Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #16  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

the rainbow forming pics:

Marie- all those eyes would have FREAKED me out...so glad it ended up being deer!

Kim- glad your feet feel better

Annie- hope you and Leslie kept your 6am date you made yesterday - it's not my thing (elliptical)..i could do it, but always felt like a struggle - not sure why...loved lifting weights though

Petra- hope the tests for Kobe turn out okay

Heidi- hoping it's water weight...usually a quick up or down usually readjusts itself

Natalie- you put up a pic while I was gone! YEAH! Nice to see you -- shhh, i have a build a bear (I made a Paul Bunny (my husband) it's a bunny wearing jeans and glasses)..hahahah
---

Having to adjust my mind this week...it apparently still believes i'm on vacation and that I can indulge...yeah, so weaning myself back onto my regular stuff...and got stuff for a nice stir fry tonight...just a pattern i need to get back into! STUCK in vacation mode for now
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #17  
Deb

Annie, we must have posted at the same time, glad you got your WATP in! good job
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #18  
Deb

ha..just looking at the pics...same place, one pic taken after the other - look at the difference in lighting..same camera, seconds apart...LOL nice
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #19  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Annie ~ The typo fits this week perfectly...it's going to be really LONG! It feels like Thursday already and it's only Tuesday!
Congratulations on the new pants and size! It's a great feeling isn't it?
I'm glad to hear that Tootsie is improving too...hopefully she can get rid of that collar for good soon!

lambchop ~ Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good time!

PeanutsMom ~ Feel better soon!

Marie ~ I won't walk after dark here because of the critters. There's been a big bear hanging around and I sure don't want to meet up with him! I'm too out of shape to run very far or fast...just the kind of meal he might be looking for! I'm happy for the time change, so I can start walking in the evenings again.

Wizzie ~ Do you have a link for the heel seats? I'd like to give them a try.

petra ~ I hope all turns out ok with Kobe.

newleaf ~ That gain had to be water weight...maybe there was a lot of salt in the Mexican dinner?

Manatee ~ Sounds like the party was a lot of fun for the kids!

Sorry for being MIA this past week. I haven't had a free minute. We've been spending as much time at the nursing home as possible to try and help the nurses. Hazel looks like a Jeopardy contestant with the nurse call button. She's downright miserable. The good thing is that (even with all the stress) I haven't had time to graze all day like I normally do and I'm down 2 pounds this week.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #20  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Beautiful day here! I charged up my GoWear Fit armband and wore it yesterday afternoon and last night. So much fun! But I do wish it wasn't so bulky looking. I'll report more on it later, but it's so smart. I whizzed by the gym yesterday for a quick half hour on the elliptical and the GWF reported 29 minutes of vigorous exercise. The bad thing I've discovered (which wasn't exactly a surprise) is that I don't get enough sleep...last night was a great night for me and I got a little under six and a half hours. Hmmm...anyway, going back to the gym today and going on a walk/run with the cocker spaniel. No time for reading or personals but I'll do it tonight.

Liz
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Grrrrrr! The person that is managing the Biggest Loser contest at work had not posted yesterday's results, so I asked her about it. She groaned and said, "It's hardly worth posting, only two people lost weight."..... Well, she finally posted it and me and the girl who is in first place both lost, but I lost more! Not sure if I am in the lead or not, as she is smaller than me and the results are based on percentage, not total pounds lost. I was just a little annoyed that they thought it wasn't worth posting.

I passed up baklava today!:D

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 03-16-2010 at 11:27 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #22  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies, I've been lurking the last few days, not much news to report. Spring break started Friday, head cold on Saturday, vertigo on Sunday. Yuck! I'm down another pound but still need to lose 2 before I can move my ticker again. I know what I need to do, I'm just the queen of procrastinating lately.

Red hook mom, glad the the gowearfit is working for you!

Annie, I'd be mad too! You are working so hard! Way to go!

Suzy, Congrats on keeping the stress eating at bay ad losing 2! Hope Hazel settles in soon!

Lambchop, Great pics. Welcome back!

Heidi, Sorry your scale was so mean! You are so close to the 150's!

Marie, Your picture is fabulous. How are your arms healing?

Az, we have a nice assortment of Build a bear stuff at our house! LOL. I know it is easy to get carried away! Glad the party went well!

Petra, Thinking of you and Kobe. Our dog seemed to be a big drinker but everything checked out fine. Hoping you have the same outcome.

I know I have missed some of you and I'm sorry, I only went back thru this weeks post. Hope everyone has a great day. Keep up the good work you are all an inspiration!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #23  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Annie, I’ve read that the less expensive ellipticals aren’t smooth and nothing like at a gym. Maybe you should do a day trial at a gym and try one there. That would give you your answer. Also for your weigh in, go totally sodium free this weekend and loads of water. Don’t eat high fiber that your body can attach water to. No food or drink on Monday before the weigh in. Yes, I am the queen of manipulating weigh ins (the reason I can’t weigh once a week – I must do it daily or I’ll play my little tricks). You’d mentioned the prize was $100 so it’s worth playing the tricks.

Newleaf, I’m glad the scale is starting to cooperate. And why are you getting on it so much??? I can’t weigh during the day – I know that if I drink 16 oz of water, the scale will irritate me. So I’m a once a day weigher. That is once I get my scale back and all the edema is gone.

Deb, THANKS SO MUCH for posting the pictures. How could life be better than a rainbow and beach??? BTW, I HATE lifting weights. Yesterday I gave myself a scolding that I had to get on board with that. So are you still running?

Suzy, I know it’s not funny about the nurses’ call button but I have an image of an Estelle Getty (Golden Girls) type of lady sitting in a mammoth bed with your jeopardy clicker. BTW, I walk with four huskies, critters leave me alone. And today I was actively scanning the countryside with me headlamp looking for the deer. They were everywhere. It’s pretty cool. And congrats on the 2 pounds. We all take those losses anyway we can get them.

Liz, enjoy your walk/run with your pup!

OMW, I hope you are feeling better. It’s just not right to be sick on spring break! My arms are healing great now as is my stomach. The chin/neck aren’t as successful and I’m unsure what to do about that at the moment but overall things are great.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone -

I'm still sick, feel even worse today, I think - now I'm congested AND have a chest cold. yuck. I'm at work again though, because I had some important meetings this morning I couldn't really miss so now I'm here, I may as well stay, I guess. I already have to leave early on Thursday for an appt for my son, and I hate to push the envelope too much.

hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

Last edited by PeanutsMom704; 03-16-2010 at 01:46 PM.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

PeanutsMom-I'm sorry you are still feeling badly! And I can sure identify with you on having to stay because of your later commitment with your son. Sometimes it's so hard to balance things like that. Take care of yourself.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

This week started out with worrisome news. A friend of mine disappeared last week. She was last seen at about 1:30 am Tuesday and hasn't been seen since. She left her purse and cell phone, but took her wallet and her car. She hasn't used her bank account or credit cards. They found the car yesterday at a local restaurant. No one can recall how long it has been parked there. She is without her prescriptions and they haven't been refilled. No signs in the car of her whereabouts. Her family and friends are just hoping she's safe.

Last edited by lolajean624; 03-16-2010 at 02:09 PM.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, everyone. Just a quick note.

I keep forgetting to switch over to the new thread. Oh, well, my excuse for yesterday is that I'm still recuperating--my brains cells are slowly coming back online after a couple days of low fever.

Weight is up, but I suspect I know the reasons, so not beating myself up about it.

I hope everyone is having a good week.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #28  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Marie - it was just the one extra weigh, at bedtime. Which, actually, I do frequently weight at bedtime, too -- just to have a little insight into what the scale may hold the next day. Nah, I'm not obsessed...

LolaJean - I'm so sorry about your friend! I hope she shows herself soon and is safe... how frightening!

It's a glorious day in the 50s so I went for a 4.5mi walk outside. Nice and hilly. AND, I had an NSV -- I wore the pants I used for my hiking trek in Peru in 2007 and they fit again -- yay!

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-16-2010 at 03:29 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #29  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Newleaf, very cool on wearing "new" old pants. There is something so cool about wearing outgrown clothes. It's even better than going shopping for new ones.

Peanuts, I hope you feel better.

Lola, I hope your friend is found soon and that she's safe.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #30  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Marie ~ That's a pretty accurate image! Aunt Hazel looks quite similar to the Golden Girl's Estelle Getty and she's just as feisty!

lolajean ~ I do hope your friend is safe and that she is found soon. What a worry!

KittehMomma and PeanutsMom ~ I hope you are both feeling better soon!

Who was it that had pink eye not long ago? My 7 year old granddaughter came home from school with a good case of it. I called my DIL and she said she had med at home for it, so she'll get her started with it tonight. I sure hope it doesn't make its rounds through the whole family!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote