Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #16  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Feeling pretty demoralized today. Gained 2 pounds overnight due to TOM, putting me right back over the 140 mark. Then, I struggled with hunger pangs most of the day, and had to really force myself to exercise this evening. As soon as I was done, I couldnt resist eating a granola bar (even though I had eaten dinner less than 2 hours before) and I'm now fighting against eating even more. I feel like I've been "about" 140 pounds for forever, and the idea of ever getting down to goal - let alone staying there - seems nearly impossible.

Working on positive thinking. Tomorrow will be better ...
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #17  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome neurodoc! Hang in there, it's a slow and ongoing process. A granola bar isn't the end of the world : )

Dee: vent away, that's what the forum is here for!

Annie: crossing my fingers for you, what a great opportunity : )

Ange: head this way, I need major help with decorating!

MC: good attitude! enjoy the friendship but don't let it keep you from finding Mr Right. I'm right there in the boat with you : )

Keeping up with my workout plans for the month, trying to keep on plan with the food as well. Weight not budging, as usual : ( I am encouraged however, because my young friend who has me working out with her at lunch time was in my training class almost 3 years ago and has gained 40lbs. Another girl from training has gained 60. So I didn't get sucked into the weight gain caused by working a sedentary job, just makes it hard to lose the extra I had. Hope everyone has a great friday!

Kathi
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #18  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Dead tired & still have to finish cleaning the kitchen. So just dropping by to say hi & will catch up with everyone later. Happy to report I still haven't had any cigarettes & so far haven't killed anyone, thought about it, really considered it & even planned out what I was going to do to him. I resisted, but I do believe he knows to leave me alone for a while.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. This was a really long four day week! Just a little over a week until I go on my cruise.

Good exercise yesterday, and ate well--until dinner and then I fell off the wagon. It was a really hard day yesterday. I hope today is easier, and I plan to skip my treat to day (on the grounds that yesterday will count as my treat for the week). Another weekend, and another opportunity to overeat. I need to really be careful tomorrow at my folks' place--I don't want to make it a habit to overeat on weekends this summer.

Ange--I'd forgotten that quote. I should post it on my mirror to remind myself that every day brings a new challenge.

Annie--congrats on the house buying. I hope it all goes smoothly. If you can, get a copy of your paperwork to take home so you can read it all in peace before you sign. I had to read it in an office, with an impatient person checking on me every few minutes to see what the hold up was. They aren't used to people reading every piece of paper in a two inch stack. (I suspect some people don't read everything even if there are only a few pages. )

neurodoc--welcome. Maybe this forum will give you the impetus you need to get the scale moving again.

Kathi -- I, too, have a sedentary job, and I feel like my second job is just to keep in shape and manage my weight.

Dee -- congrats on not killing anyone. Keep it up!

That's it for today. Off to exercise, then back to the grindstone. Hopefully it won't grind me up quite so thoroughly today.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Again I am in a rush and don't have time for personals today. I will say this....Neurodoc, I don't even get near the scale when TOM is here! Don't do it anymore! Wait until it's over and then weigh. You don't need the drama!!

Okay, tell me how this happened: I weighed yesterday and was 159.5. I weighed this morning and was 156.5!!!! I even weighed 4 times total just to convince myself those numbers were real! I'm going with it for now, but not going to get upset if it doesn't stick. I'm very thankful!!

Love to all......still working on a deal on the house. I did get pre-approved at two mortgage providers. That's a plus!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #21  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats Annie on the drop in weight. And I hope your home buying process goes smoothly. I look forward to hearing your tales. I tried to buy a house in the Fall and it was a complete flop, but that's okay, I learned a lot.

Dee- Congrats on not smoking. I absolutely have to quit again, but haven't been successful. But I'm going to try again soon.

Kitteh - I feel your pain with the eating. I'm struggling myself.

Kathi- Thanks for the support on my dating travails.

Last night, I had a first date with this guy who was great in lots of ways, but I wasn't into him. On my way home, the guy I have been seeing texted and we ended up meeting at a bar (We live close to each other so impromptu meetings are easy). He had a bad first date that night as well. I don't know why he told me, but he blurted it out. We had a nice night together and I met some of his friends, who were really nice to me. I know this guy is not the "one," but I have to admit it, I am crazy about him.

I'm going to relax and enjoy this man's company for as long as it lasts.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #22  
Next mini-goal 184

Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent.

Today is nice & quiet today at work, like it is suppose to be, much better. I think everyone is safe today, haven't had to urge to hunt anyone down & hurt them. I am hoping that it isn't just because I am at the office by myself, I really hope the feeling lasts because we are going out tonight with friends.

Annie - I am excited for you about the house! Hope it all goes smoothly. And 156.5 is awesome!

Ange - Glad you posted that quote, good one.

Caroline - Sounds like you had a good time last night, glad you got to meet some of his friends & it worked out well. Just for the record - I always hated dating, I always just wanted to say "can the right person just step forward so I don't have to deal with the duds". I always enjoyed hanging out with guys, guy friends & groups of friends, but when you throw the dating word in there it just always seemed to mess things up.

Neurodoc - Welcome, hope today is going better for you.

Kathi - I know you have to be pleased that you didn't get sucked into the weight gain like the others.

KittehMomma - Hope you don't get ground up so thoroughly today either.

Do you guys have a harder time sticking to plan when you are at work during the week or when you are off on the weekend? I get the impression that is harder for most people on the weekends. I am the opposite, I get bored at work, too busy at work, end up dealing with stupid stuff at work & it is just hard sometimes to plan accordingly. The weekends are mine, family time, fun time, time on the boat, water skiing, etc. I could probably go all weekend without even caring about food because I am enjoying my time, very active & sometimes have even forgot to eat period.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #23  

Didn't get the house. They sold to someone else.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #24  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the advice Annie. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but sometimes I just forget not to, until it's too late. As for an overnight 3 pound drop - that's awesome. Sorry about the house, but now that you're pre-approved, the bid on the next one should go smoothly (and the next one is apt to be even better than this one was).

Today was definitely better. Waay less drama, just another normal day for me. And yes, the 2 pounds I'd gained yesterday were gone again this morning. D*mn water retention strikes again.

Thanks for the welcomes. I've been posting on the 40something board for a few weeks, but not in this thread until yesterday. It feels really good to be here.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #25  
Next mini-goal 184

Annie - sorry about the house. That's kind of a bummer.

Neurodoc - Glad your 2 pounds are gone.

Husband is being a butt about me watching tv in the other room because he is tired, I don't get it, I go in the other room so he can sleep without the tv being on, then he gripes because I am not in the same room, but he gripes if I watch tv when he is tired, so I turned off all the lights in the house & the tv. I am sitting in a very dark quiet house using my laptop & guess what I can still hear him griping from the other room. Men!!!! Trying desperately not to let him hear me laughing at him.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #26  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Back-to-back spin classes for me this morning and i've got achy legs now, so a bit of stretching in store soon. My garmin says i burned 605 calories, so that should allow me to have a couple of wines in the pub before heading to the football ground to watch tonights match!

Shame about the house Annie, but maybe you'll get some great new neighbours and it'll work out for the best.

Neurodoc - you've been hanging around the 40s board but not this thread?? It's a good job you've found us then - this is where it all happens...(!?!)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. It's been hot here, and I'm not used to it since it only gets really hot a limited number of days. Heh--by really hot I mean over 90. Heck, over 80 is hot for me. Anyway, not sleeping well, so I'm feeling a bit out of sorts.

I'm in a bit of a slump, diet-wise. I'll have to see how I do this weekend, but in a week, I am taking a cruise, and I know I will be eating too much then. I guess I just need to do what I can and forgive myself for the rest--then get back into my routine when I'm on the other side of my vacation.

Annie--sorry about the house. I hope you find another great house to offer on soon. Congrats on the sudden drop. Sounds like water weight.

Dee--I find weekends harder because I don't have my day scheduled.

neurodoc--I weigh every day--I like to spot trends as they develop--but I have a friend who only weighs once a week, sometimes not even that often. To each their own. Find what works best for you, and don't worry about what other people are doing.

I should go get some exercise in before the day heats up, but after sleeping poorly, I'm not feeling like a bundle of energy this morning. I know, though, that starting is half the battle, so I'm going to see if I can get myself started.

Have a great weekend, all.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #28  

Hi everyone!

Neurodoc-Glad you are here with us!

Thanks for all the comments about the house, I know there is a reason I didn't get it, I just can't see it right now. Someone came in with cash and didn't need a home inspection. Who has that kind of money laying around? It was a "for sale by owner" deal, so they didn't have to follow the normal rules on offers, etc. I take these kind of things personally and get very upset. I'll recover. I wasn't looking for a house. The older couple who lived there both died within a month of each other and it just went up for sale literally overnight and it was going to go fast. I had hoped they might work with me since I have been a neighbor for so long, but the family just wanted their money. It was a perfect deal. I'll keep my eyes open for any other possibilities.

Something is wrong with my keyboard (the above took me about 10 min. to type), so I am going to stop for now. You all are so inspiring to me! I'm at fiance's and will be doing lots of cooking. Will check in later.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 07-10-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #29  
kathi

Just had to share this joke I got via email with you ladies:

I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything
but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #30  
kathi

So yesterday I completely fell of the wagon on the food....ate nothing but junk all day, lots of sugar. Not a ton of food but all the wrong stuff...I can't say why because it made me feel like crap - gave me a headache and I had to take a 2-hour nap. My glucose levels were up and down like a yo-yo. Made myself get on the scale this morning expecting the worst, and it said I lost 3lbs between yesterday and today! What's up with that?! Some of it may be do to the fact our heat and humidity is back up, 105-110 with the heat index and I was out in it for several hours going to the farmers market. So I was chugging water and sweating like crazy all day....but it's the craziest thing I've ever seen! I'm sure the scale at the gym will tell another story tomorrow : ( I've behaved much better today and I'm cooking up some fresh veggies etc to get me back on track for the week ahead. I just finished off leftovers from a zucchini and spinach casserole I cooked the other night and plan to make another. Got a fruit crisp planned as well. If I'm going to indulge my sweet tooth I need to be healthy about it. (and I got some awesome peaches and blueberries!) I was disappointed that they were out of my local chicken. Hate going back to storebought! But I made it early enough to snag a dozen fresh eggs and my raw milk. All I need is some of my favorite greek yogurt and I should be able to stay out of trouble for a few days : )

I hope everyone had a great weekend!