3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-something St. Patrick's Day challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/275642-40-something-st-patricks-day-challenge.html)

LuvCats 02-13-2013 12:54 PM

40-something St. Patrick's Day challenge

Spring is right around the corner. What goal would you like to aim for? We can do this especially with the great support here on the 40's 3FC forum!

(I thought I'd put this up today so we have it to think about as we are ending the V-Day challenge.)

newleaf123 02-14-2013 08:07 AM

Thanks LuvCats for starting this!!

My goal for St. Patricks Day... Hmmm... I need to think on this some more. I leave on St. Patricks Day for my Patagonia trek -- 84 miles of hiking near the southern tip of Chile. It's supposed to be gorgeous and difficult.

My goal is to work out 5 days a week:

My hope is to be 158 when I step on that plane. So...

Sw 163.1
          Cw 163.1
          Gw 158.x

Jennifer1966 02-14-2013 09:45 AM

Yay ! Another challenge! My goal is to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week, and I'd like to be under 185 by St. Paddy's Day!

SW: 191.8
          CW: 191.8
          GW: <185

natamars 02-14-2013 10:05 AM

Hi again!! Only 31 days for this challenge so I'll try to be a bit more realistic:

1) Lose 5 lbs
          2) Post my calories and exercise on this thread daily
          3) Keep calories in the 1200-1500 range
          4) Some type of exercise daily, run 3x/week, increasing distance on "long" run weekly

guacamole 02-14-2013 11:21 AM

Hello, ladies! One challenge ends, and yet another begins! Just like life! My goal is to track my food, stay within a calorie range of 1200-1400 on weekdays and 1600-1800 on weekends. I would like to keep my carb/white flour/white rice/sugar intake low. I would like to increase my protein intake. I would like to get out and walk/jog if the weather permits at least 3 times per week.

Starting weight
          2/14/13 - 154

Current weight
          2/14/13 - 154

Goal weight
          3/17/13 - 148

Sum38 02-14-2013 11:57 AM

I will simply do a weight loss challenge.

SW 158.2
          GW 153.2 :)

2/17 154.2
          2/24
          3/3
          3/10
          3/17

LuvCats 02-14-2013 12:19 PM

Yay all the goals sound great. We can do this!

Lol realized I didn't post my own goals.

The are:

1) To get back to pre-Vegas weight and/or lose a bit more.
          2) Continue exercising regularly (at least 5 days per week).

I'm going to try to do a lot of walking in Vegas but I'm being realistic that I will eat off plan. Luckily drinking won't happen because I think all types of liquor taste disgusting, lol.

2FatCats 02-14-2013 12:25 PM

I'm in this time!

One month goals:
          1. Continue NRoLS Program (weights 3x a week)
          2. Eat on Plan
          3. 152 lbs or whatever # makes me under 23% body fat

:goldpot:
          02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
          02/21
          02/28
          03/07
          03/14
          03/17

Sum38 02-14-2013 12:39 PM

2fatcats Our starting weight is exactly the same :)

Sum38 02-14-2013 06:07 PM

This challenge will be truly a challenge for me (again). My vacation lifestyle continues :) We are about to go on a ski vacation, destination Whistler BC. This is our 4th time there, and it is our favorite ski resort. -- BUT it is a vacation and we have to eat out all 3 meals per day...plus night life and drinking....

The hotel has a beautiful gym and a fantastic outdoor swimming pool. I have every intention to work out each day and swim for 1 hour (I don't ski; I shattered my ankle 5 years ago after a day of skiing and I can't find a comfortable boot to fit).

So I will do my best!! It will be hard :(

mboo 02-14-2013 06:18 PM

Would love to do, I'm gonna shoot for 8 pounds and continue exercising 3to 4 days a week Sw 215 Gw 207

2/21 213.6
          2/28

curleycarr 02-14-2013 07:08 PM

St Paddy's day here we gooooo!
          Ok so what to put down as my goals...

1. I will go for 8 lbs this time..... its ambitious but I'll aim for it and see where I get to so

CW 186
          GW 178

2. Keep running...going to do a 5k on 8th March
          3. Drink water...lots of it that is..
          4. Start to lift weights....

Really looking forward to working with all you chicas again!!!!

natamars 02-15-2013 07:14 AM

Thursday: 1440 calories, 25 min stairclimbing

Hung out w/ DH and DS for V-Day and watched some Harry Potter. DS isn't feeling well again..bad cough and generally whiny.

Happy weekend!

newleaf123 02-15-2013 07:39 AM

Sw 163.1
          Cw 163.3
          Gw 158.x

Ugh, moving in the wrong direction! Valentines Day bump, I'm sure. And my plan to lift weights today is foiled. I got a tetanus shot at my physical yesterday, and boy does my arm hurt! The good news is that I was down 43 pounds since my physical a year ago :carrot:

curleycarr 02-15-2013 01:30 PM

Wow newleaf that is so impressive about the 43 pounds . No worries on the Vday bump, we are on a brand new month challenge now...and we are looking forward.

Natamars Oh I love watching Harry Potter with the kids! Lucky you! Sorry to hear DH is not the Mae West...

mboo...you and me both...we can do this 8lb thing...can't we!

sum...your trip sounds gorgeous...Whistler is one of my favorite places...

2FatCats....I love your leprachaun!

Jennifer......we are going to have those 180's begging for mercy!...don't you think!!

Luvcats...thanks for starting this thread and getting us all on board!

Ar aghaidh linn - that's Irish for OFF WE GOOOO! :luck2you: :luck2you: :luck2you:

Jennifer1966 02-15-2013 05:39 PM

Newleaf: 43 pounds is amazing! Patagonia sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sum: You will also have a great time! We have some travelers in this group.

CurleyCarr: we definitely are going to have the 180s at our mercy!

I did we'll today mostly except we did go out for Japenese at work. The yum yum sauce is my downfall! DH decided we'd go to Pittsburgh this weekend, so I'm going to try and walk a ton to balance the food and drink. When I get home, I'm going to have to buckle down to get back on a loss track!

We can all reach our St. Paddy's goals!

Sum38 02-15-2013 06:33 PM

In Whistler, safe and sound.

I am still super sick. This has no end!!

Stats
          SW 158.2
          CW 157
          GW 153.2

kelijpa 02-15-2013 07:49 PM

NewLeaf great on the loss, your trip sounds awesome, we're trying to plan for Yosemite in Sept. that's what I tell myself when I need a little push "training for Yosemite"

Sum best of luck with your challenge, enjoy the vacation, hope you're feeling better soon!

My St. Pat's goal is:
          get in 60 oz. water per day
          get in 10K steps most days
          weight loss goal~162 lbs.

best of luck to all :sunny:

LuvCats 02-15-2013 11:31 PM

So far so good here at my folks. Lots of walking and managing to stay eating well (even have turned down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls).

Keep strong ladies! We can do this! :carrot:

Jennifer1966 02-16-2013 07:41 AM

Good morning everyone! I am back at my pre-conference weight just in time to eat and drink my way through pittsburgh this weekend! No, I'm going to make good choices and DH and I are going to bundle up and walk all over the city!

Sum: I hope you feel better soon!

SW: 191.8
          CW: 190.2
          GW: <185

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Sum38 02-16-2013 10:31 AM

Miss my scale :eek: How sad is that!!??

The hotel scale gave me a reading of 158.2 with my bathingsuit on. I will use that as the baseline for the next 10 days. It probably is right; afterall I traveled all day and each time I gain a little bit of bloat.

Stats
          SW 158.2
          CW 158.2
          GW 153.2

I am thinking about seeing a doctor if I don't get better after today. I have been really sick since Sunday and perhaps this is turning into some bacterial infection...

I will try to swim today. There is a gorgeous outdoor pool and maybe the steam would help me with my lungs. -- If I have the strength I will leisurely swim for one hour. I need to start getting some exercise in, it has been weeks since I did something :mad:

Everyone have a fab day!!!!

Sum38 02-16-2013 10:38 AM

Jennifer Are you taking a holiday weekend with hubby? Sounds romantic :love:

LuvCats :woohoo: on turning down down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls!! That is some excellent willpower!

kelijpa What do you use for counting your steps?

newleaf123 I hope your Valentine's Day gain is behind you.

natamars You are just so awesome and dedicated! Inspiration for sure!!

curleycarr sssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but I am secrectly hoping to shed 8 pounds as well :D -- We can do it!

Where is Zumba??

:wave: to the ones I missed....

:dust:

curleycarr 02-16-2013 10:48 AM

Heah great job Jennifer...fantastic ... you are knocking on the door to those 180's...

Sum its horrible being sick isn't it.I think maybe go to the doctor if even for peace of mind. Try to take it easy and don't be hard on yourself.

luvcats... you are on a roll keep going!!

newleaf...happy saturday hope you are doing something lovely for yourself!

I had a rather big night out last night....so I need to be good as gold for the next few days!!!!No comfort eating!!! On the plus side though I've been exercising/ running to beat the band. So maybe it'll all balance up. Will do weigh in tomorrow.

Keep those Irish eyes smiling!!! :D :yes: :yes:

natamars 02-16-2013 12:32 PM

Friday: 1570 calories, no exercise.

Stuck @ home with a sick kid, but I should have done some strength training.

curley, you'll un-do any damage quickly with that attitude!

sum, that stinks that you're still not feeling well! Hope things turn around for you soon!!

jennifer, have a great w/e!

luv, sounds like a diet minefield over there!! great job resisting.

kelijpa, good to see you again! great goals!

curleycarr 02-17-2013 07:30 AM

Hi Colleens!

Well not so great news I'm up almost 2lbs........So head down I'm afraid and work it off. I know how it happened I went carb crazy over the last 3 days. It just shows me how quickly it puts the weigh up for me. I have to learn how to say no to second helpings.....

On the good side though, the exercising is really working for me. I have lost inches all over...just got measured on Friday. I bought a smaller pair of jeans yesterday...

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies, you have really helped me develop an attitude adjustment!!!!

natamars 02-17-2013 07:43 AM

Saturday: 1215 calories, 30 min elliptical.

Made it through a hockey game with nothing to eat or drink..the smell of fried food was tempting! Had hoped to be rewarded with a nice loss, but only down .2 for the challenge..why does it come on so easily and go away so slowly?

curley, I know you're running..do you go every day? Are you doing strength training also?

mboo 02-17-2013 10:11 AM

Just checking in...Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Sum38 02-17-2013 10:16 AM

I either looked at the scale wrong yesterday or I dropped 4 pounds over night... It is one of those doctor looking scales... Anycase this am it gave me a reading of 154.2... I wonder if the reading was 155.2 yesterday, and I just tricked my brain into thinking it was 158.2...

IF I dropped 4 pounds of airplane bloat overnight...I am giddy!

newleaf123 02-17-2013 10:40 AM

Will read everyone else later... Just dropping by to say I'm feeling back on track. I had a tetanus booster at the dr on Thursday and it really through me for a loop. Arm hurt terribly so no going to the gym. Then felt terrible Friday night into Saturday afternoon, like the flu was settling in. Today I feel great! Shoveled the driveway, which is always great exercise.

Updating my tickers to show the awful truth, primarily since I like the feeling of moving them down at every possible juncture.

Sum38 02-17-2013 10:46 AM

Heidi That shot just sucks! I got one a few years back and my arm was sore for a week. -- I am glad you are feeling better today!

newleaf123 02-17-2013 12:02 PM

Jennifer, Natamars, Guacamole, Sum38, LuvCats, 2FatCats, mboo, CurleyCarr, kelijpa Awesome goals. Let's nail this!

LuvCats lucky you that alcohol tastes gross! That definitely saves calories...

2FatCats how do you measure your lean body weight? Is that through a scale? I wish I had that number easily at hand, but I don't. I was measured last April and plan to measure again this April, though. That will be interesting, for sure!

Sum38 nice to be living the vacation lifestyle!! So an outdoor pool in the winter in Whistler? How does that work? Is it like a big sauna?? And, how are you feeling? Any better? And yeah, a little weird to miss your scale... but I totally understand! Although, given the magical powers of the scale in the hotel room, um... maybe you shouldn't be missing your scale after all! It should be feeling some pangs of jealosy and start treating you better!

mboo Welcome!

Jennifer I hope you are having a nice time in Pittsburgh this weekend. A little snowy and chilly, but at least it makes everything look pretty! Great job getting rid of the conference weight! Hopefully you resisted a Primanti Bros sandwich this weekend ;)

kelijpa Yosemite is so pretty... I haven't been there since 1987 with an old boyfriend... but I remember it was gorgeous! I'm envious of your trip. Maybe we'll have to do that as a family one day.

CurleyCarr Sounds like you had a great weekend! Now go work out!! I hear you on how quickly the weight seems to come piling back on. Frightening. You & me both!

Natamars down 0.2 is still worth celebrating... :hug:

Zumba Happy birthday; I hope your weekend away has been great!

Thanks for all the congrats on the 43 pounds! That's more than I got from the dr, who didn't even mention it. Too funny. I have a great relationship wiht him though, so whatever. Probably he didn't mention it because he never did when it was high either. Not his thing.

Here, attitude adjustment has recurred, now that I'm feeling better. Wearing my smallest pants that fit as a reminder of what this is all about. And I wore a t-shirt yesterday that was too tight when I bought it in August. Looks great now. Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs & a latte. Lunch: Homemade lentil soup and a spinach apple protein shake. Dinner: dunno yet. LOL

ETA: I've got a dinner plan. It's a summer meal in the dead of winter. Some wonderful marinated chicken kebabs (olive oil, white wine, thyme, garlic); spinach, basil, and strawberry salad, and tri-colored quinoa. Followed by a gummy-decorated cake that my DS made with just a tinch -- yes, there's that word again! -- of help from Mom. I wonder if it's a regional colloquialism.

Sweettay72 02-17-2013 12:32 PM

I just starting on my weight loss journey, so my goal is to get at lease 30 mins 0f exercise a day and start a food log

Jennifer1966 02-17-2013 12:59 PM

Just a quick check in from my phone, so excuse any typos! DH and I had a great weekend away. We ate and drank way too much, but I'm jumping right back on the wagon! We had a wonderful 4 course Valemtine's dinner last night, which, while definitely not on my weight loss plan, was totally worth it.

Newleaf: I avoided Pimanti's, but that's about all! We stayed at the William Penn and made ourselves too comfortable in their new Speakeasy!

CurleyCarr: congrats on the jeans! Inches are better than pounds!

I'll try to get back on later and read more posts. My phone is awful for message boards!

Trisha003 02-17-2013 01:49 PM

Just signed up to 3fc today. Desperately needing motivation. Going to push myself to work out at least 3x a week.

Jennifer1966 02-17-2013 02:08 PM

Welcome Mboo, Sweettay, and Trisha!! This is a great group for motivation!

2FatCats 02-17-2013 07:04 PM

Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.

newleaf123 02-17-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2FatCats (Post 4636543)
          Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.

Wow, I love this! I had never come across this before...

Depending on what my true height is, it calculates me as between 29.9 - 30.2% body fat. It will be really interesting to see how I measure out come April. The same person will be doing the testing as last time, which at least eliminates 1 variable. And my strength and fitness levels will be measured, too. Looking forward to it. Which is really interesting, since I dreaded it when I did it a year ago...

natamars 02-18-2013 07:02 AM

Sunday: 1330 calories, 5 mi on treadmill(4.25 of them jogging)

Scale is down a bit more. 130's are getting close. I agree that losing weight is mostly diet, but the running really seems to give me a boost.

trisha, welcome! These boards are great. Keep visiting and posting daily.

jennifer, glad you had a great w/e. Hop right back on the wagon..you'll be fine!

Sweettay, great goals! What kind of exercise are you doing? The food log is so important for me..as soon as I get away from it I start to gain...

newleaf, how awesome to look back and realze all you've accomplished in the last year. Amazing!

sum, how bizarre, but great!

mboo, hi! Hope you had a great w/e!

LuvCats 02-18-2013 10:31 AM

Welcome to those new to 3FC! I've been here nearly a month myself. This is a great place, especially the 40's area. :)

Keep it up ladies! I'm dreading going to Vegas... maybe about 10% of me, lol. Will try to listen to my body but I definitely will be eating way different (can you say dessert??) than I am now.

Time to get on the road back home in an hour or so. Have a great day everyone!

Sum38 02-18-2013 10:55 AM

Scale held the loss; 154 this am. I hope I am not going to get disappointed when I get home :(

Kids and hubby are heading out to ski and snowboard, I will be hitting the gym. I will do elliptical for 20-30 min, some weights and swim for 45 minutes.

My eating has been quite light, I am easing myself into eating proper meals after a week of mandatory fasting. Today was the first day I had a big breakfast.

We went out for sushi and it was yumm-o!! Just hubby and I. Kids ordered pizza and cruised around the resort a bit and checked out "the local talent" :D We are having a great vacation!

Sending :dust: to all!!

SW 158.2
          CW 154
          GW153.2