Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Hi! New to the group

Just found this website a few weeks ago and finally joined in. I have started getting serious about losing weight and have lost about 8 pounds since early March. I would love to lose about 50 pounds by summer of 2010. My goal is to lose about 3 pounds a month. I am basically trying to find what works for me right now. I am trying to figure out how many calories a day I need to lose the weight. I try to exercise 20 - 30 minutes a day 2 - 3 times a day. I have 2 boys and trying to find a solid hour to myself to exercise is a lost cause. I get up early and try to do about 30 minutes of step exercise before work. Then if possible it try to fit in at least one other exercise routine (weights and/or pilates) in the afternoon or before bed time (sometimes both)

Again I am trying to figure out how many calories to eat a day. I have used some of the on line calculators but they all give me different answers.

Anyway I am glad I found a place where others can relate to what I am going through.
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lynn,
Welcome to the group. And, congrats on the 8 pound loss so far...that is great! I am not sure about the different answers you have been getting for the caloric intake. Maybe some others who are a little more seasoned with calorie counting can give you some advice.

I look forward to chatting with you!

Maur
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Lynn! It sounds like you are doing a great job with your loss and your commitment, finding a way to fit in the exercise despite quite a busy schedule!

I have *just* started counting calories, it's something that I've refused to buy into in the past. But what I found is that I often don't eat enough. I'm trying to eat approx 1300 cal a day (this is just day 4) and it seems to be working for me.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lynn, definitely do not go below 1200 calories, and with how much you exercise, I'd say 1500 would be pretty safe. Congrats on the 8 lbs! Great job!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #5  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go Lynn, you are off to a great start! We are glad you found us here at 3FC. This is a great site for support and inspiration. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote