Old 03-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #16  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Look at my profile. I've been here since 2001. I've gotten married, had a baby, lost and gained, lost and gained in the 15 years since I joined 3FC. It's just what happens. So you're back at "square one".....and you'll do it all over again. Seriously Hang in there.

Last edited by dietcokehead98; 03-02-2015 at 03:13 PM.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:13 AM   #17  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Count me in too; this is my third time on this rollercoaster and it's lost all of the thrill of that first time losing. I always go back to the exact same weight, practically to the pound.

For me, I self-sabotage. I hit a personal setback after losing over 30lbs last time and regained it all in a couple of months.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #18  

Smile Have to stick with it for the rest of my life

I'm new here, hello. I just finished listening to an audio book autobiography of a recovering alcoholic. It is what inspired me to look around for a support group. When he is in rehab, he asks how often he will have to go to AA meetings and the counselor tells him every day for the rest of his life.

I've only dieted seriously once in my life, got down to where I wanted to be, and low and behold like everyone talks about I gained it all back and then some within a year.

So, no diet this time, lifestyle change. Still trying to figure out exactly what that will be.
Enon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #19  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

I was just thinking the same thing! I did Metabolic Research 2 years ago, lost 40 lbs and have regained all back. I do well with the higher protein, less carbs. What is everyone having success with?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #20  

I feel your pain. I have had a slight regain (I'm guessing under 10 lbs, but I cannot face the scale). I have to whine, though: What bugs me is the focus it takes to lose weight. I just want to live my life. I don't want to count, weigh, measure, etc. I calorie counted for almost 4 years (been maintaining for 3 1/2), and it was no big deal entering the calories into my smartphone app, but I started to become OCD about food. I would find myself continually going into my smartphone calorie app, juggling around the calories and negotiating more treats/food for myself. Then, I would feel guilt, try to starve the next day, end up caving by lunchtime . . . lather, rinse, repeat. I just cannot face the fact that I have to live that way to maintain my weight.

I'm not giving up, though. What I've been trying the last couple of weeks are just having two meals a day (breakfast & dinner), no seconds, no snacks (a tweaked version of the NoS diet). If an occasion to go out to eat comes up or a party or something, I'll veer from that, but otherwise, I'm trying to stick to it. As I've gotten older, I see more and more the wisdom of the KISS method (keep it simple, stupid). I figure that I need to establish some sort of sustainable habit that will carry be through for the rest of my life, and this 2-meals-a-day seems doable (it is the way that my naturally thin husband ALWAYS eats). I've had limited success so far. It's not the mild hunger pangs that get to me; I actually enjoy feeling hunger before dinner. It's the mental part. I find comfort in food, and sometimes, if I get down or stressed, it makes me feel better to open my jar of cashew butter and start eating. I'm going to have to work on that. I won't give up, though.

Last edited by lin43; 03-17-2015 at 03:39 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #21  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

It's all about my mental state. I know that I feel so good when I am eating right, yet I have gotten myself repeatedly into situations where I didn't and gained a lot of weight back, all the while feeling like ****. This has happened about five times in the last 15 years. I do suffer from anxiety disorder and PTSD and do not take any meds. which doesn't help matters. So, I am learning how to manage my mental state, cooking and eating in a healthy way consistently. I am working really hard to adopt a healthy mindset when it comes to food and slowly it is working this time.

For me, if my mind isn't 'there', my body won't be either. My personal success is based on the synching of my mind and body.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #22  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Whoa! I'm in the same boat as all the square-oners here! Well shoot. I sprained my knee in the fall and fell into some pretty terrible habits. Many of which involve soft cheeses and wine. I got to the gym today and yesterday and that's about all - I'm afraid to admit the great many things I've let slide! I was eating lunch out at least once a week, buying chips at least once a week, and probably the worst habit: stopping for fast food and eating it on the way home. Booo! All the other things just add up after that. Chocolates, television, and not even sitting....reclining!! Good grief what's happened??? Again...Well shoot. Back to square one.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

Lol. I can so relate to your post. I am back after 15 months and almost 45 pounds.
I am up for the challenge of trying to discover why I tend to "give up on myself" or as some would say "the fear of success".

Just grateful to be back and looking forward to loosing with you.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #24  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandtam View Post
Whoa! I'm in the same boat as all the square-oners here! Well shoot. I sprained my knee in the fall and fell into some pretty terrible habits. Many of which involve soft cheeses and wine. I got to the gym today and yesterday and that's about all - I'm afraid to admit the great many things I've let slide! I was eating lunch out at least once a week, buying chips at least once a week, and probably the worst habit: stopping for fast food and eating it on the way home. Booo! All the other things just add up after that. Chocolates, television, and not even sitting....reclining!! Good grief what's happened??? Again...Well shoot. Back to square one.
Mmm, reclining. Just thinking about that makes me swoon. And wish I had a recliner.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I just have no motivation and I am tired all the time. I want to blame it on my age...will be 50 in August. My body has changed and my will power is gone.

I am a nurse, I know about nutrition and what my body needs and doesn't need and what I should and shouldn't be doing. But then I look at people that have hundreds of pounds to lose or people that have physical disabilities that would love to be in the shape I am (even tho it's not the best) and I wonder why am I torturing myself. Why can't I be satisfied with the way I am, the body I have? I have both feet, legs arms and hands. I can walk and can run a little. I can work. Why am I not happy with the way I look? I just feel miserable.

Last edited by lyv33; 05-17-2015 at 10:20 AM.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #26  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyv33 View Post
I just have no motivation and I am tired all the time. I want to blame it on my age...will be 50 in August. My body has changed and my will power is gone.

I am a nurse, I know about nutrition and what my body needs and doesn't need and what I should and shouldn't be doing. But then I look at people that have hundreds of pounds to lose or people that have physical disabilities that would love to be in the shape I am (even tho it's not the best) and I wonder why am I torturing myself. Why can't I be satisfied with the way I am, the body I have? I have both feet, legs arms and hands. I can walk and can run a little. I can work. Why am I not happy with the way I look? I just feel miserable.
How tall are you? Maybe you are at or close to the weight you should be at? When I do higher protein and lower carbs, I have more energy and feel great. Minimum 30 minutes walking a day (or 8000 steps).
I'm 56 years old and there are women older in much better shape than me - anyway - I've changed my goal to be healthier and have more energy and lose pounds too but being healthier is bigger priority
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:21 AM   #27  

Well, I have finally decided to go back to what works...calorie counting. I have done great this week and feel better overall.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #28  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Calorie counting or food logging, whatever you want to call it, works best for me. If I keep track of everything I eat, I can control it. I can also eat some junk food or whatever!

I'm another who is in the same boat . . It took me longer than some to put it back on, close to 5 years. But a pound a month for five years adds up to a lot!

That's my problem, I don't eat THAT far off what I should, just enough that I gain a bit at a time. And I maintain at 207 beautifully . . . (that number has moved up over the years also, I remember when it was 185)
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:11 AM   #29  

24 more pounds to go. It looks and sounds like a lot, but I am trying really hard to stick with it. I am not looking to lose it overnight, it would be nice but I know better. So, if I can just lose 1 pound a week I will be happy.