Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 AM   #16  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsplashes View Post
To everyone else I may have missed.. .LEt's all get outside and enjoy the weather... It's REALLY spring now!!
About the time you posted, I FINALLY was able to get outside and enjoy my deck!!! It had been raining for days and the (reliable) weather people said it was going to rain for another week....SURPRISE!!! The furniture was dry and I got to enjoy the great outdoors....if you call my backyard the great outdoors. It definitely was uplifting as east coast weather can get so depressing!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #17  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning friends! I have had a litttle trouble with the site the last few days. My computer is down and I am using my DD's. Not sure if that's the problem or what! Oh Well...

Everyone is keeping busy!

Cruise - Looks like you are having a great trip. Your grandson is sooo cute!

Newleaf - Yeah! for jeans that are loose. Keep it up!

Savora - I see you are in St. Louis. What part?

Velveteen - So sorry to hear about your friend. Proud of you for sticking to your plan.

Losermom - I'm not ready to be a grandma either, not just yet! My oldest is 20, I'd like him to be more settled!

Beemer - Hope your hip is doing well.

Pony - I'm with you, I want to be a good example for my kids too!

Jacque999 - Sitting outside is a great mood lifter for me too, It's amazing what green grass and sunshine can do for you!

CelticMom,CanadaMel and Hotsplashes- I love the warmer weather, I'm so looking forward to summer!

My school year is winding down and then I'm off for the summer. I have a huge list of things I'm hoping to get done around here. Add to that my regular exercise, some travel, and lounging at the pool. I can't wait!

Happy Sunday!

Last edited by Onmyway; 05-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #18  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Jacque999 - Sitting outside is a great mood lifter for me too, It's amazing what green grass and sunshine can do for you!

True dat!!! It was uplifting...now today on the other hand it's pretty gloomy, the upside is that will all the rain, the grass will be VERY GREEN!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #19  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Well, I have a good news / bad news post... The good news is that I am officially wearing pants that haven't fit in over a year. So that is awesome! It took losing 15lbs to get into them, which seemed like forever, but I am very happy. The bad news is that yesterday, for apparently no reason, I strained a muscle or two in my back which puts exercise out of the question until it feels better, maybe a week? In January, this derailed me but I hadn't been on the journey for very long. I'm determined not to let that happen again; I've come too far and am looking forward to seeing what the next 5lbs lost bring...

Velveteen - that sounds like a really sweet way to have dealt with the hampster...

CruiseCAT - sounds like you are a good source of inspiration for your DIL. *We* know that you will keep it off this time and they will be thrilled to see that is true.

HotSplashes - glad to see Spring has Sprung in your neck of the woods!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #20  
Heidi

Jacque999 & Hotsplashes - since I can't be very active right now, you have motivated me to go make a cup of hot tea and enjoy it on the cool deck. Here in western PA, the grass is a thick lush green, about 50% of the trees are fully leafed up again, and we got our beds all mulched in the last couple days so it looks and smells beautiful... Thanks for the inspiration to get out there!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #21  
Heidi

Oh, and as for being a grandmother - it's (hopefully) at least 15 years away here... My sons are 10 and 7. But, when we cleaned out all their preschool toys last summer, we did hang on to a few favorites "for our grandchildren" which felt really weird to even be planning for!! My MIL put A LOT of pressure on us to have children, which we completely ignored (we were married for 8 years before having children) and I have vowed to NEVER make my DILs feel the way my MIL made me feel. She once went so far as to tell me how selfish I was being by not giving *her* grandchildren. Luckily, nearly 20 years later, it's all water under the bridge and we have a great relationship now.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #22  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Jacque999 & Hotsplashes - since I can't be very active right now, you have motivated me to go make a cup of hot tea and enjoy it on the cool deck. Here in western PA, the grass is a thick lush green, about 50% of the trees are fully leafed up again, and we got our beds all mulched in the last couple days so it looks and smells beautiful... Thanks for the inspiration to get out there!
Newleaf,
Sorry to hear about your back...I really hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and enjoy the tea on the deck. Still icky out here so I think I will lay down on the couch. Since I have been up since 4 am I think I need to rest. Will check back later
Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying some warmer weather.
It was warm enough here that the kids had a watergun fight- which made their day.

Newleaf- hope the back doesn't sideline you too long. Are you still able to get out & walk? Congrats on fitting in to your pants! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Hope everyone is having a great evening
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #24  

Spring is finally here as well!! I am so enjoying my runs outside as opposed to inside on the treadmill! Plus it motivates me to do well knowing my neighbors could be watching, LOL!! I hope everyone is having a good start to their week. Sorry to hear about your back newleaf! It is not fun trying to work out with an injury. I had a hurt neck along with my hip bothering me. I groom dogs and the way they don't hold still sometimes really throws my back and neck out. I hope you are feeling better soon. I find that easy stretches to the area really help.

CAT-I hope you are enjoying your trip and your grandson. My husband is trying to convince me lately to have another baby. I told him there is no way I am going to have another one at my age. He will just have to wait for grandkids. We may have a ways off for that though since my kids are only 13 and 11. We already got our mid-life crisis car pictured in my avatar. I never dreamed he would want a mid-life crisis baby, LOL!!

Hope everyone has a great day on plan and enjoying the beautiful Spring weather! Thanks for all the warm wishes for my hip!! They must be working as it is feeling better and better!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #25  
Heidi

My back is still hurting today, but I did get outside yesterday for a 1mi walk. I'm not sure it helped any, but neither did it make things worse, so that's good.

Here's to a great day, everyone!

Beemer - LOL re: the midlife crisis baby! Luckily, DH and I are in total agreement on that one...
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #26  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
My back is still hurting today, but I did get outside yesterday for a 1mi walk. I'm not sure it helped any, but neither did it make things worse, so that's good.
Here's to a great day, everyone!
Sorry your back is still bothering you...good that you did something yesterday...it was my day off, so I didn't do anything....Feel better...and have a great too!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #27  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Happy May, everyone! I returned to work with a sunburned nose and shoulders from working in the yard - I'd truly forgotten how good it feels to do hard labor. And sorta forgot the next day's ramifications, too ...

Newleaf, sorry to hear you're laid up! Back pain just SUCKS. Any chance you can get to a pool? There's something about getting out of gravity that backs seem to love when they're sore. Speedy recovery!!!

Cruise, your grandson's a sweetie! Definitely worth getting healthy for - in a few years he'll be thinking he can outrun you, and you can prove him wrong!

Velveteen, condolences on your friend. I recently had to deal with something similar and it's just a head rush on how mortality kicks in. The hamster connection was a good one.

OMW - if you can, Mozilla Firefox makes this site SCREAM - no more waiting the $%*) "google ads" to load. It's a free download, and if you try it, you can get hooked on it.

I've got some catching up to do with everyone - I need to spend a little time moseying through the entries while I eat lunch.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #28  
Heidi

ICUWishing - re: the pool. I actually spent 2 hours in a nice, warm pool on Saturday (the day this started up) and had hoped it would help; it didn't seem to really make a difference... So I'm just gobbling Motrin, stretching, and trying to take it easy...

OnMyWay - I agree with ICUWishing; I use Firefox and I dont' have any problems...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Jacque, I know.. I'm slow!lol

New Leaf, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Jacque and New Leaf,

OMW.. I always have issues with this site. Seriously it's not yoru puter.

Velveteen, hope you are feeling happier today.

Canada Mel, I heard you guys got more snow out your way!! Is it true or just rumors??

Beemer.. what is it with guys suddenly deciding they want more kids when the woman is nearing or in her 40s???? Sheesh!lol LEt him wait for grandbabies!lol

Cruisecat, Have a talk with Beemers Hubby to tell him Grandkids are better than having more kids!!lol

ICU.. what's for lunch????

QUESTION FOR THE WEEK:

Where have you always wanted to live if you could?

Somewhere on the French Mediterranean or some beautiful Island in Greece.

I'm glad you got to enjoy the outdoors! Old doggie and I took a very slow walk around the block and over to a small park. I took my pruning sheers and cut some branches off some wild cherry trees along hte Highway side of the fence that were drooping over the park side. They have all these lovely white blossoms and light green leaves. So now I have a few in a glass vase in my living room.
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #30  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Grandchildren are the BEST. It's worth the wait Susan.

Heidi - Sorry to hear about your back. Glad the walk didn't make things worse.

I guess we are each going to have to get use to the idea that our bodies aren't what they use to be. Even with working out I find being around Noah that I'm moving my body in new and different ways that are working totally different muscles. I'm going to chalk it up to seasonal strains; for some winter brings on aches from shoveling snow; spring for gardening, fall raking of leaves, summer with cutting of grass; and for me right now is my Noah season of chasing, bending, twisting and lifting a toddler.

Having great time, went to the beach yesterday. I won't bore you with a large number of pictures, just a couple. Here is just one of Noah and one of Karl and I.

CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote