Old 04-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #31  

I realized that sticking to some strict diet plan is too tiresome for me...So, when I started with my diet 3 months ago, I just made a decision to completely cut soda and sugar, try to avoid processed foods and not to eat in the evening.

So far lost 32 pounds, I am down from 214 (January 18) to 182 (today).
I usually eat cheese/eggs/protein bread or crackers with tuna spread or something similar for breakfast, chicken breasts/fish/burgers with sauted veggies or salad for lunch, and yoghurts/fruits or something similar late afternoon. I try to hit the gym 2-3 times a week.

In mid-March I had a plateau lasting almost 3 weeks...I was glued at 190. Then I started cheating - one day I ate more, the other day less...so the weight started falling off again. I realized that my body responds well to "shocks" - if I stick with monotonous regime for too long, I hit plateau.

My goal is 149 pounds; I am 5'8'' and that was my normal weight most of my life.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/150/140

Height: 5'6"

^I also recently realized that my body responds to shocks. It needs to be jump started into action. I started out losing pretty rapidly, then was on on the 190 plateau for no particular reason, then after I was sick and couldn't eat for a couple days I started losing quickly again.

Weighed in at 181 this morning and can't wait to get out of the 180s!
NorthernLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, Northernlight! That is so awesome! You are doing fantastic!

I totally agree with you about the "shocks." Working a plan that incorporates calorie cycling doesn't let your body adapt to a routine that results in plateaus. You sure are doing something right! Sprinkle some of that magic dust this way!

Last edited by guacamole; 04-17-2016 at 06:16 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

so far doing well on my WW lifestyle change - decided Its not a diet diets finish this is something I am changing for life I don't want to stop then go back to how I was ... or gain back what I lost..
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #35  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Ditto, Karen- about it being life and not diet.

Also, coincidently, Guac and Northern, I was slowly coming to the same conclusion about giving your diet and body a good shake up when it seems to stagnate...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #36  
tet

S/C/G: 216.8/ticker/138

Height: 5'8"

I've been trying to stay low carb, but not following a specific diet. I had some bumps in the road, but am back onboard. Was frustrated for awhile because I'm not really seeing the scale go down, but on the other hand, I have lost inches and my clothes are fitting much better. I want something sustainable so it becomes a lifestyle rather than a diet. Low going so far, but I'm optimistic I'll finally be able to get where I need to be in the future.
tet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #37  

Default Slim 4 life

I'm doing slim4life - I can't find anyone doing it and I need support so bad! It is basically 4 veggies, 2 proteins, 2 fruits, and 2 starches- I'm getting frustrated because the first 4 weeks I lost 15 lbs - now I'm just stuck and all I want to do is give up and eat a piece of pizza!!! Anyone out there?!?!
Beccakay97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Beccakay97 - sorry cant say I Know of anyone else doing slim for life - had heard of it ..
sounds a bit too restricted and the sort of thing I follow ok for the first 3-4 weeks then just fall off the plan and don't get on again
I tried the 6 week body make over - lost a fair bit for the first 3-4 weeks but did not stick to it very well
Have you got a coach or anyone you can talk to with it .
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #39  

I do not like to count calories. I only make sure to eat vegetables, not a lot of salt in my food. I have eliminated sugar from my diet. Every meal I get veggies in there. All my meat is rather grilled or in the oven. I have learned new ways of eating my favorite foods by just substituting carbs for veggies. I also work out for 1 hr 3 days a week.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #40  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I have started the Metobolic Research Center diet. It was very hard for me to make the decision to go with a diet center but I HAD to do something different. 4 1/2 years ago I lost 60 lbs on my own, calorie counting and exercising. I have slowly regained 40lbs of that and exercise has to be much lighter due to a back/hip problem I have. I found that my Monday's were like ground hog day, I would constantly say, I am starting a new plan today over and over and here I am 40lbs heavier. I do not eat bad but I was drinking more alcohol than before and I am in the mist of menopause so the weight kept coming back on.
I am only on week 1 of the plan, it is strict but I knew that going in and I also know that it is a diet plan, I am learning portion control and it is forcing me to get more veggies in my diet. I am slowly getting back into exercise but I cannot do anything hard core, walking, elliptical some light weight lifting is all I can do. I have paid for 20 weeks of the plan, will see what happens once I hit that date.
Good luck to all!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #41  
mossfootrunner!

Hey, NEmom! Good to see you! Hope the new plan helps you get things moving!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #42  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Magicsuan for the welcome back. I weighed in today and only showed a .5lb loss. I am disappointed because I have stuck to the program this week but I know I need to keep in mind that I have lost 5lbs in two weeks and that my body is probably in shock from the diet changes but still.

We are going out of town this weekend. I have done my best to prepare for the trip, buying food I know I can eat. I am not nearly as worried about the food as I am about overindulging in alcohol. Really going to have to limit my intake of this.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Last edited by NEMom; 05-26-2016 at 01:25 PM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #43  
mossfootrunner!

I hear you on the alcohol, NEmom- nothing says "have some more pizza, who cares?" Like a third glass of wine...

Good luck and lots of strength!

Last edited by Magicsusan; 05-26-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamily828 View Post
I am counting calories, eating low carb and high protein. Also trying to walk a few times a week.
Yes me too - 1,200 cal/day, protein and veggies. Worked for me few years ago and then I stopped eating low carb which resulted in constant hunger and snacking and now additional 20 lb of fat.

I am restarting for the LAST time now
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:01 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Ok I am going to try the Mini goal thing. I have been losing weight at 2 pounds a week and haven't even been working out. Sooooooooo I am going to make mini goals based on holiday's coming up. From today ....

Mini Goals 2 pounds a week

6 Weeks By sept 7th I could lose 12 pds down to 215 pounds

7 more weeks to oct 26th 26 pounds down to 201 pounds

4 more Weeks to Thanksgiving 34 pounds down to 193 pounds

4 more weeks to Yule 42 pounds down to 185 pounds

If this works out I will be only 40 pounds from my goal weight of 145. That means by next Summer I might be in bathing suit weather shape. But this will require toning exercises. So my majority exercises will be toning not cardio. Anyone else want to do this with me Please contact me and add me as a friend. We can support each other.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote