Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #31  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

ICU - sorry things are difficult

Patchwork - good job on the workouts! Do you feel that your stamina has improved?

newleaf - isn't it amazing what fast food can do to us? I know that I really feel it when I eat it. Because of my food intolerances, I cook most meals from scratch and I sure feel all the chemicals when I eat fast food.

Cruise - you look amazing!!! It's hard to believe that those are pictures of the same person.

lambchop - way to go!

Onmyway - keep up the good work! It will pay off.

Marie - have you tried doing weightlifting while listening to really "pumped" music? I find it helps. Mind you, I love doing the weights - guess I'm a little "odd"

Lu21 - Welcome!!!

So I'm still at the same weight. I'm exercising lots, but there seems to be a part of me that doesn't want to lose weight. I know it has to do with feeling powerless during a time when I was smaller. Strangely enough, my body is feeling really strong these days and I can actually do full pushups now. I hope that feeling stronger will eventually overcome my inner fear of being weak while thin. I had years of therapy in my 30's to deal with the aftereffects of my childhood and I know that I need to be patient with myself and eventually I'll work through this.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #32  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Cruise- Love the B/A pics!

New Leaf - I saw that movie -- interesting stuff

ICU - ew, wet leaves....I wait for them to dry, then rake them!

Penguins- good job on the workout. I hope your husband kicks his soda habit - i've got the same issue with Diet Coke.

Maggie - I hope you find your inner strength as you continue to lose -- hang in there.

----

Dropped another pound - got my Week 2/Day c25k 1 walk/run in yesterday.

Feeling good - and just staying the course!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #33  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Due to another thread here at 3FC I realized I wasn't motivated to lose weight. I want to lose weight but when I looked for a reason/motivation/goal I couldn't find one. Nothing I could look at and think I'm doing this because _______ or I will be ______ if I lose the weight. Obviously, I would be thinner and probably more healthy, but neither of these reasons seem enough to get me off the couch to exercise of keep me from indulging in that last snack of the day. I'm still floundering around but I'm getting closer. I think this is one of those "if you don't set a goal, you will never reach it" things. But the fear is if I set the goal and don't reach it I will be depressed {eat!} and feel more like a failure than I do now for regaining the weight. Sharing your motivations might just help me find mine!

Maggie, Since I took such a long break this summer, I do feel I have lost some cardio endurance, which was never my strong point anyway, LOL. I guess that would be one of those 'goal things". Great job on the full pushups! That is something I would like to be able to do.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #34  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lambchop, too funny – just goes to show we’re all different. Weights are icky and elliptical is wonderful in my view and opposite in yours. Good thing there’s lots of exercise choices out there. And WTG on another pound vanishing!

OMW, I too hate winter driving. I never minded it in Minnesota where they know how to take care of winter roads. On Oregon, ice and snow is just ok and learn to live with it mentality. Driving here is scary.

Cruise, I’m going to take your advice and just do the leg press and calf press MWF. No more bench presses as it irritates a weak facet joint in my back. I’ll go back to the resistance bands PT had me do for the facet joint years ago. For now, no upper body except my doggie walks. And wow, another weight vote. Am I in the minority here??? And holey moley your before and current are amazing. I’d never guess you to be the same person. Congrats on such an amazing journey!

ICU, I’ll be looking forward to the new avatar on Friday or Saturday. And hugs on the difficult discussion.

Penguin interesting way to monitor your food intake. ½ of hubby’s food is probably a great idea. I hope that in later posts you say your glasses have arrived. They have taken way too long.

Pres, I completely understand making your own food. I never know when they’ll stuff soy or peanuts into a restaurant dish. Heck, Butterball injects a soy solution in their turkeys. So I don’t like going out. If nothing else, our food problems make it easier to control the calories. Right??? And boo on another weight vote!

I am so thankful the work week isn’t almost over. I can’t even take 3FC breaks at this point because I’m drowning in state reports. There are times I hate my job and I’m a little worried those times are coming more often. At least I have my haven – my home with the most wonderful husky pack in the world. And in maybe a week + a couple days, I’ll have my DH back. Even better it will be without the next month him leaving. That’ll be so nice.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #35  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Marie - as an ex-smoker I still find cardio work difficult. Even as a kid (overweight) I couldn't do cardio. I hated having to to the mile for the Presidential Fitness Testing..... HATED IT. I was like 4'8" and weighed 135.

Well Mack and I are off to Deep Creek after it warms up a bit; the low this AM was 34. The high is suppose to be in the mid 70's; perfect for the hike down to the hot springs.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies.

BTW - Anyone else up for a "National Freedom" day challenge, November 1st - February 1st?

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 10-30-2009 at 08:26 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #36  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Maggie - You ARE stronger!!!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #37  
Deb

Penguin - -- I'm doing this because - I'm tired of being fat, I'm getting older and want to ensure better health, and dammit, I want to find my sexy once again. I would love to look in the mirror and go...yeah, nice....i'm happy with what I see.

I hope you find your motivation.

Marie- the elliptical is like a slow death to me...when working with a trainer, i'd do 30mins cardio, then 30 with weights...i always did the elliptical first, because I HATED it - i worked up from 7 to 15 mins, but i always chose the treadmill, walking lunges, the bike, anything but that damn machine! LOL -- then it would be time to lift, and the clouds lifted...yeah, the fun time.

Not sure if this helps, but if you're feeling it in your neck when benching, have you tried moving on teh bench...slide up some? it's easy to lay down and not have the bar even with our arms, chest...have someone check your form

Cruise- Cardio, not my thing either, but i know last time i did the c25k - totally changed, because my lung capacity changes...that's why i wanted to do it again...no matter how much i did the other stuff, it didn't do what running did for me, lung wise.

Enjoy your hike...mid 70's is perfect! What's National Freedom Day challenge? I'm looking for something, so I'd love to hear the details...

--
Today I have a walk/run...middle of week 2 (c25k) -- then pick up my son for the weekend (15yo)

I'm trying to move more - get up and down more - just generally get into the idea and habit that getting up and down from my desk (work at home, here at my desk) a lot is a good thing. It's too easy to sit here for long periods..so i'm trying to break that up some.

Last edited by lambchop; 10-30-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added soemthing
Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #38  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

Wow yet another week has gone by and another month! sheesh where does the time go? Sorry I have not been posting. The beginning of the week was crazy busy with work and kids. As much as I tried to avoid it...I came down with a cold Am home again today and all I want to do is sleep! I have been able to stay OP but have missed my walks the last 2 nights. I have my WW weigh in meeting in the morning and am hoping to see even a wee loss on the scale. I have lost over 8 pounds for Oct...so I'm a happy camper

patchworkpenguin: your a machine with all these work outs you do! You should be very proud! I get tired just reading about them LoL Setting goals is a wonderful thing...even if it's not accomplished at least you tried!! We are always so hard on ourselves...don't ever give up!

CruiseCAT: Those B&A pics are amazing...your an inspiration! Rock on with your badself
What's "National Freedom" day challenge? Do tell! lol

Lu21: Welcome to a great group! Grats on your weight loss so far...that's awesome! I also do WW and am loving it so far. Although I'm not big on counting points atm...I do journal everything I eat. Look forward to getting to know you

lambchop: Grats on the loss...Your doing great! Sounds like your workouts are great too! Gawd I need to get with it! hehehe

Marie: Hang in there at work, keeping busy makes your days go by faster right? I wish I had access to a gym so I could really work on the strength training...Right now I just use 3 and 5 pd free weights (I have been slacking in that dept. but I'll work on it for next month) I'd much rather go for my walks or do the walks indoors on dvd and eventhough I'm still smoking and it kills my lungs...I love the rush I get from doing it!

presmaggie: WoW...great work on the push ups...Even though you aren't seeing results on the scale, you are becoming stronger! Just stick with it.

ICU: sorry to hear that like is kicking you in the a** Awesome that you are NOT eating over it...that's so key and yes you will overcome anything you set your mind to!

newleaf: I have yet to see that movie...I'll have to rent it. I haven't eaten any fast food in over 4 months and thankfully I have no desire too...I drive past the arches and all I think of is lard...lol

Onmyway: Sorry your getting so much rain...I feel your pain...I find myself going into a real funk after 3 days of it. *sends you some sunshine* Your doing great with your workouts I love love love the Biggest Loser, I cry at every episode and I actually cheer and yell at the tv...hubbie thinks I'm nuts =op

Hope everyone has a
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #39  

Morning all!

TLC,congrats on those 8 lbs! WTG! I think I've been shying away setting a specific goal because I felt they had to be time related. I should just set a goal, say 10lbs, no time limit and then reward myself with something nice.

Lambchop.LOL, I feel like my motivation is at the back of the garage! I can see the box its in but I'm going to have to work a little to get to it. Its coming. Sometimes when I'm engrossed in a project I'll set a kitchen timer for 45min to remind me to get up and walk around. Doing laundry helps because then I HAVE to get up. I refulse to iron and I hate looking wrinkled!

Cruise, Hope you and Mack have a good time!

Marie, you said it about the glasses. I wish they call if they don't come in also, so at least I'd know they are still working on them.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #40  

I never know whether to start a new post or edit the old one...

I did my 'homemade' Workout 2. I did 16 reps. Today it took about 51 min {this includes a brief trip into Laundryland to hang up dry clothes and re-load the washer, LOL} Its raining AGAIN and the house is hot and humid. I had to turn the A/C back on, along with a box fan, and the ceiling fan, but I was still hot and puffing.

No word on my glasses! Grr

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-30-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #41  
Deb

Just tossing this in here - did Day 2/Week 2 of C25K today
Old 10-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #42  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday!

Woke to yet another day of rain! The clouds did clear and there is a faint ray of sun poking through right now. I'm thinking we might have a nice weekend but the ground is extremely wet so there will be no soccer this weekend. At this rate we will be making up games into December!

I managed to stay within my calories for the last 5 days. I'm writing everything down and keeping a running total each day to know exactly where I am. I'm getting at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. This is what I did last fall when I was so successful, I'm hoping to see some downward motion again soon. If I can keep it up for a few more days I'm confident I will be back in my zone. Time to finish what I started!

Patch, Sorry about those glasses. That must be extremely frustrating. I hope you find your motivation soon. You are very dedicated to exercising. Re: motivation, for me it was a desire to change my family history. I don't want to be diabetic, have high blood pressure or all of the many health problems my parents had. I was sick of feeling tired and not really enjoying life. I had a tremendous summer doing things I never would have done if I still was 50 pounds heavier.

GivTlc, 8 pounds in a month is terrific. Hope you are feeling better. I take extra zinc and C when I feel a cold coming on. Seems to help me.

Lambchop, Keep up the good work on the C25K. I have never been a runner but always admire those that do.

Cruise, enjoy your hike. I'm going to google the National Freedom day challenge to see what it's all about.

Marie, Hang in there til DH is back. Sorry your job is stressing you out. I bet he really notices a difference in you each time he returns.

Pressmaggie, I can relate to some of your desire to not lose. I think for many years it was easier to blame my weight for things that didn't work out in my life. It's hard to let go.

Hi to anyone I may have missed! Happy Halloween!

Last edited by Onmyway; 10-30-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #43  

Ahem..... I'M WEARING GLASSES!!!! They finally came in today and were $200 less than we expected.

I still have double vision, but it might take some time for my eyes to get used to them and that may clear up. I have a certain amount of depth percecption that I haven't had in a long time {which is freaking me out a little, LOL.} They are rimmless so the only part you can really see on me is the bridge across the nose. I'm getHubby to take and post a pic this weekend.

OMW, For me exercise is the easy part, eating is the hard part! You are right that exercise is important for my good health. Several years ago I was mulching the flowerbeds in the fall, I'd grab a bag of mulch and dragg it to the wheelbarrow and dump it in {small wb not full sized} then I started weight training over the winter, the next time I mulched I was ablt to pick the bag up and carry it to the bed, not even using the wheelbarrow. But I haven't had anything like that happen in a while.

Lambchop, good job on being so consistant!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #44  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

lambchop: I chose the Caribbean Beach Resort when I took my niece to Disney World just because of that walking path -- it's lovely! Of course, as you said, walking in Disney World generally isn't that much of a problem!

Lu21: welcome! Great start with WW!

CruiseCAT: thanks for posting the B&A -- very inspiring!

presmaggie: glad the new job is going well. I think it's great that you're exercising while working on the inner stuff and being patient about the rest.

Marie: good job on working out a weight routine for yourself. I've been going very gently with that since I have a history of injuring myself -- but patience seems to be developing my confidence, abilities, and muscles!

Penguin: I'm doing this because I want to live as long as my grandparents (meaning, a lot longer than my parents) and because I want to do things like travel, garden, and take photographs with some grace and no pain. Echoing lambchop that I hope you find your motivation. Your exercise inspires me!
YAY! Glasses!

GivTLC: Yay for the weight loss and boo for the cold -- hope you feel better soon!

Onmyway: looking forward to sunshine this weekend! But, yeah, actually doing anything outdoors is going to be hampered by wetness. I'll probably manage a couple of walks. Yard work will have to wait for some drying time. Good job on getting back to food journaling and calorie counting!

I'm back on the internet. I only ate off plan once (a restaurant meal -- and I learned from the experience) and I met my exercise goal for October a few days ago (there's more time to exercise when I spend less time on the internet -- who knew?).
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #45  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Hi Chickies,
Decided to sneak over here and tell you all that the Official Thankgiving Challenge thread has been started.

I am gonna get back on plan in preparation for the holidays. Need to have those habits firmly re-established.

Have a great Saturday!
Ash

Last edited by inthemidst; 10-31-2009 at 09:02 AM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote