3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-something St. Patrick's Day challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/275642-40-something-st-patricks-day-challenge.html)

Jennifer1966 02-15-2013 05:39 PM

Newleaf: 43 pounds is amazing! Patagonia sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sum: You will also have a great time! We have some travelers in this group.

CurleyCarr: we definitely are going to have the 180s at our mercy!

I did we'll today mostly except we did go out for Japenese at work. The yum yum sauce is my downfall! DH decided we'd go to Pittsburgh this weekend, so I'm going to try and walk a ton to balance the food and drink. When I get home, I'm going to have to buckle down to get back on a loss track!

We can all reach our St. Paddy's goals!

Sum38 02-15-2013 06:33 PM

In Whistler, safe and sound.

I am still super sick. This has no end!!

Stats
SW 158.2
CW 157
GW 153.2

kelijpa 02-15-2013 07:49 PM

NewLeaf great on the loss, your trip sounds awesome, we're trying to plan for Yosemite in Sept. that's what I tell myself when I need a little push "training for Yosemite"

Sum best of luck with your challenge, enjoy the vacation, hope you're feeling better soon!

My St. Pat's goal is:
get in 60 oz. water per day
get in 10K steps most days
weight loss goal~162 lbs.

best of luck to all :sunny:

LuvCats 02-15-2013 11:31 PM

So far so good here at my folks. Lots of walking and managing to stay eating well (even have turned down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls).

Keep strong ladies! We can do this! :carrot:

Jennifer1966 02-16-2013 07:41 AM

Good morning everyone! I am back at my pre-conference weight just in time to eat and drink my way through pittsburgh this weekend! No, I'm going to make good choices and DH and I are going to bundle up and walk all over the city!

Sum: I hope you feel better soon!

SW: 191.8
CW: 190.2
GW: <185

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Sum38 02-16-2013 10:31 AM

Miss my scale :eek: How sad is that!!??

The hotel scale gave me a reading of 158.2 with my bathingsuit on. I will use that as the baseline for the next 10 days. It probably is right; afterall I traveled all day and each time I gain a little bit of bloat.

Stats
SW 158.2
CW 158.2
GW 153.2

I am thinking about seeing a doctor if I don't get better after today. I have been really sick since Sunday and perhaps this is turning into some bacterial infection...

I will try to swim today. There is a gorgeous outdoor pool and maybe the steam would help me with my lungs. -- If I have the strength I will leisurely swim for one hour. I need to start getting some exercise in, it has been weeks since I did something :mad:

Everyone have a fab day!!!!

Sum38 02-16-2013 10:38 AM

Jennifer Are you taking a holiday weekend with hubby? Sounds romantic :love:

LuvCats :woohoo: on turning down down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls!! That is some excellent willpower!

kelijpa What do you use for counting your steps?

newleaf123 I hope your Valentine's Day gain is behind you.

natamars You are just so awesome and dedicated! Inspiration for sure!!

curleycarr sssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but I am secrectly hoping to shed 8 pounds as well :D -- We can do it!

Where is Zumba??

:wave: to the ones I missed....

:dust:

curleycarr 02-16-2013 10:48 AM

Heah great job Jennifer...fantastic ... you are knocking on the door to those 180's...

Sum its horrible being sick isn't it.I think maybe go to the doctor if even for peace of mind. Try to take it easy and don't be hard on yourself.

luvcats... you are on a roll keep going!!

newleaf...happy saturday hope you are doing something lovely for yourself!

I had a rather big night out last night....so I need to be good as gold for the next few days!!!!No comfort eating!!! On the plus side though I've been exercising/ running to beat the band. So maybe it'll all balance up. Will do weigh in tomorrow.

Keep those Irish eyes smiling!!! :D :yes: :yes:

natamars 02-16-2013 12:32 PM

Friday: 1570 calories, no exercise.

Stuck @ home with a sick kid, but I should have done some strength training.

curley, you'll un-do any damage quickly with that attitude!

sum, that stinks that you're still not feeling well! Hope things turn around for you soon!!

jennifer, have a great w/e!

luv, sounds like a diet minefield over there!! great job resisting.

kelijpa, good to see you again! great goals!

curleycarr 02-17-2013 07:30 AM

Hi Colleens!

Well not so great news I'm up almost 2lbs........So head down I'm afraid and work it off. I know how it happened I went carb crazy over the last 3 days. It just shows me how quickly it puts the weigh up for me. I have to learn how to say no to second helpings.....

On the good side though, the exercising is really working for me. I have lost inches all over...just got measured on Friday. I bought a smaller pair of jeans yesterday...

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies, you have really helped me develop an attitude adjustment!!!!

natamars 02-17-2013 07:43 AM

Saturday: 1215 calories, 30 min elliptical.

Made it through a hockey game with nothing to eat or drink..the smell of fried food was tempting! Had hoped to be rewarded with a nice loss, but only down .2 for the challenge..why does it come on so easily and go away so slowly?

curley, I know you're running..do you go every day? Are you doing strength training also?

mboo 02-17-2013 10:11 AM

Just checking in...Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Sum38 02-17-2013 10:16 AM

I either looked at the scale wrong yesterday or I dropped 4 pounds over night... It is one of those doctor looking scales... Anycase this am it gave me a reading of 154.2... I wonder if the reading was 155.2 yesterday, and I just tricked my brain into thinking it was 158.2...

IF I dropped 4 pounds of airplane bloat overnight...I am giddy!

newleaf123 02-17-2013 10:40 AM

Will read everyone else later... Just dropping by to say I'm feeling back on track. I had a tetanus booster at the dr on Thursday and it really through me for a loop. Arm hurt terribly so no going to the gym. Then felt terrible Friday night into Saturday afternoon, like the flu was settling in. Today I feel great! Shoveled the driveway, which is always great exercise.

Updating my tickers to show the awful truth, primarily since I like the feeling of moving them down at every possible juncture.

Sum38 02-17-2013 10:46 AM

Heidi That shot just sucks! I got one a few years back and my arm was sore for a week. -- I am glad you are feeling better today!