Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Default back to back

Well, sad to say that I have been off and on these boards for (gasp!) five years. Never religiously, though, and perhaps that was a big part of the problem for me. I'd lose some weight then get complacent and gain it back....I'm sure its a pattern familiar to everyone here.

Anyhow - I am commited to being healthy and to helping my children learn healthy eating and excercising habits. I don't want them on the yo-yo as adults as I have been - and my mother, and my grandmother and on and on and on.

So! Happy to be here, and I am excited for the change that is in store for all of us.
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #2  

When I see the words "back to back" I think about cruising.

Welcome back!
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #3  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

glad to have you here..looking forward to seeing more of you, and yet "less" of you!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I agree; it is so important to teach our children to have a healthy relationship with food... How old are your kids? I have 2 boys, 8 and 10. So far, they don't seem to have any food issues and are naturally slim, but I think it's different for boys. I remember as a girl, and also in talking with friends with daughters, that girls develop their food relationships at a young age.

Welcome (back!)!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I am so happy to see a mother that is not only concerned with her own health, but that of her family! My sister-in-law just recently obtained the Lap Band and is still feeding her children junk. Her oldest has her Sweet 15 in a few months and she will be fat as her mother is on her way to thin.

We don't eat terribly as I always make sure of a balance meal heavy on the veggies. However, as of late I have been too heavy-handed with the olive oil and butter and I have been sedentary far too long. So, like you I am revamping my family's eating for family-wide health. What they learn at home they will take into the world!

Happy to share the board with you! Peace!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi, archychick, welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archychick View Post
...I always make sure of a balance meal heavy on the veggies.
Kudos on your veg-heavy meals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archychick View Post
...I am revamping my family's eating for family-wide health. What they learn at home they will take into the world!
Too true. Tell me about it.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #7  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Losing80, I've decided to go back to being a pescetarian (veggie, but with dairy/egg/fish tendencies). Better for my system and I also found that I planned my meals around the veggies which naturally balanced out the protein and carbs (keeping in mind high-carb veggies). I will be rarely eating meat, but my son is a ballet dancer and my husband has a very physical job, so I will be throwing in some, cooked healthfully for them. The younger son (10) will go either way, but there is always the option of opting out of the meat at every meal w/out forgoing protein. All this mixed with better portion control.

My kids have always loved vegetables as much as my husband and I do. I think it is because we always fed them veggies and I have always made them a major part of our meals (that I plan weekly). Also, I made it my business to know how to cook them correctly. My mother didn't know how and I am rediscovering veggies that I used to hate (Brussels sprouts) that have become my best friends. I think that this is a major factor for veg 'haters', like my mother (who I am converting). There are thousands of varieties of them, how could anyone hate ALL veggies? lol
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote