Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #1  

Default I need a kick in the butt!

What do you all do to get motivated?

I feel so lazy. Sometimes for motivation I love to look at people who have made goal and their before and after pictures. It doesn't always motivate me to get off my butt though.

About 2 years ago I was exercising every night for 6 straight months.. I never skipped a day.. I was doing 1-2 hours a night. Every night. Lost not a single pound. Gained instead. This is what finally sent me to the dr and I do have underlying health issues but they don't keep me from exercising. I need to get off my butt again! Sigh.
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Cassie-what kind of eating plan are you following?

Motivation is a very personal thing. Some people are motivated by events in their life like an upcoming wedding or class reunion, or vacation. Others by wanting to be able to do things with their children. And others by health issues. And a myriad of other potential issues. I don't know what your issues are. Only you do. You will know when you've had enough. If you read some of those success stories-some people tell you what those moments were for them.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #3  

I count calories and I'm good there. I do need to watch the wine intake because that can be a deal breaker. Mostly, I just have trouble getting rid of the lazy. I need to banish it from my life.

I did just do a watp video so I'm feeling pretty good right now! I have a mile long list of excuses but really, they are just that: excuses.

I do love to read motivational stories so I should maybe focus on that for now to keep me going.

Last edited by cassieroll; 11-15-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #4  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Cassie dear~I had the same problem...You talk on the phone of a day right?
(or most people do) Anyways~I came up with walk while ya talk indoors.
Sometimes I talk for over an hour...But I always walk at least 45 minutes 2 x's a day now. (I started out lower until I got use to it.)But it so helps to talk on the phone because before ya know it ~you are done. So everytime the phone rings answer it and walk! HUGS TO YA & GOODLUCK

Last edited by Lori259; 11-15-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #5  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Before and After pics help me a lot...seeing transformations

I understand the not losing before. About a year or so, I stopped and gave up after working with a trainer for a year - and not losing weight. Was frustrating, but my body had issues to deal with...

My biggest goal right now is to get through one day at a time making healthier choices - that's it..

Am I getting some form of movement in? If i'm sitting, i'm more fidgety, if i'm walking, i quicken my step...if i'm eating, i'm choosing better options...one day at a time...one step at a time, one meal at a time.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #6  

Thanks, ladies!

I hate the phone! I'm on the phone a lot at work and the last thing I want to do is get on it at home.

Lambchop, yes!! I like that: one day at a time...one step at a time, one meal at a time.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #7  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

LOL~I totally understand that cassieroll~I Walk as quick as I can thinking it will somehow help me to to get off the phone quicker so it burns more calories actually ~HAHAHA~usually I talk to my mom~and believe you me I am practically running within just a few minutes on the phone with her~HAHAHA

Regardless of what ya find to do Just remember That even the most basic household chores burns calories.
So I always make sure to vacuum daily~And Sweep daily~stuff like that to burn calories.

Last edited by Lori259; 11-16-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #8  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

cassie, I'm on the phone all day at work too. sometimes I get up and pace or stretch, especially if the calls are slow (ok, so they aren't slow very often, lol) also if you have stairs in the building climb those stairs! how long is your lunch break? mine is an hour so I spend at least 10 minutes but usually 20 walking the parking lot or on the treadmill at our in house gym. I'm wondering if you have the same problem I do - not eating enough calories for your activity level? maybe you could talk to a nutritional counselor to check that out.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 27.11

Height: 5.6

I love the before and after pics.
got loads to loose but feel lazy.
I keep a folder with dairy with weekly weight entrysand clourfull graths
loas of pics. keeps me intressed
Thinner4Winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/203/175

When it comes to exercise, I've only found one thing that motivates me. People say that you should find a type of exercise that you enjoy, but I don't really enjoy any exercise - it occurred to me that exercise is something that I just have to do. I don't enjoy flossing my teeth either, but I just have to do it. Coming to that realization has felt like a weight lifted off of me - I just go for my walk and get it done, instead of using the excuse of waiting to find an exercise I love.

My motivation for weight loss is health issues - they seem to be a much better motivator than trying to look better.
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #11  
Deb

Cassie, how are you making out?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural View Post
When it comes to exercise, I've only found one thing that motivates me. People say that you should find a type of exercise that you enjoy, but I don't really enjoy any exercise - it occurred to me that exercise is something that I just have to do. I don't enjoy flossing my teeth either, but I just have to do it. Coming to that realization has felt like a weight lifted off of me - I just go for my walk and get it done, instead of using the excuse of waiting to find an exercise I love.

My motivation for weight loss is health issues - they seem to be a much better motivator than trying to look better.
This is me exactly! I don't enjoy exercise. It's tedious and I hate sweating! LOL! I have to do it because I don't want to drop dead of a heart attack like the relatives did at age 60.

I'm still here and struggling. I've been exercising faithfully and counting everything EVERY.THING I put in my mouth. The scale this morning shows a 5 pound gain. That is my life. I swear! So frustrating for me.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

cassie - count me in the "hate sweating" club! The answer for me is swimming. I might be sweating, but I don't have to feel it! I hear you about the 5 pound gain - do NOT let the little voices tell you "stop, it's not worth it". It's almost like the universe teases you periodically to see how serious you are.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #14  

I love to swim but live in a very rural area (pop 650) and there is not a pool or a gym for a hundred miles.

I did the 3 mile super fat burner watp just now.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #15  
Deb

good job on getting the movement in

Know what i told myself while i was doing my run the other day? I was coming to the end, and my thighs were burning, and I said...just 3 more mins, and you get 1 and 1/2 days off! HA! It was enough to push me through