Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #16  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I'm a firm believer in visualization too.....but like Beth, it's hard for me too because I have never been thin. So...I just visualize the numbers going down on the scale and my clothes falling off of me instead.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7

Dear Jen,

I am an annoying pollyanna and want to share a thought with you...please take or leave as you wish.

I believe that within our cells, our DNA is programmed to be at an ideal body weight......a weight that all our cells, all our organs, all our muscles, all our body systems function at their optimum....no matter what, our cells never forget. That's why they respond lovingingly to a healthy diet and exercize!

I also believe that when we all were babies, there was a perfect balance between our intake of food and our output.....although we might not been "thin", we were our ideal and natural body weight.....and our bodies never forget that.

Today with photo shop, we can create images of our bodies at a healthy weight....or we can just slap a picture of our heads on some healthy body we find in a magazine.

Concieve, Believe, Achieve.....that's the power of visualization!

When I went on my WW wedding diet, over 22 years ago, I was inspired by a fun house mirror.....as I saw myself thin in the mirror. There are many fun and creative ways to get the picture!

Like I said, I can be annoying....take what you like!

Best Wishes,
Thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #18  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Another "way over 40" crashing the thread, but I wanted to say that I really do enjoy reading it

I also agree that visualization was a very important part of my journey. Rather than visualize my body at a certain size or weight, I visualized experiences, without really concentrating on what I would look like. In fact, my visualizations were usually "through my eyes looking out" - so I didn't really see what I looked like.

Some of my favorites were really motivating:

~ seeing myself shopping in the "regular" clothing section of a store
~ hiking with my kids without embarrassment - and even keeping up with them
~ eating healthy foods and really enjoying them
~ exercising and basking in the sense of accomplishment
~ shopping for different types of clothing - shorts, sleeveless tops, summer dresses - COLORS and PRINTS!!!
~ being able to tie my shoes easily
~ walking with a spring in my step - instead of dragging my sorry self along
~ cross country skiing again
~ passing up unhealthy foods at parties, work, etc. and not feeling deprived or disappointed
~ entering the next milestone in Fitday
~ walking into a room and not looking around to see if I was the biggest person there - seeing myself being confident and happy in social situations
~ achieving the next fitness milestone (more weight, reps, longer walks, etc.)
~ donating all of my "fat" clothes to charity
~ trying on clothes and having them too loose - instead of too tight
~ and - I'm being honest here - visualizing how people I hadn't seen in a long time would react to my new svelte self - particularly people that haven't always treated me well
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

Thinkerbell: You are not annoying in the least. In fact, you and I think alot along the same lines....(check your PMs for more). Thanks for the practical tips--AND for reminding me that my body knows exactly what to do!

And to the PartyCrasher (aka CountingDown! LOL), I like your ideas!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7

Dear Jen,

Thanks for the PM! I tried to PM back but I don't have enough posts yet!

When I do, I'll send you the PM I wrote! (hopefully later on today).

Feeling good!
Thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

Thinkerbell, I sent you my e-mail addy!