Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #16  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

WeightlossWanted, I've found that restaurant food is a real problem. The food usually isn't as good as I can make it at home, and it is usually VERY high in calories. Do a search on Cheesecake Factory calories and it will be enough to tell you, never again... (fortunately I had ruled out Cheesecake Factory many years ago just because the food made DH & I really sick; now I know it's because of the very high fat content that we just weren't accustomed to eating).

So if you can, toss the restaurant food (save it as a treat, as opposed to a daily thing) and eat at home as much as possible. That will make a huge difference. It will probably save you some money, too.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #17  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

newleaf: I know, but coming home and cooking for myself after work is a real problem! Especially after a draining day. I love to cook, but not when it's just for me. I buy all these great fruits and veggies, and tons of chicken breast but alot goes to waste because I never get around to cooking it. When I do I cook a ton and freeze/prepackage it for healthy lunches during the week. I can have a great food day all day, until I get home at night : (
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #18  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I hear you, cooking for one is hard... as is cooking after a long day at work... Maybe you can find someplace that makes all sorts of awesome salads?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
That's great! Go for it, SunshineCA! I find that thinking about something for too long just makes me more apprehensive and more afraid. I just have to jump into it and do it.
Exactly! Like Nike says, "Just DO It!" I hurt but it was worth it.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #20  
Tanya

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'8"

I really like this runner's blog: http://www.seejessrun.com/ Look for her entries under "food for fuel". She cooks for one, and posts very healthy, creative recipes.

Ok, here's a link with a "food for fuel" search I did to find her recipes on her blog: http://www.seejessrun.com/?s=food+fo...17&submit.y=15
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #21  
Tanya

Well I'm back home and no more weightloss like I had thought. I was surprised because I can *see* a difference, plus I am wearing some old jeans that I haven't been able to wear in years! So, I know I'm shrinking, and I'm ok with the scale not moving yet...

And I am estatic about something I just noticed....ladies, the cellulite on the backs of my thighs is almost GONE!!! I have had cellulite since I was in my early 20's (even though I was very thin back then - but I didn't exercise - I guess I was "skinny fat" as they now call it) and didn't think there was anything I could do about it. I guess running has really helped. I can actually wear shorts above my knees again!

Oh - and for accountability, I went out and ran 4 miles yesterday. Lots of hills in PA so it was tougher than running in TX, but it felt good.

Last edited by Jasmine; 09-03-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #22  
kathi

way to go jasmine! you may not be losing weight but are obviously reshaping your body : ) the hills may be tough, but I think I would prefer that to the heat and humidity in tx! keep up the good work!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #23  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlosswanted View Post
newleaf: I know, but coming home and cooking for myself after work is a real problem! Especially after a draining day. I love to cook, but not when it's just for me. I buy all these great fruits and veggies, and tons of chicken breast but alot goes to waste because I never get around to cooking it. When I do I cook a ton and freeze/prepackage it for healthy lunches during the week. I can have a great food day all day, until I get home at night : (
WLW, do you have a George Foreman grill or something similar? I'm also just cooking for one and it has been a lifesaver. Between that and my freezer, cooking for one hasn't been too bad. Last night, I wanted a chicken fajita so I got out some frozen chicken breast and cooked up enough chicken for last night's dinner and today's lunch.

Another thing I do is make turkey burgers out of a package of ground turkey and then freeze them individually. When I want a quick meal, I pop a frozen turkey burger into the pan and in literally 10 minutes I have a yummy turkey burger. I melt a slice of pepperjack over the top, heat up a 100 calorie sandwich thin and hack off a slice of watermelon or a cucumber and dinner is done.

I don't cook big fancy things like lasagna for myself (very often, anyway) but when I do, I make a full batch and then freeze leftover individual portions. I'm a big believer in nuking dinner in the microwave whenever I can.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #24  
kathi

thanks for the suggestions windchime! I know I do better when I do some precooking...just haven't been good about it lately, and my microwave died! I do usually cook up my chicken breasts with different seasonings to make it easier, and if I make a batch of spaghetti sauce w/chicken and veggies I can eat it for lunch all week. I just seem to poop out after work or whatever I have in the house doesn't appeal. a grill of some kind might help!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #25  
Tanya

Another neat thing I have to report! Back when I started running in May, my resting heart rate was usually around 72. Well, most of the time recently it's been consistently around 62. Just the other night, it was 54 - my lowest rate ever! This is with a digital heart rate monitor. I am just thrilled.