Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #46  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

ICUWishing unlike you, I am looking forward to TOM next week. I always have a good loss (if I'm of a losing mindset, which I AM!).

Lambchop When my DS8 was born, he was a big baby, at 9 lbs. The first words out of the nurse's mouth?? "Look at that pork chop!" But it was cute, we all laughed... How odd, though, in retrospect, that she would say that... But in context it was funny. And my son thinks it makes a good story (he's slim, though, he'd probably feel differently if he weren't). Congrats on the new hair; that makes all the difference.

Okay, I'm off to figure out the dinner plan for the rest of the week. I think we'll have to have dinner when the boys get home from school (4:00). DH is out of town, and we're leaving for DS10' taekwondo at 5:15pm. I hate that. We normally eat dinner at 6:45 or 7:00 so early early always feels wierd.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #47  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! Was up at the crack of dawn to have my Mohs surgery. Everything went great. Dr. removed a spot about the size of a quarter from my neck. 12 stitches to close it all up. I did ask him to pull tight, he got a good chuckle out of that! Thank goodness for some cooler temps here, I'll be wearing turtlenecks for a few days! I'm off work for the rest of the day so I am planning to take it easy and watch some movies.

This is Day 10 of my back to basics plan. So far so good. TOM is starting so by mid next week I should see a big loss! I'm feeling very pleased with myself and am in a very similar mindset as last fall when I lost most of my weight. It feels good to be in control.

Newleaf, Glad to see you back with us! I got a good laugh imagining you digging for candy corn in the trash. Remember the Friends episode where George got caught eating a pastry out of the trash? I know what you mean about eating as a family. It's hard with everyone heading in different directions.

ICU, You'll be swimming circles around those guys before you know it! Keep it up! Glad to see the turtle has moved on!

Lambchop, Another pound! Way to go! I'm due for a highlight too but I'm waiting til I'm thoroughly disgusted with winter so it perks me up!

WLW, Congrats on the all clear. That must be a huge relief for you! Bet Dr. was glad to see some weightloss too!

Hydra, Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper! He must be very proud of how well you are doing!

Patch, I'm no dancer either so I give you an "A" for effort!

Marie, thanks for the tips on interval training. I will check it out to see if I can find something that works for me! You are getting so close!

Cruise, When do you leave for your next trip?

DMC, Keep up the good work with school! My favorite snack right now is a nice crisp apple with a Tbl. of FF caramel dip. I cut the apple into lots of slices so it takes longer to eat. Very filling and satisfies my sweet tooth!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #48  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Lunchtime oddity - I'm having my first Big Mac Attack in something like 15 years. I have no intentions of giving in to it - I'm just trying to figure out what component of that Frankenfood is driving it. Suspecting the pickles/mayo thing ... like a tartar sauce? Hm. I can have a fabulous homemade garlic dill pickle once I get home tonight - I'll pay for it tomorrow with the salt, but that's not *real* weight. Hm. It's a good thing that I've learned to leave my ATM card and my cash at home. I'll have to eat my wonderful healthy lunch instead!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #49  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Newleaf, welcome back to the chickie wagon!!! I hear you on a non-engaging book (no matter how good it is) will not get me motivated to exercise. I discovered the Harlan Coban series last spring and devoured them. I’d look for any reason to listen (I’m an audiobooker) including extra exercising. Keep that focus and you’ll be on track for good. And way to go on the candy corn – I forgot it was that time of the year – I love that stuff but it would be hard for me to control. I’m glad it’s past Halloween.

WLW, body recovery is way more important that speeding up your metabolism. Don’t do anything (including intervals) that compromises your recovery.

Lamb, great job on the fat loss and hair redo. Enjoy that high of the new you. You deserve it.

ICU, “only lost 10 from May1” Wow, you need to look at the glass half full chickie!!!!!! You’ve lost 10 pounds since May 1st – that is excellent, fabulous and great for your health. I understand wanting it faster but look at the big picture. You are doing great and I’m proud of your accomplishments. You made your goal and I bet your ipod has arrived. And I’ve never thought about a goal story. I might be changing the goal number to 125 so it could still be a ways off. BTW, where’s your avatar??? It went to cyberspace.

OMW, I’m so happy the surgery went well. And Day 10 is fabulous and another is deserved! You are so back on track!

OK, so DH said only 5 more fighters need to get off the ground without breaking and he’ll be allowed to return tomorrow. 1 of the 5 broke before takeoff yesterday but it’s now fixed. The end of 7 months of on off relationship is soon to come to an end. It will be weird to think in terms of “dinner” or meals. I just log my cals and when I’m done, I’m done. I’m guessing some preplanning will have to return to my life. For DH, I can do that!

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #50  
Heidi

OnMyWay I'm so glad that the surgery went well... Mine was on my nose, no amount of turtlenecks was going to cover it! I'm glad you'll be able to cover yours for a bit. Congratulations on Day 10; that's awesome. I hear you about needing the control back. I'm not feeling good about myself right now; I need regain feeling good about myself again.

ICUWishing Big Mac Attack?!? Luckily that will never be a trigger for me... but I hear you... and the garlicky dill sounds awesome!

Marie I'm so glad your DH will be home back again soon. But I'm sure it'll be weird getting "back to normal" again. Being more mindful of meal planning is probably just one of many changes that you've forgotten about... But it will be wonderful... 7 months is a long time!

And speaking of planning, I've got meals planned for 3 of the 4 next nights. And the bonus of planning in advance? I can actually thaw something from the freezer with enough time... I found an interesting meat loaf recipe with Middle Eastern spices... maybe my kids will like it; who knows. That will be Sunday's dinner.

Work has gotten very busy this morning, plus a far-flung friend called so we chatted for a half hour. I'm still committed to fitting exercise and the supermarket in, but now it'll be a little tougher.

Back to work, and then hopefully the elliptical by 1:00pm.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #51  
Heidi

Tomorrow I will:
-- exercise DONE
-- make a dinner plan for Thursday - Sunday DONE
-- go grocery shopping ALMOST DONE (I got to the supermarket, but not to Wal-Mart yet for staples or the specialty store where I buy chicken)
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #52  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

newleaf - way to go with your progress on your promises! It's so good to see you again! I know how the phone can derail a day - and it takes everything I've got to be grateful the person cared enough to initiate contact, especially since we went back to a landline that's hardwired! Yes, I actually have to sit down at the desk and devote full attention! It does require some flexibility - good luck on catching back up.

Marie - cool! Sounds like you're on schedule for returning to a normal life with DH! He must be very good at what he does.

OMW - glad to hear your surgery wasn't too awful. May you never have to go through it again!

I fought off the Big Mac successfully. Cravings do pass. Whew. I COULD fit one of those into the day, but that means I'd have to give up the glass of wine I have planned to go with dinner, and that's just not acceptable!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #53  
Heidi

So here's the problem. We had healthy well-balanced dinner at 4:00pm (which I hate doing) so one son could get to taekwondo, the other to basketball. But now it's 7:00pm (our normal dinner time) and we're all starving! But I have the fixings on hand for my banana concoction, so we'll have that for a snack.

A whole lot better than them having a kid snack when they get home from school and then a dinner grabbed on the run, so all in all I'm happy. Tomorrow night we get to eat at our normal time, though -- yay!

ICUWishing wine over Big Mac, any day...

Last edited by newleaf123; 11-05-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #54  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Nice quiet day at home after surgery. Watched a movie and took a nap. Made a batch of homemade apple butter. Ate within my calories but no exercise today due to Dr.'s orders. Thanks for all of the well wishes! You guys are the best.

ICU, I'd have to agree with Newleaf. I can honestly say I have never eaten a Big Mac.

Newleaf, sounds like you have quite a plan in place. Adjusting your meal times may take getting used to but it's worth it!

Marie, So happy for you that DH is returning soon. He must be so proud of how well you have done!

Hope everyone has a great evening. I'll be heading to bed early!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #55  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Back to the gym and doing my pt workouts plus some elliptical...realized I haven't done a full workout in a couple of weeks.It's time to quit being bummed out about the slow weightloss! All the walking I've been doing isn't giving me the results I want and I CAN do the elliptical again, I just need to start slow and increase my time, distance and speed gradually. I also started taking the stairs at work again, though the elevator habit has been hard to break. Y'all have been a big inspiration, even when I'm just lurking!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #56  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I did not get my walk in the park in, I was laid up with the flu. Saw the doctor and got some meds and have been resting and drinking plenty of fluids the past couple of days. I hope to see my granddaughter tonight, as the doctor said it would be okay, I would be past being contagious. Going back to bed, and I will check in later.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #57  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

ICU - I see you! Love the new pic - ooh, good pickle option. single size mini gherkins - if you can find them...have helped me once or twice while i was cooking for my DH or DS

New Leaf - HA, great story to hear that. My first son was 9.2 - second was a peanut, go figure 6.1 - I like the "figure out the dinner plan for the week" - I'm finding planning is my best friend

OnMyWay - glad everything went okay this morning...i'm glad you feel in control, and are in that great mindset again

Marie - he'll be here sooner than later! That's going to be an adjustment, but like yous said, totally worth it

WLW - woohoo on back to the gym - slow and steady, you'll get there

Hydra - the flu ...aww hon, hope you feel better soon

---
I'm at 15 pounds done, and my first mini goal is 17 -- feeling tickled, which I could really use after last night.

I went to try on sports bras...dear goodness...what an UGLY experience. First, none big enough, but secondly - man those mirrors are BRUTAL. One minute, I'm up and happy..woohoo, losing weight...see those mirror and I'm reminded it's like a teeny, tiny drop in the bucket. I came home and ordered 2 sports bras from Just My Size, so here's hoping they fit right when they come in.

Otherwise...with that little boost this morning, I'm feeling bright and the icky experience is behind me.

Today I'll be doing Day 2/Week 3 of C25k
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #58  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Heidi – Have I told you how nice it is to see you back here, we missed you. I was looking forward to TOM but unfortunately I didn’t get my WHOOSH.

You sure are busy with the boys; I’m sure just when you get a schedule down it changes. I sure don’t miss those hectic evenings and I only had one.

OMW – So glad that surgery went well. I was surprised it took 12 stitches. Congrats on day 10, I knew you could do this.

As for my trip I leave next Thursday and will be gone until the 28th. I’ll have internet on and off during that time so I’m sure I’ll check in a few times.

Becky – Big Mac??? Are you serious??? YUK!!! I got sick on one about 20 years ago and that ended my desire to EVER eat another. Now their French fries dipped in milk shake that’s a different story.

Marie – I know you must be excited about DH coming home; even if it means some extra planning.

WLW – Yea for getting back to the gym and using the stairs.

Hydra – No good on the flu, sure hope you feel better. I have decided not to get either flu shot this year but I do have Tamiflu on hand just in case I get sick. Sure hope I don’t regret my decision.

LC – Woo Hoo on the 15 lbs.

Not much going on here; been doing the treadmill the last couple days because Mack has been running in the morning and by the time he gets home we are unable to get our five miles in before it gets dark.

Well I need to get the dogs out for their play time. Catch up with you all later.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #59  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

I am sooo sorry I have not been posting here Can hardly believe the first week of Nov. is almost over! I've been uber busy with life but have been staying OP. Last weekend I attended a Halloween party and they had a chocolate fountain, complete with all the fixins...I had only one strawberry dipped in choc. Man I could have had a nice binge on that...but I've come so far and I'm not about to turn around now On the other hand...I did not do so well with the drinks...ugh I drank way to much and even ended up getting sick...I paid dearly for it, having a 2 day hangover is in no way fun. I honestly don't know what I was thinking...live and learn I guess =op I lost 1 pound at last Saturday WW weigh in. I was .2 pounds shy of 30 lbs...here's hoping I lost at least that much this week...we'll see tomorrow morning at the meeting

I've read through all the posts I've been missing and I'm so glad your all doing well...getting lots of ideas of what exercise to be working on with the winter months coming up. I've upped my walks outside to 2 and 1/2 miles and I do 3 miles 3x's a week with my Leslie Sanone dvd...I absolutely hate the cold so am not sure how much longer I'll be heading out to walk.

Keep up the good work ladies and I'll try to post more often!

Huggies,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #60  
Let's Get Going!!!

Good morning all,
Just a quick drive by. I am no sure I will weigh in tomorrow, but maybe, good or bad I should. I don't think I have lost or gained so that is something.

Busy busy busy.... Glad to see everyone is well and OMW, glad you are feeling better and it went well!
dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote