Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #76  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
I laughed out loud reading HOLY HOOTERS BATMAN!! That was great ...take a bow DollFaceBella!
-giggle- hey if I've made someone smile that's my good deed for the day
Old 09-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Wooohoo!!!!!.......80lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!.......i loss 2.5lbs!!!!......i am soooooooo excited.

Congrats WUV you deserve it Looks like you're totally kicking my butt now!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I've dropped 40 lbs...when I went for a bra fitting (finally) last week... I'm a cup size bigger cause the girls are still there but my band size dropped over 6"...HOLY HOOTERS Batman!! The girls are waaaay less firm than they used to be but there they sit. I feel soooo much better in a bra that fits, it's almost like I'm normal, LOL.
Wow! 6 inches in band width but up in cup size? That's too funny! I'm on week 2 and my boobs are less firm and a little deflated! Lol! I would love to have a breast reduction when I lose the weight. That's one of my goals and to maybe look good in a swimsuit!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Like I said, I haven't been to see my coach yet. I bet it is hard. is it doable?
I have a print out from this site about Phase 1. Sure doesn't sound like much food. Can I add things like HB Eggs if I get hungry?
Back in July I lost my job due to company locking us out. Since then, DH and I go out every weekend. That's aBIG, BIG problem for me.

Mary Ann
It's a lot more fun than feeling miserable in your own skin.
It'S absolutely doable, you just have to be dedicated and have willpower.
you can have hard boiled eggs as your dinner protein (2 of them) or you can have egg whites when you feel hungry once in a while. pickles too. and unlimited lettuce to fill you up. drinking tea and chewing a piece of gum now and then helps too. You will find though (after the first week) that you won't be hungry and you won't crave) You really just have to check your emotions and most the time you THINK you are hungry, but you are not.

You will get a lot of support on here. If you follow the plan, and don't cheat, you will LOVE it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am actually right at the end of doing just this. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow (Wahoo!) and I did a week of Phase 2 and a week of Phase 3 the past 2 weeks. I am planning on going on vacation and enjoying myself, and not staying on IP.

You can see from my signature that I haven't really lost any weight the last 2 weeks, but my coach said that it is to be expected. She also said that this was the best way to not gain too much weight on vacation.

It has been very hard, mentally, to do this and to not see any movement in the scale. But I wanted to do this the right way and this is life. There are always going to be vacations and exceptions, so I am just rolling with the punches. Although I haven't seen any movement in the scale, besides the same pound up and down, I have lost inches. Which is really what matters. In the end, I don't really care how much the scale says, I just want to feel good and fit into clothes nicely.

If you are seeing a coach, I would recommend to talk to him or her about it. Start now so that they know what you are thinking and they can prepare for it. I have been talking to my coach about my vacation for the last couple of months. This was the plan that she recommended to not blow all of the progress I have made. I am coming back on 10/1 and am fully prepared to get right back on P1 when I return to get to goal. Plus, my coach also told me that whatever I gain will most likely come off within the first week or so after being back on phase 1.

My vacation plan is to try to stick to the maintenance protocol as closely as possible with a few additions of dessert or alcohol here and there. I am going to enjoy myself but try to keep my carbs and sugars in check.

The mini phase off has been helpful because now I kind of know what to expect when I phase off for good. And I woke my pancreas up the right way and did not go straight from P1 to P4, and this should keep vacation weight gain to a minimum. I will certainly keep everyone posted on if this all ended up working out in the end when I get back from vacation.
WOOHOO! Finally the time has come! You deserve it! great job phasing off properly, and enjoy every moment of that vacation! Don't feel guilty, you deserve it!!!!
(THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME I SEND YOU FORBIDDEN SMILIES)

Last edited by leganegan; 09-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #80  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Wow! 6 inches in band width but up in cup size? That's too funny! I'm on week 2 and my boobs are less firm and a little deflated! Lol! I would love to have a breast reduction when I lose the weight. That's one of my goals and to maybe look good in a swimsuit!
I agree...I'm hoping if I stay the course I can get a reduction and a lift this time next year. It's a scary thought but so is being 60 and having them hang to my belly button.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

"YOU DAH WOMAN" Wuv...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am actually right at the end of doing just this. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow (Wahoo!) and I did a week of Phase 2 and a week of Phase 3 the past 2 weeks. I am planning on going on vacation and enjoying myself, and not staying on IP.

You can see from my signature that I haven't really lost any weight the last 2 weeks, but my coach said that it is to be expected. She also said that this was the best way to not gain too much weight on vacation.

It has been very hard, mentally, to do this and to not see any movement in the scale. But I wanted to do this the right way and this is life. There are always going to be vacations and exceptions, so I am just rolling with the punches. Although I haven't seen any movement in the scale, besides the same pound up and down, I have lost inches. Which is really what matters. In the end, I don't really care how much the scale says, I just want to feel good and fit into clothes nicely.

If you are seeing a coach, I would recommend to talk to him or her about it. Start now so that they know what you are thinking and they can prepare for it. I have been talking to my coach about my vacation for the last couple of months. This was the plan that she recommended to not blow all of the progress I have made. I am coming back on 10/1 and am fully prepared to get right back on P1 when I return to get to goal. Plus, my coach also told me that whatever I gain will most likely come off within the first week or so after being back on phase 1.

My vacation plan is to try to stick to the maintenance protocol as closely as possible with a few additions of dessert or alcohol here and there. I am going to enjoy myself but try to keep my carbs and sugars in check.

The mini phase off has been helpful because now I kind of know what to expect when I phase off for good. And I woke my pancreas up the right way and did not go straight from P1 to P4, and this should keep vacation weight gain to a minimum. I will certainly keep everyone posted on if this all ended up working out in the end when I get back from vacation.
Thanks. I just stopped going to my coach, because I'm moving to alternatives. I am going to make an appointment with her husband, the MD at the clinic to discuss nutrition and proper phasing, so I don't put on too much while I'm gone.

I am looking forward to getting away, but kind of anxious about it as well.

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Funny "tummy tuck" story

I went in for a hysterectomy last year at 44 and after two kids the stomach wasn't nearly as tight as I'd like. I joked to the doctor (since I needed a large incision) that he could tighten things up while he was at it. When I came out of surgery my tummy was SO much better and he informed me he'd taken 1.5 inches of skin off for me when he sewed me back up.

On another note - I'm SO excited, I finally got my "ticker"!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #84  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
I went in for a hysterectomy last year at 44 and after two kids the stomach wasn't nearly as tight as I'd like. I joked to the doctor (since I needed a large incision) that he could tighten things up while he was at it. When I came out of surgery my tummy was SO much better and he informed me he'd taken 1.5 inches of skin off for me when he sewed me back up.

On another note - I'm SO excited, I finally got my "ticker"!!
That is funny, and a very nice doctor.... and congrats on your ticker... I was excited when I got mine too.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #85  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Odirish - not everyone's coach allows the little extras such as egg whites, pickles or chewing gum(and definately not as unlimited) but Lettuce is unlimited. So my best advise is check with your coach (if you go that route) and make up your own decision. My extra egg whites and pickles count towards my protein and my veggie limits.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
That is funny, and a very nice doctor.... and congrats on your ticker... I was excited when I got mine too.
Thanks, he is an awesome doctor - I've been waiting anxiously for the ticker - I feel like I'm a "real" member now
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Went back quick and read the posts I didn't get to yesterday before more people get to work.

Rainbowmom: Don't you love closet shopping? Or basement shopping in your case. I went basement shopping last Sat and was disappointed. I thought I had more than I do to go down to. I'm smaller than I've been since probably 8th grade so now I have to start buying. Bummer.

Baldchoc: Great job getting so close to goal. I'm afraid I'll want to change mine also. I have a feeling I may become obsessed and just keep lowering it so I am going to need everybody's help once I get closer. I am also just so comfortable on this phase that I hate to move. Call me crazy.

Dollface: Still having troubles with the punk kid? What are your next steps then? What a bunch of crap! Great job on the inches lost! I'm going to have a tiny week myself it seems in the weight loss but I'm not sure I'll do as great as you in the measurements.

Wildflower: I'm super surprised how many of us there are from SD. I have been a member of 3FC for a long time and never run into this many on any of the boards I ever posted on. We may have to meet up sometime!

Samyswan: How are you feeling at 143? I have my goal set for 145 and I'm 5'4" but I am thinking about lowering it to 140. The only reason I haven't is because I like to say I only have 23lbs to go. I am going to see how slow the losses come as I get closer and what size I get down to and evaluate then I think. I'd like to actually go to about 137 so I can maintain at about 140 but like I said earlier, I may become obsessed so I need to just wait and process it all as it comes closer.
I changed my goal from 142 to 145 after a couple weeks of sloowww losses. I really struggled with the decision to start Phase III today because I didn't want to justify & rationalize a wrong decision just because I'm tired of it. (I can do anything for awhile!) I feel amazing at 142 -- I fit into a loose size 10 and can choose clothes based on what I feel like wearing... not what I can squeeze into or what covers me up better.

It is interesting that our little state of 800,000 people is so well represented on here. It must speak to the tenacity of us Dakotans! I need to rack up more posts so I can PM you other SD gals. I'll work on it.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #88  

Height: 5'7'

Hi all! I am so tired this afternoon. I don't know what happened. I came home from work, made dinner and just fell asleep on the couch for about 20 minutes. I feel like such a bum. Plus, I am super hungry today! What the heck? I'll just drink lots of water and stay out of the kitchen so I can't get tempted.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I am a little afraid of what the weight loss will do for me. I finally got to a nice C cup. When i was thinner i was barely a B. Then add the age and weightless and I am afraid there will be not much there. So far so good, bra is bigger around and with straps but cups are remaining the same.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default 2nd Weigh In

Well I just had my second weigh in and I'm down 2.8 lbs only
I was hoping for much larger and have been OP the complete time
This is awfully expensive for the results I'm achieving

The only questionable things I'm doing is perhaps having more than 1oz of skim milk as I need two cups of coffee in the morning, black is awful and the vanilla drink doesn't work for me. Other than that I have a couple of splashes of lemon juice in my water at night and 1 pkg of splenda per day.

I have started having one restrictive per day and make sure I have my 3 pkgs total, my 4 cups of veggies and protein. I haven't worked out at all and drink tons and tons of water plus take my supplements as indicated.

Any suggestions?????
Closed Thread