Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #76  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I got the house vacumned but ended up spending most of the day in bed with a heating pad on my stomach. Its TTOM but I'm feeling worse than usual. I think I might have picked up a bug from my friend's son who wasn't feeling well Wed night. Hopefully, I'm not sick the rest of the weekend!

OMW, I have the same reaction, I won't bother to clean the house if its just me but someone else comes over and I HAVE GOT to clean!

Marie, Glad you had a good vacation. I sewed my own clothes when I was in the 260's but I was very frustrated when I would put time, energy, and money into something and then hate it, and throwing it away. I'll stick to quilts, much easier.

Splashes, What kind of book?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:06 AM   #77  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Yeah, but by Sunday we'll have started a new thread and then it'll be a week before you find us again... ;-)
That made me laugh out loud...literally!!! It's so true...maybe someone can post the link to the new thread in this thread once it is created so maybe I will find you all sooner. No seriously, maybe I will be on top of things by Sunday...a year old, a year wiser and will find you guys in a flash....and I don't mean a hot flash!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Jacque - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Sunday, of course!) What a delightful reward for all of your hard work - a PAIR of new numbers! One goes up, and one goes down, heehehehehehe!
Ya know, wouldn't it be nice if when the number on the scale goes down, so does our age? I guess in a way it does since when I started my journey I felt much, much older then I do now....I'm feeling more like I did in my 20's...okay, maybe my early 30's then I do late 40's.

Last edited by Jacque9999; 08-08-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: because I'm anal
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #78  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Jacque - congrats on the 125.5 -- that is so awesome!! And I'm glad you liked my joke...

PresMaggie - I hope you are doing okay without your cat beside you... I'm glad to hear that things are going well with your trainer...

Patchwork - I hope you got your house all clean to where you wanted. I decided to do a thorough kitchen cleaning last night, and the nice thing was that my DS8 actually noticed this morning. My DS10, however, was oblivious. That fits both of their personalities...

HotSplashes - Our tomatoes are going nowhere, too... I envy you being back in school; I love being in school!

Marie - Great seeing you again; we've missed you!! I'm glad you had a great time with your sister...

OnMyWay - congrats on your NSV!! I loved the line that "Nothing I could eat could taste as good as that moment felt for me!" WTG!!!

As for me, I'm off to DS8's baseball game this morning. Then I plan to exercise when we get back. Nothing much else going on this weekend...

Last edited by newleaf123; 08-08-2009 at 08:40 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #79  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

POURING rain! All day! We're hoping that it clears a bit south of here and maybe we can sneak something in locally. Guess it's going to be sift/sort/****can day instead.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

ICU>>> DO NOT SEND THE RAIN THIS WAY!!!Lol

Maggie, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty! Will you get another one? Or will you wait? Losing a pet leaves a big emptiness in our lives that is hard to refill. My pups are 11 and 12, kitty is only 7. It will be hard when the go. Big hugs from my furries to you.

Marie: Happy Belated Sparkly Day.. and I am glady you enjoyed your vacation! Thank you for the good words about school. I am scared!lol

Cruisecat: Are there Cruises just for adults? Dr. BF and I want to do one, preferably to Alaska or Mexico. ANd once the blisters heal over, you will get calluses which will make you Hiker Extrodinair!!

New Leaf: What else are you growing? I have peppers and Onions and Carrots and Zucchini... No Zucchini yet,Sweet Peppers died, Hots are slow, Carrots are just starting to come around now. I was worried about the Purple and Yellow carrots, but they are coming along slowly. Hope the Baseball Game went well!

ONmyway: What a BIG Victory!! I am very proud of you! What is tubing like? Do you wear a life vest? And you are going back to school also?? YAYYYY I won't be alone!lol PS... what is NSV?

Patchwork: Hope you are feelign better!! It's horrible to be sick AND have TTOM! Your puppy in your pic looks like a very happy puppy with his rawhide chew bone!

DancerinDenver: SUSHIIIIIIII!!! I love Sushi..but after puking for 9 hours a few months ago from a bad piece... I just cannot think about having it. I want it... but then I get that...ICK factor going... the fear of puking again.. Gonna be awhile before i eat it again.

As about my book.. well 4 months of being bedridden drove me to distraction and write a book. About what? Foofie stuff... A how to book for women (Not girls) to date better, and to improve your life in general. All about making the right choices, learning how to break bad habits, bad cycles, and learn good ones. Learn how to be happy with yourself. ANd that by making the right choices in one spot in your life, you will be able to make the right choices in the other parts of your life.

AND THE BIG REQUEST::: Pics of CUBA!!! ALL 146 plus 2 videos of Cuban Dancing and Singing!

http://picasaweb.google.ca/horsenpups/TripToCuba#

Enjoy ladies and see you on Monday!!!

Last edited by Hotsplashes; 08-08-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hotsplashes - love, love, love seeing your pics! You lucky canadian, you! As far as I know, it's still tricky for us to go legally but some friends of mine who are academics have swung it and it sounds so interesting. I've lived and travelled all over latin america but cuba is the only place I feel like I'm missing.

We're headed off to the mountains with friends so I'll have to catch up on posts (and maybe even remember about the new thread in time!) tomorrow.

Hope all are well!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 08-08-2009 at 11:47 AM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #82  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Great photos, Hotsplash I loved looking at them!! What a gorgeous setting...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #83  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

hotsplash - great pics! I know several people who have been to Cuba who really liked it.

dancerindenver - have fun in the mountains. Will you be sharing any pictures of the lovely scenery? Hint, hint. Thanks for your support on breaking through my plateau. I hope next week is the week where I start to go down some more.

ICUwishing - send some rain our way, please. It's so dry here that our plants are looking bedraggled, despite our watering.

newleaf - I am missing our kitty. He was the last of 3 who passed away since last October (October, March, yesterday). Before I had another kitty to hug, but I don't anymore. I've had cats for 18 years, so it's very strange not to have them around. With our two young boys being so much work at the moment, I think we'll wait awhile until we get any more pets.

Jacque - I feel like the clock's turning back, too. My aches and pains are diminishing and, of course, being lighter makes everything I do much easier.

Patchworkpenguin - I'm feeling sick, too. My TOM just finished and I've had a sore throat and low grade fever for a few days. All I want to do today is rest.

Onmyway - your tubing NSV is the kind of story that makes me feel motivated to continue. Thanks.

Marie - glad you had a nice vacation!

After 2 days of stuffing myself, I had a really good OP day yesterday. Strange, since it was the most difficult day otherwise. Sometimes I think the anticipation of difficult times is almost harder to deal with than the reality. Yesterday, I just focused on supporting my cat through to the end. He kept looking at me with those sweet eyes and I kept telling him that he would be ok. I truly believe that he is in a better place.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #84  

You know that its going to be a bad day when it takes you three times to type your own username correctly!

More bad news, we've been getting notices from other sites like Google that we have an outdated browser and need to download a new one. So last night Hubby downloaded Windows 8! This morning I get online and try to change the print to the larger size so I can read it! Windows 8 doesn't have this option. They change the backgrowd but not the actual size of the print. so here I am back to wearing my glasses and leaning into the screen. GRRRR!

We bought some steak the other day but haven't gotten around to eating it yet, I told Hubby that we need to eat it today, my dad called and Hubby invited them to eat with us. He apologized for making them eat steak, LOL! ETA: Hubby just began to get the grill ready for tonight and stirred up a hornet's nest, literally!

We went out to get some wasp spray and now are back..trying to get ready for my parents to come in a few hours.

I bought some curtains at Walmart last week, decided I didn't like them and would take them back. Over the week I decided I needed some other things: two lampshades and a little rug. We went to Ross and for the same price as the two curtain panels at Walmart I bought different curtains, two lampshades, and the rug at Ross! I love Ross!

Maggie,I hope you feel better soon! I agree with "anticipation being worse than reality", I've found this to be true in most cases.

Splash, Thanks for posting the pics, I'm looking forward to seeing them when I'm not running around crazy. On behalf of Happy Puppy I thank you. Her name is April, she's a lab/shepherd mix and you'll probably her about her a lot!

Newleaf, My friend Renee has one son who doesn't care about clean one one son who is a neatfreak like her. Funny how that works out.

Jacque, I seem to have lost age when I lost weight in my mid 30's, I feel much younger and happier in my late 30's-early 40s
Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #85  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hotsplash, enjoyed your pictures! NSV is non scale victory! I'm at a slow point in my loss so I need them as a reminder of how well I have done. As for school, I work in a special ed classroom, I'm not actually a student! Tubing is being pulled behind a boat on a big tube. The tube has handles that you hold onto, very bouncy but alot of fun!

Patch, we don't have Ross here, can;t imagine anyplace being a better deal than Walmart!

Presmaggie, glad you didn;t let a difficult situation derail all of your hardwork. Yes, your beloved cat is an a better place. Cherish your fond memories.

Newleaf, add us to the list of tomato challenged gardens. The milder summer and the deer have not helped us at all. Next year I am going to try growing cherry tomatoes, my neighbor grows them and has had a bunch and they are so good!

ICU, sorry the rain ruined your day. It is hot here and very humid!

dancer, enjoy your day in the mountains!

DH will be home in about 5 hours. I enjoyed my time without him but am anxious for him to return. Hung a new chandelier in the dining room and friend's ex hung a new ceiling fan in the great room the other night. Let's see how long it takes DH to notice!

Last edited by Onmyway; 08-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Patch, we don't have Ross here, can;t imagine anyplace being a better deal than Walmart!
Ross is similar to TJMaxx or Marshalls.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #87  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
CruiseCAT - I'm sure you know a *ton* more about cruises than I do... I've been on 2, Alaska makes 3, but each one has been as a guest of my inlaws, so all I do is show up... You'll have to tell me what you do in each of the ports... I've just started researching how to spend our time. Plus, we (just my immed. family of 4) are planning to stay on in Alaska after the cruise, and I'm trying to figure out what to do...
Much of my research is done on Cruise Critic. It's an excellent source of information from cruisers that have gone before me. I also used the TripAdvisor boards on Alaska for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
I did it!!! I got on the scale today and it said

125.5!!!!

I am ready to celebrate!!!
Congratulations!!! 125 is my current goal but I am thinking that 130-135 is more realistic to maintain. I would love hit goal before my family reunion in Orlando in November and then just maintain at the 130 something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by presmaggie View Post
ICUwishing - I didn't do as well as I had hoped with staying away from excess food while dealing with my emotions around my cat's demise. However, I didn't go off the rails for weeks on end. I'll have to see that as my positive in this situation.

CruiseCAT - how long is it until you leave on your trip?
Yes, not going off the rails for weeks on end is a VERY good thing. What's done is done way to turn things around.

I leave on Wednesday. I will have very limited internet when I am in port on my phone so don't expect to post anything more than maybe a couple pictures on my FaceBook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
I think the best place for a 10 year old is their own canoe! Last year DD and I went canoeing with Girl scouts. I should have tipped her!
Thanks for the laugh.... now my computer is covered in water.

Today I had a great NSV. DD and I spent the day with neighbors at their lake house. I went tubing! I haven't been tubing in over 20 years. At my highest I weighed over 250 pounds. I wouldn't have gotten into the lake for fear of not being able to pull myself back up into the boat. Today I eagerly jumped in, had a great ride and was able to get back in the boat with no trouble at all. I actually cried over the realization that there are so many things I can do that I would not have done before. Nothing I could eat could taste as good as that moment felt for me!

Ahhhhh.... that is so special. I have not been tubing or skiing in years for this very reason. Next time I will not turn down an offer. You are an inspiration!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsplashes View Post
Cruisecat: Are there Cruises just for adults? Dr. BF and I want to do one, preferably to Alaska or Mexico.

You will find fewer children on an Alaskan cruise; however, all cruise lines have a kids program and you will hardly notice them. I would just avoid a Disney cruise. There are "specialty" cruises including adult only but you will pay more. The Mexican Riviera is nice but just remember that the Pacific is much colder than the Caribbean. If you are looking to do Mexico I would go out of Florida and do ports like Cozumel and Costa Maya, must my preference for great weather and beautiful water.
As about my book.. well 4 months of being bedridden drove me to distraction and write a book. About what? Foofie stuff... A how to book for women (Not girls) to date better, and to improve your life in general. All about making the right choices, learning how to break bad habits, bad cycles, and learn good ones. Learn how to be happy with yourself. ANd that by making the right choices in one spot in your life, you will be able to make the right choices in the other parts of your life.

sounds interesting

AND THE BIG REQUEST::: Pics of CUBA!!! ALL 146 plus 2 videos of Cuban Dancing and Singing!

http://picasaweb.google.ca/horsenpups/TripToCuba#

Thank you for sharing, Cuba is on my "Bucket List".
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Ross is similar to TJMaxx or Marshalls.

I LOVE TJMaxx but unfortunately we don't have one within 50 miles. We are getting a Ross that will be less than 2 miles away. I guess I will have to wait and see as I have never "done" Ross.
I am healed and ready to go. Even wanted to get a small hike in tomorrow but Mack wouldn't hear it. He doesn't want me to have any issues for my trip. I'm sure he is right but I really wanted to go back up to the mountains. Yesterday we spend the day out at the pool and I drank a few too many beers. The scales were up 1.2 lbs.

I am so excited about my trip. I am packed and ready to go; however, I have way too much stuff. I can usually get by with a small carry-on pullcart and a shoulder bag for a week long cruise but not this trip. I have a decent sized suitcase that will have to be checked plus my regular bags.... ugh....

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 08-08-2009 at 08:31 PM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #88  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

patchworkpenguin - it's hard to believe that Windows took a step backward in their accessibility options by not having the large print anymore. That is really strange. I hope you are going to send them a message about it. They need to hear what a bad decision they made to discontinue that feature.

Onmyway - your tomato idea sounds good for next year. Our are just ripening and we're looking forward to trying them.

CruiseCAT - things are a bit cooler up here now, so make sure you bring some warmer clothes, especially for early mornings. Although, I expect that the reason you have so much luggage is because of the wide variations in temperature that can happen this time of year.

I'm finally going downward in my weight again! I think it just took a recommitment to the work I need to do to make this happen.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #89  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Congratulations!!! 125 is my current goal but I am thinking that 130-135 is more realistic to maintain. I would love hit goal before my family reunion in Orlando in November and then just maintain at the 130 something.
I know what you mean....I did step on the scale yesterday only because I was worried that I would have gone up since I had a cookout on Sat but I reached my goal...the scale actually said 125 and that's what I wanted for my b'day.

Having said that, I TOTALLY was off plan yesterday and am feeling a little bloated and TOM is just around the corner. If I maintain in the 120's I will be very, very happy.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote