Old 12-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/149.8/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi girls...I'm new to 3FC...

Just found the 40's...I figured this was the thread to follow.

Anyway, how do I get one of those tickers with my (soon-to-be) weight loss?

I just renewed my vows to myself...went back to a trainer, nutritionist and trying to bring myself back to well-being. I am on a low glycemic plan, the only exception being wine! I will try to do weights 2x a week and cardio 5x a week. I am hoping I can do it. I do not yet know how much I weigh...when I went to the nutritionist I closed my eyes on the scale and told him for next time to just tell me the number of pounds lost.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #17  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chubster, welcome! You have to post a certain number of times before you can get a ticker. I don't remember how many posts it takes...Hope you have a great holiday!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #18  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Chubster! I think it's a combination of being a member for a certain period of time (3 weeks??) along with having posted a certain number of times.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #19  

Thanks for the info! Hopefully, by the time I earn my ticker I'll have some pounds lost to register. I may even be brave enough to learn my starting weight.

I am already feeling so inspired by all of your postings. Thank you for the Christmas gift! Like I said in an earlier post (before I found this thread), I look forward to paying it forward!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #20  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

I'm still here just been crazy busy. I'm doing OK during this holiday season but not perfect. I'm maintaining in that 150 range, seems to be a weight that my body is comfortable with.

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Merry Christmas everyone! Welcome Clubster. Once you are able to get a ticker, you go under user CP where it says edit signature and it will give you directions on how to make a ticker. I'm sure you will do great. This is a great group. Post often. There are two forums for low glycemic food plans-the south beach forum and the sugar busters group. You may find using one of those to also be helpful.

I'm in NJ. Cold here. Staying on plan is going to be challenging but so far so good. Everyone knows I am trying and have already lost. First thing my sister said when I walked in the door was "you lost weight!" But there is all kinds of chocolate, cookies, etc floating around the house which is tough for a sugar addict. Sort of like an alcoholic being in a bar.

My nieces have already ripped through their gifts this morning. Waiting for the rest of the family to arrive this afternoon. My brother and sister-in-law are trying to adopt a baby boy from the foster care system and they are planning to bring him today. It will be the first time we have all gotten to see him. I got him some clothes for Christmas but that should be fun-having another baby in the house.

Have a good holiday everyone for those who celebrate it.

Lamb-enjoy your brownie.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #22  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays! DD had us up a little after 7, we've opened gifts, had a nice breakfast and are just enjoying the day. We have a little snow coming down. Life is good!

I'm not thinking about calories or any of that stuff right now. I've learned over the past year to make better choices and that's what just seems to come naturally these days.

Thank you all for being there this year! You all are very special to me!

Welcome chubster, good to see you again cruise, have a great trip petra, lambchop, glad you are feeling better, colds are the pits! Marie, enjoy the time with your DGS! Have fun skiing too! Newleaf, glad your mind won out at Walmart! I can just see you at the check out talking to yourself! LOL
WLW, I think you are working today, so hope you only have good calls today! ICU, Premaggie, hydra, Merry Christmas to you too!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Enjoy the day!

Last edited by Onmyway; 12-25-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #23  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday to all! Work wasn't too bad much to my surprise. My ride bailed and I had to take a cab, and now apparently dinner is a wash as well - good for me calorie wise : ) Not letting anybody steal my joy today!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #24  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating. To those that aren't, I hope you're having a fantastic Friday! DGS is here and had a ball opening presents. DD, DH and I had a blast skiing yesterday. I didn't wear my helmet because DD is just relearning. When she was exhausted, DH and I played on the big hills. Afterwards I thanked the heavens that lightening didn't strike me down as I'd made a vow to those heavens to never ski, bike or rollerblade again without a helmet. On the easy hills, that was ok. At the speeds I played with yesterday, it wass naughty. But Santa still brought me gifts. YEAH!!!

Petra is so right - my house is also currently like an alcoholic in a bar... C'st la vie.

Merry Christmas and everyone be safe!!! I love you all.
Marie

PS Welcome chubster. You found a great group. The best chickies in the world!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #25  

Good morning everyone. Looks like we all survived Christmas. I tried estimating what I ate yesterdady in my journal and it actually wasn't too bad. I skipped dessert of course-actually I had a couple clementines.

My brother-in-law is one of 8 kids and they are celebrating with his family tonight. I am with my sister and brother-in-law and nieces at their beach house in Brigantine for the weekend. I drove my rental car down so I am free to do whatever. There is an outlet mall down here.......... I think I know what I might be doing but I have to be careful. Don't want too much extra stuff to pack for the trip home.

Marie-sounds like you had a great ski trip, but wear your helmet! I have an ATV. I have a full face helmet I wear when I ride. I look like darth vader but my brain is too valuable. I have flipped my ATV once and it happened so fast I would have not had time to put a helmet on. I'm glad I had it on. Saved me from being seriously injured.

WLW-good attitude about working on Christmas. I worked Christmas last year and just decided to make the best of it too.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #26  

I forgot to mention I got The Omnivore's Dilemma for Christmas and read the introduction last night. I think it is going to be a very good book. I think it is also going to reinforce my decision to eat to eat goats and rabbits, LOL
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #27  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chubster, and welcome - what part of NJ are you in? I'm over in Hunterdon! (waving)

CAT - so glad you checked in The holidays are crazy, busy for so many people...just relax, enjoy yourself and we'll see you on your return!

Petra- stay strong! You can do this...!!! I allowed myself 1/2 piece of cheesecake, then I was done. I'm saving the browie for New Year's instead...enjoy your time with your family

WLW - glad work wasn't too bad, and good for you - for keeping a positive attitude

Marie- glad you got to ski, but put that helmet on! Glad you had fun with your family
--
Yesterday I found myself struggling with thoughts of wanting to binge...it's the first time i've had feelings like that in awhile...it came from the quiet of the house, and well...not really sure. Anyway, the feeling passed when my DH got home (he was at his brother's house very early until about 4pm) - I had DS here with me, but he was absorbed in video games and what not all day...our big celebration is on CHristmas Eve - so that was lovely...

I have to figure out if the binge was from having 1/2 piece of cheesecake the night before and sugar triggered it...or was it loneliness - and emotion - which i think it was, because when DH got home - it was easier. Hoping it wasn't the sugar, but i'll see after i have my brownie on New Year's...and if it triggers it again the next day - i know to stay away from dessert. Like Petra, I have food issues, sugar, etc, and have been obsessive with food over the years - though half is emotion, half is physical body reaction.

Last edited by lambchop; 12-26-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: sp
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #28  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone! Merry, belated, Christmas!! I'm glad to read that you all had wonderful days... I don't know if I ever elaborated on my strange family arrangement, but even though my MIL is Jewish and brought up her sons Jewish, her sisters (ie, DH's aunts) are all Christian. They all had the same mother but 2 different fathers. The mother was Christian (I think??), the first father was Christian, then there was a divorce (unheard of back in the 30s!), and the 2nd father was Jewish. So... MIL is the youngest and was raised Jewish, while all the older kids were raised Christian. Anyway... that explains why, even though we are Jewish, there is still a big family Christmas celebration. So we had a big Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch, and now we're done. DH, my BIL, and my two DS' have all gone to North Carolina for the Pitt football game today, and I'm home alone for 2 days and can undo all my eating wrongs...

My weight is up, but I plan to get that under control through calorie counting and exercise. Although I have had visions of candy binges dancing in my head for a few days, I am fighting them off. I don't plan on giving in. I have an eBay auction finishing up in 20 min (I like to place last-minute bids) and then I'm going to go exercise...

Catch you later... -- Heidi
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #29  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

Newleaf - your family arrangements sound complicated, but I'm glad you came up with a plan that works.

lambchop - interesting thoughts on wanting to binge. I'm still trying to figure out my own triggers and I think it has to do with feeling really emotional and trying to calm myself. I'm quite sensitive to the emotions of others around and I tend to almost absorb their emotions. Then, when I want to decompress later, I find myself feeling aimless, bored and wanting to binge. I'm still working on how to avoid binges, though.

Petra - hope you're having a good trip!

Marie - be safe, too!

wlw - sorry you had to work on Christmas, but it sounds like you made the bet of it.

onmyway - good work on making better choices. Good habits do pay off!

chubster - welcome!

I haven't been around much due to having some kind of flu (no fever, so probably not H1N1) a couple of weeks ago and then an insanely busy week at work this week. Glad that's over. We're lucky to have nice, sunny weather this week and I'm really enjoying that. I'm up a pound, but that's not too bad, especially compared to last year when I gained 7 pounds in December.

Hope you all have some time to relax with family and friends.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #30  

Hi All, it seems I really did find the right group. Thanks for all the welcoming words.

Lamb, I am in Essex county, where it is simply miserable today!

I also am a victim to emotional bingeing, and I can find any excuse to succumb to it. Loneliness is a huge thing...2 out of 3 kids are out of the house, husband works all day and I work at home. Also, at this age, my true friends are dwindling! So I spend a lot of time by myself. Not a great thing for my mind or my body. Also, I do not make the effort to exercise as much as I should. I used to be very good with that, but I have fallen off the wagon!

I have just started this low glycemic plan, and so far so good. It should help with sugar/carb cravings, especially since I am supposed to eat every 2 to 4 hours. If any of you want the basic plan, let me know...I'm happy to share.

Have a wonderful day!!