Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Default 40-Something chat in April!

P&P - I hope you do not get mad that I started an April chat. I can't believe it is April already, where does time go? My daughter has one month of college before she is done for the summer. Can't believe she is just about done with 2 years of college. Time goes too fast.

My weight is holding around 154.6 (lowest ever) and 156. I like the lower myself but my scale does not always agree. Sigh.
I exercise 5 times a week and have added in some DVD's 2 times a week that focus on my fat thighs. Did one of the works out this morning and it felt good. Last Thursday was not so good so I am glad I felt better about it this morning.
My daughter wants to do a bootcamp class with me while she is home this summer. I have completed 2 and really enjoyed them so I am looking forward to working out with her.

Peri-Last summer I really want to run. I took a class that was designed to help you design a running program (very similar to C25K program). Three weeks in and my knees were KILLING me. I ended up getting tendonitis in my knees, it was painful. Now I see all the runners out with the nice weather and I am envious but scared to try again. It is important to find an exercise YOU enjoy. I use my elliptical at least 3 times a week and love mine.

Happy Tuesday all.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Checking in. I can't believe it's already April and I've been at this for 3 months. 3 months and almost 30 pounds and 7% BF. I'm still sticking to my plan and it's still working so no need to mess with it at this point. Kind of a slow week last week, though I ran twice and lifted 3 days. Didn't seem to make a lot of progress, but I didn't gain either. This week I'm trying to stay focused on my eating and exercise.

And being a Kentucky fan, I just wan't to say Congrats to the 'Cats on a remarkable season.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I can't believe it's April already. April and I fell off the wagon around mid March. Well I was sick one week, then had a migraine the next now this week my belt on my treadmill is off center at the top. Hubby fixed it once, but now it's off at the bottom. So gotta wait on him to fix it again...who knows when that'll be. Meantime, I have lost a whopping 2 pds down from 175 to 173. I don't know how I lost anything, guess from not eating as much where I was sick. As soon as hubby fixes my treadmill again, I hope to get back on it. I've tried twice now to get on it only to find the belt slipped. Fate just isn't on my side right now. Meantime, I have taken the dog on a few short walks.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

NEMom - congrats on the loss and the exercise. You are in a groove!

andrew80k - you are doing great. Slow progress is still progress, and look how much you have achieved overall! Fantastic!

kandyrews - hope you are feeling better. It is great that you managed to lose weight even with your illness and treadmill problems.

I am stuck at 159lbs, but I remember in January/February I was stuck at 169lbs - so, I'd rather be here at 159! Hope to get the scale moving again, but I'll be grateful just to maintain over the next few weeks of family gatherings and big family meals. Staying strong today.

Good luck, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #5  

NEMom 216 to 154 wow great job! and guacamole 159 pounds down from 212 that is awesome! And andrew80k 253 down to 183 that's so great! I hope to one day be as successful at losing weight as all of ya'll. If I could just lose 40 pounds, I'd be happy. Heck losing anything at this point makes me happy.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

NE, Heavens, no, I'm not mad! glad you started a new thread!

I'm trying to figure out a new plan. Obviously what I'm doing isn't working to lose, just maintain. I'm tried of trying so hard without result and losing/gaining the same few lbs.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

I have a back injury this week that is keeping me from running. I'm a bit frustrated. Trying to stay on plan with eating.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Have you every just had moments when a light bulb clicks in your head and you think "Maybe that is why . . (insert whatever)'. Once I reached my initial goal, I did not change my eating plan but I did add in strength exercise and protein to try and build muscle. For the most part, my weight loss has stalled and I finally figured out that maybe what people say is true, muscle weighs more than fat which is my my clothing size has gone down but the scale has not followed. I can tell that I am building muscle. When I flex my legs, I can see and feel the muscles in my calves and thighs, its kinda cool. Don't know why the light bulb finally went on but I am feeling more successful and better about things now.

Andrew-Hang in there, you have lost almost 30lbs in three months and your body fat is down 7%, that is HUGE. You are doing GREAT!

guacamole-You have had an amazing loss. Slow and steady wins the race. I am not huge on blogging and actually hope no one reads mine on this site however, blogging on this site throughout my weight loss helped me because I could go back and see how much progress I have made.

P&P-I am sorry you are not happy with your plan. I hope you find one that works better for you. Keep up with your exercise and don't give up! You can do it!

Kandy-Congrats on your 2lb loss! I would be dancing in the streets if I had a 2lb loss. You can absolutely do this. You ARE doing it! It took me over 10 months to lose my weight and it could be very frustrating that it took so long. But I am so glad I stayed committed and you will be too!

defenestrator
-Ouch! I hope your back heals soon.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #9  
Donna

Sorry, I keep popping in then disappearing for weeks. Not much to report the last two weeks have been pretty sad, for some reason I was blue last week and slipped back into my old ways, this week the big bad PMS hit (could explain last week too) and I haven't been doing as well as I could be. I really need to develop a plan to get thru the day, I've gotten better at planning dinners but if I don't eat well during the day I don't stick to the plan....I also need to get back to the exercise/gym.

Andrew - wow 30lbs on 3 months I'm impressed.

NEMom - Yea on the smaller size/better fitting clothes. And I'm sorry this is just a pet peeve of mine: muscle does not weigh more than fat! A pound is a pound is a pound. It does however take up less space for the same weight, hence the better fitting clothes (sorry it's the engineer in me). I'm enjoying the blogging too. Although the last two weeks have been sparse go figure...

Defenstrator - hope your backs on the mend.

Patch - I know what you mean, good luck on that new plan.

Guacamole - slow and steady wins the race (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself).

Well I should get moving, eat lunch and get the house cleaned, we're hosting family for Easter.

Have a great day everyone.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hi All,
Ok I figure I have to jump back in some time
started new diet and exercise plan in Feb. down 28 pounds
I want to keep losing while I am getting stronger
any diet secrets?
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi all! I love reading about the successes, they make me realize this is doable. Thank you to all for sharing.

I'm staying on plan and getting my exercise in. I will hopefully be starting a new job soon, which will help. If I'm busy I have less time to think about food!

I'm off to walk my dog and then get the house cleaned up!
Finny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #12  

Well I've been eating better again, still not great, but much better and I'm back on the treadmill for 35 minutes a day 5 days a week. I just started again last week, but somehow lost 1 more pound...I'll take it. 1 pd is 1 pd. So that's 3 pds total in the last 2 weeks. Now down from 180 to 172. It's a start.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Hope you all had a nice Easter. I ate too much of course but limited it to one serving of dessert. This is progress for me as in the past I would have eat dessert all night long.
Went to my doctor for the first time since I have lost the majority of my weight. She walks in and says "Do you know you lost over 50lbs in a year??" I am grinning from ear to ear, and said really its 60lb since I started. I showed her my muscles and she was so proud of me. It was a nice appt for a change.

Finny32-Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

Kandy-Glad your hubby got your treadmill working. Congrats on the loss. All pounds lost add up. Keep going. You CAN DO IT!
TechAlbum- Sorry you have had a rough couple of weeks. Keep pushing on the best you can, it will pay off in the long run.

tigga- Welcome to the forum. No secrets. I counted calories and added in exercise and drank lots of water. My weight loss was not fast but it has been the best thing I have done for myself. You can do it Girl!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

I was finally able to lower my ticker today by a couple of pounds. The scale has constantly stayed around 153 for a week. It has been so long since I have changed it that I almost forgot how.
I work out in the mornings, 5 days a week and I slept through my alarm today. Not the, I don't want to get up and roll over but I do not even remember hearing it go off so obviously did not get my work out in this morning. It really throws my whole day off, I know one day is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but I still feel really guilty about it. If it warms up, I am gonna try for a walk this afternoon to get some kind of exercise in.
I am hoping all of you are having a wonderful week! Happy hump day all!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #15  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sorry to have waddled off. Among other things I did 45min weights today.

Today after Bible study one of my friend took me and another lady who both have birthdays this month out to lunch; we had both made handmade gifts for her new twin grandsons earlier in the year, and this was her thank you.

Hubby has taken Fri - Mon off this week and his 'off days' will change to Sun Mon. We are hoping to get some projects done around the house. Sat my parents are coming over for dinner.

NE, Yay, on the loss!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote