!!! I cant wait to get to that point. Day 8 for me and my first WI is on Saturday.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

You blow me away lady! 80 pounds! I was hoping to reach 40 this week but I'm doing nothing in the scale department so that's not happening. Are you going to let us know your results before you leave or leave us hanging?

Quote:

Jean NSVs are my favorite! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingoveragain View Post
Goodmorning!

Sounds like it's a great start to the day already! Congrats Stolaf for such an awesome NSV! How much fun is that going to be when you go thru the rest of your closet!? yay

And all the best as you get ready for your trip W2B and weigh in. So impressed with that near goal of 80lbs, wow! A day of anticipation for sure!

I'm super excited this morning too - today is day one! I have my mango shake chilling over some ice and my vege sticks ready to go for mid morning snack. For lunch I was going to have the broccoli soup with pureed broccoli added. And I've heard so much about this 'big mac meal' that I have to try it out for dinner. YUM. and then follow it up with a 'chocolate bar' for dessert in the evening. (the caramel nut bar)

Just wanted to double check with you guys though, I read that it's recommended not to have snacks after 8, as well as those snacks should not be a 'restricted' option. So should I rethink indulging in the early evening with the bar? substitute something 'lighter' instead?

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm off and running too - kidlets are getting up! bye for now
I eat a bar every night between 8 and 9. OK, I lied, most times I only eat half but I'm just not hungry enough for the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
weighed in last nite...34lbs lost and 23 inches lost....wooohooo

Congrats on the great losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenasg1 View Post
WI #6 this morning,will check back in later!!
Good luck!

I've been sparse this week again so I haven't seen a lot of weigh in results. How is this week going for everyone? I know a lot of us had great weeks last week so is anyone else besides me thinking this week is going to be a small one? I really wanted to get to 40 but at this point I'll just be happy with a loss! I got a zit on my chin, my fingers are swollen, and I've been waking with the worst headaches so now I know for SURE tom is creeping in. I drank water like there was no tomorrow yesterday and plan to do the same today to keep some of the retention at bay. Damn those hormones playing with our losses like that!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #12  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

I love reading the successes and look forward to my own new weight loss and trying on clothes that have hung unused for so long. I have a box I have carried from home to home that is labeled. 'pants I better dam well get back into'. I have completed my first day on the plan and happy to say I did it. I wasn't as hungry as I thought. Morning protein drinks are pretty good and I enjoyed the soup. My clinic gives you a variety of everything so I have something new to look forward to each day.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Went back quick and read the posts I didn't get to yesterday before more people get to work.

Rainbowmom: Don't you love closet shopping? Or basement shopping in your case. I went basement shopping last Sat and was disappointed. I thought I had more than I do to go down to. I'm smaller than I've been since probably 8th grade so now I have to start buying. Bummer.

Baldchoc: Great job getting so close to goal. I'm afraid I'll want to change mine also. I have a feeling I may become obsessed and just keep lowering it so I am going to need everybody's help once I get closer. I am also just so comfortable on this phase that I hate to move. Call me crazy.

Dollface: Still having troubles with the punk kid? What are your next steps then? What a bunch of crap! Great job on the inches lost! I'm going to have a tiny week myself it seems in the weight loss but I'm not sure I'll do as great as you in the measurements.

Wildflower: I'm super surprised how many of us there are from SD. I have been a member of 3FC for a long time and never run into this many on any of the boards I ever posted on. We may have to meet up sometime!

Samyswan: How are you feeling at 143? I have my goal set for 145 and I'm 5'4" but I am thinking about lowering it to 140. The only reason I haven't is because I like to say I only have 23lbs to go. I am going to see how slow the losses come as I get closer and what size I get down to and evaluate then I think. I'd like to actually go to about 137 so I can maintain at about 140 but like I said earlier, I may become obsessed so I need to just wait and process it all as it comes closer.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #14  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

hmm...I have WI tomorrow and my own scale (which always weighs less than the DRs) has me UP from last week. Clothes are looser, but this is slightly frustrating. NO CHEATS at all either! Sigh....I'll know more tomorrow AM...trying not to dwell on it but still a bit annoying.

carrie
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #15  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Great to hear from you all

I still have only -1 pound for this week. By tomorrow, it will be officially my 12th week on IP and I would really love it if I hit -40 pounds (I'm minus 39 now)! My plan for today is to have a raw salad with plenty of lettuce for my veggies at lunch instead of the usual boiled vegetables that I eat mashed with an IP soup and for supper I will have another salad with two boiled eggs. I don't know about you guys, but I feel whenever I eat eggs for supper instead of meat, I tend to lose weight the day after. (yes! I do weigh myself everyday, and don't believe I can ever change that, I get paranoid if not).

What do you think?
Closed Thread