Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #16  
I will do it!!

Height: 5'7"

well i did have an experience also after . my one son was looking at pictures of family and in many I was thin,he said mom you look different. I said in what way? He said oh nothing. I said please tell me. he said you are not fat in the pictures. I was crushed. But see my one son has some special needs and does not think about how something ike that would hurt me. However, it was another wake-up call for me to get myself on the diet/fit train.
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #17  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Default Big Hug

Dear Suzy,
I just wanted to offer a big hug to you too
I am SOOOOO feeling your pain right now. I just returned with my family from a river rafting trip in late August. We just got the pictures back a week ago.
Let's just say there's one that I am using for my before photo too. It wasn't pretty but it WAS me. Since I saw that picture I've lost 7 lbs so at least it was a catalyst to do something about the weight.

GOOD LUCK to you. We can do this. After all, we're not dead yet!
~Paula
Sarati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'4"

Paula,
Thanks ! I am at a lousy plateau right now. I quickly lost 8 pounds and now I am just stuck here but still plugging along. Hopefully I will wake up one day and drop 4 pounds !! I'm due. Good Luck to you.
Suzy
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #19  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Trying to get over this very thing

I always try to avoid being in photos. So often when I can't avoid it, I'm shocked by how much heavier I look than I think I am. I also realized that I tend to slump when I do get my picture taken, trying to hide. Which, of course, makes me look heavier.

But I realize that the only one I'm hiding that view from is myself -- everyone else already sees me from every angle, flattering or unflattering. So it's very ostrich-like of me to hide from the camera.

I also heard about a woman who always refused to be in photos and of her grandchildren sad after she passed away because there were no pictures of grandma.

Best thing to do is smile bravely, stand up straight -- and deal with the issues that we don't want to see in living color.

Last edited by Arabella; 09-16-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I know what you mean... I didnt even bother taking pictures on vacation lol.. well I did take a few of the kids.. but not many.. I look forward to the future when I will be the one jumping in front of the camera lol
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #21  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

There is a big reason the camera is owned and operated by me, can you guess why?
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #22  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I never get in front of a camera if i can help it this picture was taken on a cruise last month....I crawled up on my son bunk on the ship to see if i could

Last edited by CyberGypsy; 10-01-2008 at 10:27 AM.
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #23  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I too can so relate...I think it is because I feel like the thin person inside of me is what people see on the outside. When I see pictures of what I really look like it is a real shock! Worse yet you get your pics taken with someone who you thought was your size and then you see how much bigger you really are
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #24  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I know the feeling. I went on a women's retreat a month or so ago and was looking at pictures someone else had posted on facebook, and I saw my girlfriend in one and was trying to figure out who the other person was and it was ME! I was horrified. Now all I see when I look in the mirror is the double chin I never used to have. So, I re-started Atkins, came here for support, and then got sick, so it's been a slow start, but I just keep telling myself I'm going to hide in winter clothes for 6 months and emerge next spring as the new, thinner, fit ME that I used to be!
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'3"

We went to Cape Cod this summer!! I also hate the pictures taken there!! My next vacation photos will be different also!!

Last edited by CannieD; 11-18-2008 at 01:44 PM.
CannieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/143/125

Height: 5'3"

I here ya! I just got back from the Hoover Dam. I couldn't believe that was ME blocking the view of the Dam!
Crabbykate is offline   Reply With Quote