3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-something St. Patrick's Day challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/275642-40-something-st-patricks-day-challenge.html)

natamars 02-18-2013 08:54 PM

Monday: 1205 calories, 30 min HIIT on the treadmill

guac, get back on the wagon, you'll be fine!

NEMom, good to see you! How are you liking C25K? Have you signed up for an actual 5K yet? I started running just a few years ago and signing up for my first 5K was what really kept me going.

kelijpa, I love walking too..I'm a slow jogger but I love the feeling afterward!

sum, WOW on the 154..that almost puts you at goal for the challenge!

luv, hope you had a great day!

guacamole 02-19-2013 07:51 AM

Finally braved the scale after a long weekend of eating - 155. Ugh! It could be worse, though. Hopefully, some of it is water weight?! I can dream....

Starting weight
2/14/13 - 154

Current weight
2/19/13 - 155

Goal weight
3/17/13 - 148

NEMom 02-19-2013 09:27 AM

Yeah for your loss Sum!!! Love it when the scale can make you smile two days in a row. Sounds like even not skiing, you are having a good vacations.

Natamars - The C25K is going well. I know in the real world my snails pace and 5 minutes of running at one time is not a huge thing but to me it is huge. As a 28 year smoker this is an accomplishment for me. I am going to do a 5K in June. Thought about doing the Color Run that is coming here in May but did not want to spend $40 to register.

Guac - some of it is probably water weight. You will get there lady. Congrats to you for braving the scale, I have not done that this week yet.

Food was within calorie range yesterday. Did have one liquid donut but it fit within my calories.
I got up and did the last day for week 4 of the C25K program. Man, it is amazing how the last 5 min stint really kicked my butt.
I am in the throws of pre menopause and PMS this week. Not a good combo. This time of the month I have a short fuse and a bad attitude. Need to keep it in check today.

newleaf123 02-19-2013 09:52 AM

Sw 163.1
Cw 163.2
Gw 158.x

Sum38 02-19-2013 10:10 AM

sw 158.2
cw 154.8
gw 153.2

I just swam laps for half an hour. I am a terrible swimmer; therefore I burn mega calories just to stay afloat :D

Today hubby and kiddies are taking a day off from boarding and skiing. We will have a hike day, more calories to be burned :)

LuvCats 02-19-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guacamole (Post 4638128)
Finally braved the scale after a long weekend of eating -

Lol that is going to be me the first Tuesday of March following Vegas. Keep at it you'll get it going again!

kelijapa: Good job getting back to it after having wings. Sounds like it was good you let yourself have them though.... we have to treat ourselves sometimes.

Good job on the exercise yesterday, natamars. Yesterday was the first time in about a month I didn't exercise. Will be back to it today though. Keep up the good work!

NEMom: WTG to see to it the liquid doughnut was in your calorie count. Keep up the good work on C25K.

Keep it up newleaf!

Woo hoo Sum! Looking good! You just might have to revise your goal. Lol making it "keep losing."

I lost a little... might be 2# but I forgot to weigh before I ate... maybe it makes no difference but it always feels like it does. Puts me to a total of 15# lost. I doubt I'm likely to lose much this next week as I know I will be having cake.... as long as it is no gain I'll be good. Then Vegas. :)

curleycarr 02-19-2013 11:50 AM

Hi all you Irish Eyes!!

Well I cannot believe it we all have the flu at home. My eldest came down with it on Thursday last and its been like dominos ever since...my DH is so sick. I got it on Sunday and I don't think I've felt this awful for a very long time. So many of my sons class are out with it too.

I can't really eat anything so yes I must have lost weight although I haven't been near the scales.

Keep going everyone...you are doing great!!!

Sum38 02-19-2013 12:50 PM

Feel better curley. I just had it last week and it was not fun!!

Jennifer1966 02-19-2013 04:03 PM

CurleyCarr: I hope you feel better soon!

Sum38: whistler sounds fabulous! Way to go on on the exercise!

LuvCats: have fun in Vegas!

I was back at 190.2 this am, which after being out of town for 5 of the last 7 days was good for me! I think I should make the 180s in the next couple days! Since that was my original V Day goal, I'm going to try super hard to meet my St. Paddy's Day goal before the 17th!!

We can do this!

newleaf123 02-19-2013 09:13 PM

Sweettay and Trisha Welcome! Sounds like you have great goals! Keep us posted...

Jennifer Glad you had a nice weekend in the city! And great job managing your weight through all this travel. WTG!

Natamars You are doing great against your goal; keep up the great work!! Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it feels pretty great.

LuvCats You've only been here a month? Seems like you're an old-timer... Congratulations on being down 15 pounds; that is AWESOME!!

Sum38 Sounds like you are having such a great vacation!! I'm hopeful that the scale will stick... And I hope you had a great, beautiful hike today.

NEMom Sounds like great goals! You're doing great with the C25k :carrot: Sorry you're not have a good week, hormonewise

Guacamole I hope you are getting back into your normal food routine, now that the long weekend is over. I love having a face to put to your avocados now!

CurleyCarr So sorry to read that everyone has been so sick. Hoping people are better by the time you read this in the AM.

Here, all is well. I had blood work done today as part of my annual physical and I'm looking forward to the results. I had my cholesterol tested back in August and it was excellent. Since then I've added in whole grains and green tea, both of which are supposed to help lower cholesterol, so I'm curious to see if the numbers are even better. Finally exercised today for the first time in awhile. That tetanus booster really through me for a loop. But I feel engaged and back on track.

elaine19 02-20-2013 12:09 AM

Okay I am in , my goal is 6 lbs by St. Pattys... I am working out 5 days a week, and eating well so I think this goal is obtainable.
SW 200 Feb19/13

Zumbachica 02-20-2013 06:30 AM

Hello all!! Thank you for starting this challenge, I'm on board again, lets hope this time i can actually accomplish something.........
Too afraid to weigh myself this morning but I guess i'm going to have to in order to make up a new challenge ticker....

My birthday weekend was awesome Sum.....Museum of Modern Art, fantabulous dinner, empire state building at night and some kisses ;) It certainly made up for all the sad depressing birthdays I've had the past few years......

Now it is time to get serious....more than ever since I am auditioning for a new job at a higher end gym and they are all about "image"....going to start cross fit, was supposed to start tonight but I'm not feeling well. I have a huge icky gross cold sore and half my face hurts from it..the pain goes down the side of my face into my neck..unreal!! I need this now like I need a hole in the head. Needless to say I don't feel like eating, but I don't feel like working out either.....and I feel like the elephant man.....

Time to get McSerious for St Patty's.....;)

newleaf123 02-20-2013 06:47 AM

Sw 163.1
Cw 162.3
Gw 158.x

natamars 02-20-2013 08:09 AM

Tuesday: 1405 calories, 25 min stairclimbing, 40 min elliptical

zumba, glad you had such a great w/e! Good to see you. We're making some great progress here..spring is coming.

elaine, sounds like you'll be in onederland any minute! welcome!

newleaf, glad things are going well.

jennifer, that's an excellent weigh-in after being out of town so much

curley, that stinks! We've had a horrible flue season in the States too. Feel better.

luv, you're so funny that you keep forgetting to weigh in! I won't step on the scale if I've had even a sip of water!

sum, glad you're feeling better - 30 min of swimming is impressive!

NEMom, I totally get you on the running..never thought I'd be able to do it either. Soon you'll be doing 10, then 15..I actually think the first 5 minutes of a run is the hardest.

guac, that is awesome that your scale barely moved..you must not have been as bad as you thought!

NEMom 02-20-2013 09:24 AM

Newleaf - Hope your blood results are as good as you hope they are. I am luck in that I have never had any blood pressure or cholesterol issues. They run in the family but I have missed those issues so far.

Elaine - Welcome and good luck on meeting that 6lb loss goal!

Zumba - Glad you had a good birthday weekend. Sorry about the cole sore, I am sure it does not look as bad as it feels to you. Good luck on trying out for the new job!!!

Natamars - Thank you for the support for running. I am going to keep at it because I know cardio is something that I really need to work on.

Calories were under 1300 yesterday, got up and exercised this morning. Elliptical for 30 min and then some light weight lifting.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!