Old 05-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #16  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Two days to the weekend!

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a few new habits, such as drinking more water, watching less TV, being more active in general, eating healthier, and checking in here. I've heard it takes six weeks to develop a habit. One day down! Woohoo!

Took my dog to play in the river tonight, and then he, one of my cats, and I went for a walk. The walk was really slow with the cat coming along. But she loves to join us. Sometimes she walks almost a mile with us. That's a lot for a little cat. We live out in the country, and she has lots to investigate on our walks.

Moondance: Best wishes for tomorrow. Hope all goes well with your big event.

Ottermommy: I feel your pain with your allergies. I am allergic to everything outside. What I have found to work for me is I take two different allergy meds, Claritin and Allegra, the 24-hour kind, and take them 12 hours apart every day. So, I take the Claritin at 7 AM and the Allegra at 7 PM. And I do that almost year round. I received four allergy shots every week for two years. At the end of the two years, I was retested, and I was actually worse. Some things I just can't go near, such as hay, and I have to deal with that. But the double dose of the meds helps with enough that it allows me to feel somewhat normal.

To everyone else: Have a great rest of the week.

Robin

Last edited by rtardif; 05-09-2013 at 12:24 AM.
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday! It's also Intimate Apparel Week (insert cat call here).

I'm on a kind of roll here, not eating much, exercising a lot. Scale said 184 this morning. Down another pound. That makes me quite happy! I may have a drink or two tonight, so I might go back up. But after the stressful week I've had, I feel I deserve it.

rtardif: It must be hard living in the country with your allergies. I'm glad you've found a solution that you can live with. I love the visual of your cat going along for your walk! We have a rescue cat with no claws, so she doesn't go outside. DD#2 bought a harness for her to take her out on walks, but we can't get her in the harness...she's too fat! Today will be day #2 of habit forming behaviors. Congratulations!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #18  

Happy Friday!

Yesterday's event went off without a hitch. Very satisfying!! Didn't get on the scale today but I didn't have much time to eat yesterday. I did have a beer though. But it's all good. Now for audition preparations.

Hope you have a great, on-plan day!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Crappy Saturday weather. Got the Fat Tire bike out of the garage and rode anyway. Patting myself on the back!
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197.5/180.5/160

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day! I have been MIA for a while. Totally off plan both eating and exercising wise. I did not get on the scale this morning because I don't want the bad news. I am going to have one good solid week on plan and then I will step on the scale and see what damage I have done.
The weather if finally warming up here. Yesh, we had snow in May for crying out loud. The sunshine is so nice.
I will be checking in on a regular basis to keep myself in line. I refuse to regain the weight I worked so hard to lose.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #21  
Calorie Counter

On plan for two days in a row. Working on day three today. We are going out of town on Friday and it is always so hard to stay on plan. Really going to work on it. I need to move forward and not back.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #22  

I'm getting a little frustrated...three times I've tried posting and have gotten errors (and no post). Hope this one sticks...

Auditions were great, got a callback and that was good too. If I don't get the part, it's because I'm too tall or too short, too old or too young, too blonde, etc. Not because I'm not capable.

NEMom: Glad to see you back and staying on plan. Keep at it!

junem:
WTG getting out there!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Well, I know I've been MIA. I'm sorry, but I've had to put basically everything on hold. All I've been able to accomplish is going to work, taking H to what seems like 100s of drs. appts.
He is doing better. He still has stitches in his left foot. He'll get them out June 5th if everything goes according to plan. It's been just a lot of tiring work. However, we are going on vaca on Monday! I'm actually off starting on Fri. evening & won't be back til Memorial Day!
Yes, I was hoping to be down weight-wise by the time vaca came along, but life doesn't always go according to plan. As so many you know. That's okay. My new offical start date will be June 10th or sooner, depending on how H does. Keep your fingers crossed!

NEMom: Don't give up! Keep trying! I'm right behind you...I'm just going to hold off til H is completely healed so I can concentrate more.
junem: Good job on getting on your bike! Congrats!!
Moondance: Sorry you didn't get the role. One day, you'll find the perfect role! Go for it!!
rtardif: Good job on creating good habits! Keep it up! I think it's awesome when all the animals want to join in the walk! When I'd go to my cousin's place we'd have a whole "zoo" go with us! 3 dogs & 1 or 2 cats...such fun!

Well, I gotta head to bed. I had to pop in & let everyone know...I'm alive, I'm struggling, but I'm not giving up just yet. I have a lot on my plate still, H has drs. appts usually 2 or 3 a week. UGH! But hopefully those are coming to an end SOON!
Cyber hugs to you all!!! BE HEALTHY! BE AWESOME! ROCK BEING THOSE 40-SOMETHINGS!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #24  

Happy Thursday! Did you also know it's Salute to Moms 35+ Week?

Had my annual check-up. All my blood work came back good. Vitamin D is the only supplement I'm supposed to take (my count is HALF of what it should be!). That makes me feel good. All my hard work is paying off. Yipee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTryingAgain View Post
Moondance: Sorry you didn't get the role. One day, you'll find the perfect role! Go for it!!
I don't know if I got the role or not yet. We find out tonight... I'm sorry you're being run ragged. I'm so proud of you to hear that you haven't given up but just put on hold until you can focus on you again. We're thinking of you and H!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #25  
Calorie Counter

It's my Friday. Cheer me on. I have a four day weekend, we are going to SD and I must stay on plan! We will also be going to SD Memorial Day weekend and I need to stay on plan then too. My 25th year High School reunion is at the end of June. I do not have many fond memories of high school and have not attended any of the other reunions but am looking forward to this one. I want to be back to to 160 at least.

Mrs.Trying - I am so sorry about all the health troubles your DH is experiencing. I know they are very stressful! I hope you have a wonderful, fabulous vacation!!!
Moondance- Keeping my fingers crossed and double crossed for you. I am glad that your auditions went well!

Prying for some sunshine so we can play on the water a bit this weekend. They are forecasting rain, and yes we need it but I need some fun too darn it.

Have a great weekend all!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #26  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/144.3/140

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all, just a quick check in. Getting back on plan, just in time to go on vacation, will try and keep up the activity as much as I can!

See you later! Keep on keeping on!

Last edited by kelijpa; 05-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 236

Totally fell of the face of the earth... Mea culpa

Between DD breaking her arm a few weeks ago, baseball, band, soccer (yes, you still have to go to games even though you are in a cast and can't play), working overtime and DH being out of town for a week, I have had no time for me. Until today! Today is my first day of summer break!

Preschool finished up yesterday; I always cry when my "other" babies leave to go to kindergarten. Today I am having coffee on my porch, reading the paper and then planting some annuals. Then the "real" work starts. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning - blech! I think that I will take a break today and watch a movie in the basement and try to get a short nap in.

Have a wonderful weekend!
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #28  

Happy Friday! It's also National Bike to Work Day.

Had a bit of a shock this morning...scale read 183! Down another 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm a bit dehydrated, but to see those numbers on the scale was something else! I haven't been under 185 in about 12 years. Pants are getting baggy...things are looking pretty good!

Still no word on the role in the musical. The reason is the director didn't like his choices for the character Sweeney Todd, so he auditioned more men last night. He won't announce the whole cast list until he's got everyone. It's been a long week of waiting!

NEMom: Glad to see you checking in. Hope your weekend is fun and on plan! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather too.

kelijpa: Have fun on your vacation too! Keeping active will help offset the extra food. Enjoy!

ukemama: Glad to see you back. Life gets in the way sometimes, but the important part is you came back as soon as you could. End of the school year is always tough, isn't it!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #29  

Happy Saturday!

I GOT THE PART!

Say hello to Mrs. Lovett!
I'm on the moon.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #30  

Congratulations on your part, Mrs. Lovett! So happy for you!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote