Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #1  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Default December Week 2 Chat

Good Monday morning chicks! I was surprised to see we hadn't started a new thread so I thought I would kick it off. I'm doing better staying op during the day but am falling off the wagon at dinner time. Especially the nights I get off/home late. Hoping to do a bunch of precooking on my "weekend" so I have stuff ready in advance. That seems to work best for me. I hope everyone has a great week!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #2  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for starting us off WLW! Hope pre-planning works for you and helps you stay in control! Seems we all have our weak time of the day.

Snow in our forecast for this week. A snow day in December would be awesome, especially to help me get things in order for Christmas!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Snow day! What's that? LOL. I'm joking of course having lived in PA but I now live in MS and we don't see snow.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm doing a fly-by today because I really, really have to get a significant project done, but I'll be back when I can legitimately get away with taking a break from it.

Lousy weekend - earned every bit of the 3 pounds that I'm up. But I will have to get a picture of the NSV I had on Saturday up for share ... and get it printed out so that I can remind myself why I don't do what I did this weekend food-wise. Live 'n' learn.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Petra, sounds like your massage was wonderful. That sounds like a wonderful experience. Congrats on your new car. I think it was a great idea.

Penguin, welcome back. Perhaps your computer needs to be formatted and rebuilt?

WLW, good luck on the dinner munchies. I had a friend who put a red tape across the kitchen entryway to close it after dinner.

OMW, I’m in Reno in a storm that has 12-20 inches of snow to travel through. I’m a bit worried about driving home. Loads of snow for Christmas! The schools in Reno are closed today. I’m thankful I have DH’s Durango – I feel safer in it than my Jeep.

ICU, I love NSV’s. My ski socks fit comfy over my legs now. I can pull them up to my knees. That was so cool.

As you might be able to tell, I’m scared of driving ~300 miles today. About 150 in a winter storm. Slow and careful and they’re major roads that the TV says the plows have been on. Was the impromptu ski trip worth it? So far, a resounding yes as DD and I had a blast. Here's a link to my short blog and picture about it. http://apps.mariesdogs.com/blog/

Better get packing.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Marie congratulations on how well you are doing!! The size 8s must feel great...

ICUWishing, looking forward to seeing your NSV!

I am committed to having a good week. Although I am finding it hard to make time to exercise, but I must push past that...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #7  

I'm new to this site...I may not want to blog but would like to JUST listen how do I do that?
ladysnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #8  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

OnMyWay - glad i could give you a laugh -- yeah, sometimes school schedules make me scratch my head. Hope your floors get done quickly, so it's finally out of the way for you.

Marie - thank you for the encouragement --Fun you got to go skiing. Not a sport of choice for me, but I know people who love it! Oh cool on the bra fitting...i think so many people wear the wrong size - are you loving them? and size 8 jeans...AWESOME!!!! be careful on the roads, and have a safe trip home

Petra - hope you're loving your new car! That's very exciting - though it's a shame it doesn't cook dinner too, hahaha. I love a new car! So glad your massage helped...it's amazing the stress we can carry and not realize. I LOVE massages

Penguin!!! Welcome back and glad to see you got the computer fixed

WLW - me too! knowing i have safe choices keeps me out of trouble.

ICU - live and learn :\ sorry to hear the scale moved up, but you're doing great - so don't let it keep you down!

----
we ended up eating out both Saturday and Sunday...and I was happy with my choices. The scale is moving - so that pleases me - but I try not to get ahead of myself, so i don't get off track. I do better to just think about one day at a time.

I was able to fit into a running skirt (skirt with compression shorts underneath - to cover any ride ups) that didn't fit 3 weeks ago last night, so that was a nice feeling
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #9  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Mack and I stayed in this weekend waiting for the rain/snow to come. Seems like the weather man can't get it right. NO precipatation at all this weekend but they are calling for it today and then again on Wednesday until the end of the week. While watching a marathon of Dexter Mack and I ate lots of crap and I too am up 3#'s, unlike Becky I don't think I will ever "live and learn".

Marie - I love your spontaneity. I would have to say it was VERY worth the trip. Be safe coming home.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #10  
kathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysnanny View Post
I'm new to this site...I may not want to blog but would like to JUST listen how do I do that?
welcome lady! you can lurk anytime
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I made it home and drove by more accidents than I have ever seen in my life. I was directed off the highway once in Reno because of a big accident and I thought of turning back to DD's apt but she was at work. So I went off the freeway and wished my Tom-Tom had arrived (bet it gets here tomorrow) because I'd never been in that end of Reno. But I made a few very lucky turns and got back on the freeway about a 1/4 mile past the accident so I had the highway to mostly to myself for a long while. Instead of taking 4.5 hours, it took 7 hours, the first 3 very hairy. But it was so worth the ski trip, seeing DD, her new car (she bought a MINI on Friday), her new apartment and her new kitty.

I was a munchie monster on the way home because of the driving unease. Since home, back on plan but way over the cals for the day.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #12  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Marie, Glad to hear you made it home safely! I think the trip was a great idea. Glad to hear DD is doing well!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #13  
kathi

Wow Marie, what an adventure! Glad you made it home safely : ) Today's my friday, will be busy tomorrow getting DS and his financial aid taken care of so he can start classes next Monday.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #14  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Marie, so glad you're home safe, and with driving aside - you ended up having a great weekend.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #15  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Marie - sounds like quite the adventure! It has to feel good to know that you've got a kid launched successfully and to have personal visual proof! I suspect that stress burns calories (at least for a short while), so damage might be minimal. Glad you made it back safely! I used to do a bit of downhill as a kid - I remember it as a lot of fun but pretty frustrating learning how to do much more than a snowplow turn. Physical coordination isn't exactly my talent, ! I'm curious about cross-country though. Maybe this will be the year if we actually get some snow that sticks. Kudos on the 8's! Definitely a great space to be in ... something about that single-digit size is almost like that change in decade on the scale, isn't it?

CAT - it's a lesson I need to relearn every, oh, few weeks, it seems.

lambchop - congrats on the newly-fitting skirt!

newleaf - oh, boy - can I relate to the time crunch. Funny, I've noticed that the other priorities get ahead by artificial means - if I FORCE the exercise to happen, everything else fills the space around it. But it doesn't work the other way around! It must be a big rock, from the big rock/little rock theory of time management.

Losermom posted a recipe for crockpot steel-cut oats over on the Featherweights thread - it sounds like a terrific solution to the breakfast dilemma. This time of year, I just can't stomach any more cold protein shakes in the morning (uck). I'm going to try it out tonight - she said to just let it go overnight.

OK, I need to jump back to last week's thread and catch up with the last posts - it sounds like a lot of cool stuff was happening!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote