Old 09-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #61  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

ICU - Thanks for asking. I am feeling better today, even did a couple loads of wash. It's kinda funny, I keep finding additional bruises. I thought I had done a good scan in the shower last night but this morning I found that the inside of my right knee is bruised.

BP - I had a favorite store back in Virginia that had great stuff but haven't found anything decent here. When I was working being able to shop at a decent secondhand store really saved my budget.

Heidi - Time for my confession, my undies got so tight I stopped wearing them. I am currently in a size 7 that are so baggy and really need to be replaced but I don't want to buy any until I can surprise Mack with something other than "granny" panties. I'm thinking I'll go shopping when he is down in Mexico next month.

Marie - Good job getting DH out there with you. Mack is a runner so it's usually only on the weekends that I can talk him in to an extra walk.

We had planned to hike this weekend but being that I'm so sore that's not going to happen. The weather is suppose to be in the triple digits again so I'm sure we will be hanging by the pool.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 09-18-2009 at 12:39 PM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #62  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

CruiseCAT: gorgeous pictures -- thanks for sharing your link! Hope you heal quickly!

bopeep: the tomato soup sounds yummy! We've got a little more time than you to get the tropicals indoors, but we're definitely working on a plan.

Marie: thanks for using your break to chat with us!

bopeep: congrats on the new clothes -- especially the fitted winter coat! I'm sure it looks great on you.

newleaf: love the underwear story!

dmc2009: hope you're finding a little time to breathe today!

weightlosswanted: glad the PT session was helpful and hopeful. And, yay, on the child's meal at Wendy's. I'm amazed how often the child's meal is plenty of food for me. Meaning, of course, that it's probably too much for a child!

ICUwishing: Enjoy your half-day vacation! Your plans sound lovely!

Marie: Your DH sounds like a good sport! Glad for you both that you had such a lovely walk this morning.

I haven't got the photos from my Garden walk out of my camera yet -- I'll post something later!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #63  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi all,

Cruise, you took a good tumble!
Garden, my life is so hectic. No time to rest and that is when I make bad choices is when I am so tired. ;-(

I have to share: Today I noticed a girl at work losing lots of weight. I asked her what she is doing and here is what she told me... * GASP *
She eats a Sweet and Salty granola bar for lunch and breakfast and then has a salad for dinner. No more than 1200 calories. She is losing weight, but can she sustain it? Is it healthy?

I am sitting here eating my eggwhites and my veggies with tomato and feeling pretty good about my choices.

But she is def. losing more than I am! ;-)
Wow
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #64  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Thank you, everyone for sharing your underwear confessions. Who knew I wasn't all alone on that one!

Marie, very devious to get your DH out on a walk with you. I'm glad he was a good sport!

CruiseCat kick back and relax this weekend; you've definitely earned it!

DMC2009 wow, that doesn't sound like very much to eat, and she sure has got discipline! I hope she is able to keep the weight off...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #65  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default OMGosh

I am afraid to have wine or saki tonight. I want some!!!

Last night I had a few chips so I feel like I was too bad for the wine, but its friday!!!

gahhhhhhhh
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #66  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I survived my first mammogram! Since this is my baseline, I'll have to go back when they get the results?? But I did get to see my breast on the digital screen so that was pretty interesting {I guess?}

Afterwards I came home and cleaned house, then crocheted a NICU baby outfit. Its adorable; I'll have to get Hubby to post pics.

BoPeep. That sounds like a great place to go shopping. We have a few consignment stores {one even a plus size} but I prefer places like Ross and Marshalls.

Marie, I had to buy new larger size underwear this summer, and although I bought the same kind and went up a size, they seem smaller on me now than when I bought them, even though I weigh the same?? They are cotton so its possible they shrank. Or maybe I'm just nuts.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #67  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Despite all my whining, and the wendy's yesterday (better for lunch then dinner so I adjusted my food for the rest of the day) I actually, really and truly lost 2lbs between tuesday and today! Talk about doing my happy dance : ) And I got on both the elliptical and recumbent bike on my lunch break today! Killed me to have to start over from scratch on the fitness end, used to be able to rock out 3-4 miles at a good pace and resistance level on the elliptical, now I'm at 0 and half a mile in 6 minutes wiped out my legs. But I know I can build it back up.

On the shopping topic, I love goodwill and the consignment shops when I'm losing weight. I don't feel so bad donating the clothes back when I spent so little to start with. As for the zits, sorry ladies but my "factory" shut down 10 years ago and I still get them on a regular basis - even after taking accutane.
Cruise: so sorry to hear about your spill, glad you're feeling better. Like I told my kids years ago about roller skating - I don't go as fast as I used to because I know how much easier I'm going to break!

Everyone has been doing so well, I find it awfully encouraging to read all of your posts and stories. Thanks for the motivation and input!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #68  
Heidi

PatchworkPenguin, I've never heard of going back to get the results of a mammogram. I have always gotten the results over the phone or through the mail...
Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #69  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm unplugging from the internet for a few days as part of a Fall Equinox retreat. Hope you all have a great weekend! Here's the first touch of fall color in St. Louis, taken yesterday at the Japanese Garden in the Missouri Botanical Garden.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 09-18-2009 at 10:53 PM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #70  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Whew. one more down.

Gardenerjoy, I love that picture, so comforting and relaxing.
Hat, I love goodwill and consignment too! Just better for the planet.

I have a feeling I am going to be able to do a 1 pound a week if I am lucky. It is so hard to lose weight, but I feel if I do it slowly maybe it will stick.

I did have sushi and saki last night, but stuck most to sashimi, no rice. Was pretty good!

Today, going walking and tomorrow doing the gym thing.

Staying on plan!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #71  
Heidi

DMC2009 Oh, I envy you the sashimi... my favorite! Def. a better way to go from a calorie perspective, over sushi. But both are luscious. Especially in So. Cal. Not so much here in Pittsburgh, but we do our best.

GardenerJoy Beautiful picture, wonderfully framed. Definitely evoked thoughts of Japan for me.

CruiseCAT I hope your healing is going well, and new bruises aren't continuing to appear...

WeightlossWanted you've been working so hard, I'm glad the scale has finally vindicated your efforts!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #72  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

BP, wow you got a great deal on that skirt. A wonderful motivator to get to the size 8. You are so close. BTW, I’d checked back here last night and told DH about your response about dealing with the body after he got up. He and I found that too funny!

Cruise, ok you win!!! Your undie story was the funniest. Have fun shopping for non-granny panties next month. Cool reward. BTW, DH and I did your hike this morning for you with the doggies. I knew you were to sore so I thought I should be a temp replacement.

WLW, you’re quite right about the children and adult portion sizes in restaurants – both fast and slow food places. It’s little wonder America is fat. Great job on the 2# loss. You’ll get your exercise groove back. Just keep at it and don’t push too hard.

DMC, she might not be going over 1200 calories but I’m guessing she isn’t even remotely close to 1200/day with a salad and 2 granola bars. I’m sure she’d dropping pounds now but she’s killing her metabolism for the long run. Definitely feel great about your choices. You’re doing it the healthy way.

Newleaf, I’m betting none of is alone on our methods of coping with weight gain. I think we could write a novella of the “40’s Chickies and Their Hidden Undie Secrets”.

Penguin, my mom knits for her local hospital’s baby ward as well. The stuff is so tiny and adorable. Please post pics.

Joy, thanks for sharing you photo. It’s gorgeous. You have a very nice eye for framing your shots.

DH and I took the doggies out for a 2 hour hike. Blizzard is passed out on the couch but I don't think she overdid it (the bad, awful hips). We leashed her at the beginning so she wouldn't go nuts with the other dogs. The morning was gorgeous and the mountains pristine. Except since there's been no rain for quite a while, the trails were really dusty. I vacuumed my jeans after I got home before throwing them in the laundry. They were gross.

I've decided not to weigh for about 3 - 3.5 weeks. I'm at that border weight 149.5-150.5 and the daily fluctuations over that second number are irritating, even if it's only briefly. I lose the 3rd week of my cycle so I'm going to weigh again after that week. I should be away from the border and that would make me happy. I became a daily weigher because I'd play mind games on weigh in days and that was unhealthy. So I did it daily - no games to be had. This will be new after 1.5 years of weighing daily except on vacation. It was really weird this morning. I told DH if I start eating the fridge, he can make me weigh the next morning. I don't think that will happen as I lost weight when I was in Thailand for 3 weeks. But still, it's a new adventure. I HATE the border weight. Good thing my goal weight is 135, not 130 or 140. I'd go batty over the second digit fluctuating constantly.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 09-19-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #73  

Stopping by to say hi to my fellow Fabulously 40+ year olds. I know I'm a recent recruit to this age bracket but I am loving the ride thus far. Losing weight, getting in shape and enjoying life to the fullest is amazing!

Wishing all of you continued success and a wonderful and safe weekend.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #74  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

joy: love the picture! I miss the botanical gardens I used to visit in texas. I haven't figured out yet how to post a pic to the forum. Enjoy the retreat!
marie: sounds like a good plan...once I start weighing daily I find it hard to stop : )
cruise: I hope you're feeling better! I know I was still finding more bruises a week after my car accident, but was feeling much better at that point. I envy you being able to hike so many beautiful places : )
sunshine: good to see you!
penguin: good for you getting your 1st mammogram! everyone seems to have a different policy so I wouldn't worry about the followup on the results.

October is around the corner and is breast cancer awareness month. As a survivor I can't stress enough the importance of regular mammograms and monthly self-exams!

I went to the wendy's website and wasn't quite so impressed with my choice of a kid's meal, until I compared it to what I used to order at least 1x a week (though I haven't been to wendy's in over a year)

kids hamburger Meal: 520 cal, 18g fat, 78 carbs, 15g protein, 700 mg sodium

homestyle chicken sandwich combo w/ small chocolate frosty: 1440 calories, 50 fat, 209 carbs, 43g protein, 1910 sodium.

No wonder I gained back all 40lbs and couldn't lose it!!!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #75  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default I like that Idea!!

Marie, I like that idea of weighing on a weekly or bimonthy (maybe) schedule.
Maybe I will try that..

today not a bad today, but tonight I had some leftover mac and cheese. a cup!!! and some Wine!!! Ugh.

Tomorrow morning, hike!!

all in all, not a bad day because I was so good early on, just got so hungry that I did not want to cook when we got home! Leftovers beckoned!