Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all...well almost afternoon.

Yesterday was - so/so food wise. Cleaned out my fridge to clear out the food going to the other side and made some fava beans with bacon.
Also an apple crisp - and yes bad me had some of both.
Ran 5K in the AM - but seriously, the menu needs to be cleaned up!

Hope you are all having a good day.
It is super sunny and hot here today and I am gardening.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

Height: 5'4"

Clydegirl, That sounds like so much fun, it must be wonderful to live in a community that gets together and celebrates like that.

Hi Suzzyy

Hi Davidsmom
Old 08-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Silly question: I am trying to complete the weight tracker and I have copied it but WHERE to I go to paste it??? I keep losing it because I am pasting it in the wrong place. HELP !!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #19  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzyy View Post
Silly question: I am trying to complete the weight tracker and I have copied it but WHERE to I go to paste it??? I keep losing it because I am pasting it in the wrong place. HELP !!

You need to be a member 30 days or have 30 posts? I think before you can do a tracker.

Pop into general chatter, lots of stuff there and you will get your post count up.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 201/201/145

Height: 5ft 6in

Suzzyy-When you figure it out, let me know. I also have tried, but
can't. I think we do need to be here for 30 days. I have quite a few to go!

Does anyone know how many posts we need to do? I would hate to be here
for the 30 days and not have enough posts.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

davidsmom, Clyde is so right about journaling. In the beginning I wrote down every mouthful and also how I felt while eating the "bad" stuff. The most essential part of losing weight for me has been walking. I started at a slow pace for a short distance, but with each walk it got easier to walk faster and farther. For me, it has been the difference between losing and gaining. Good luck. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

I did get out and get the 5 miles done. I wore a brand new stepometer. The route I walked I had planned and measured already, because I've been walking it for years. My stepometer did measure it accurately. Thankfully, because I've been wasting gas driving around measuring new routes!!! My children and I thought Wall-E was really good. If you choose to think about it it has kind of a scary message!

Clyde, Your celebration sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Just came in from my walk. My husband wasn't feeling well and in the past I would have said "well, I won't go either" however, I went for a walk by myself. It was after 9pm and I still went. I hope this motivation continues.
Thanks to all of you for being supportive.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #23  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmom View Post
Suzzyy-When you figure it out, let me know. I also have tried, but
can't. I think we do need to be here for 30 days. I have quite a few to go!

Does anyone know how many posts we need to do? I would hate to be here
for the 30 days and not have enough posts.

Don't worry about the tracker. You can get one either after being a member 30 days or after you have 30 posts.

It's amazing how quickly your post count goes up.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #24  
Struggler

S/C/G: 233/218/150?

Mornin, Ladies (& any gentlemen present) !!

Lost another pound --even without any exercise on the weekend !!! Hope to have a reeeeeeeeeeely good week cos I head back home for 8 days on Friday. No scales where I'm going, so I'll just hafta walk around the lake every day -- 5 miles -- and hope for the best when I get back.

Hope everyone's week goes GREAT !!! WE CAN DO THIS !!!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #25  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow! I have been out of touch for awhile and I'm way behind!! Welcome to all the newcomers to the 40 chat thread. I'll try to catch up!!

I had a few computer issues and had to take care of those and then we were gone most of the weekend, so now I'm back. We went to this lake that we love to fish and stayed in one of their cabins. It is such a great place! I wish we could have stayed longer. We had to come back early on Sunday because my son had to come back and get his football helmet and pads. They structure the equipment handout by team and that's when our team needed to be there.

So, yes, he made the team. Actually, they had a few quit, so no one was cut. That's a good thing. This week he starts in pads, so we'll see how this goes for him. He was doing much better at the end of the week than he was at the beginning, so I think he's getting in much better shape. They talked about moving practice from 5:30 to 5:00 when school starts. I hope that I can get someone to take him. I don't get off work until 5:00. I'm a little worried about that.

School starts in 2 weeks. I can't believe it is here already, although I am glad that they're going back. They need to get back in a better schedule. We need to get some new clothes and supplies, so I might have to take a day off this week. I can feel the stress trickling in... way too much to do! Then, my daughter will start volleyball, so that will make her happy!

Well, better go get ready for work!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

suzzyy, Great job getting out there on your own. It's great to have a partner, but in the end we are doing this for ourselves. Again, WTG!

Mollikins, Great job!

Diane, So nice to see you back. The fishing and cabin sound wonderful. DS doesn't start FB practice for another week or so. Practice with pads is a whole other level. It's like the difference between walking flat turf and jogging hills, but it sounds like they're working the boys into it. I'm sure your son will do just awesome. During the school year our practices are held right after school so we just have to figure out how to get the kids home. Much easier. School doesn't start here until after Labor Day. It's actually a law the state passed a number of years back so that WI Dells didn't lose it's employees before the last hurrah of summer. Don't let the "start up" stress get to you too bad.

DD starts VB camp today. That'll give me two hours to kill in town so unless it starts raining again I should have time to get in a good walk.
Have a great Monday all!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #27  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been reading everyone's posts but feeling discouraged and not wanting to share. I had fallen off the wagon and was getting dragged behind, but I decided that I needed to stop whining and procrastinating and get myself back on track. So yesterday I started again, I didn't do great, but not horribly (definitely could have been worse). Unfortunately no exercise yesterday, we were going to take the dog for a walk, but I had fallen on my bike on Saturday and woke up really stiff and sore with a monster headache. After church and lunch I went up to take a nap but it didn't seem to help I just felt worse, today I feel better though so I think I'll take him out after I finish posting, then it's off to the grocery store That has to be one of my least favorite chores.

Lovnmom - MI passed that same law, I'm not sure how it helps because they seem to go longer in the spring than before.

Clyde - Our town's homecoming was this weekend too. We had a wedding to go to on Sat that was a ways away so we didn't go. It used to be a small gathering to welcome home people who had moved away (hence the name I was told), but has evolved into a giant carnival. I had never heard of a town homecoming until I moved here 9 years ago, now I've heard of two .

Suz & Davidmom - when you do get in those posts/days you go to edit cp button and then edit signature, it'll tell you how to post trackers.

Too Everyone else

Well, if I'm going to get everything I need done done, I should get moving. I have yoga tonight hopefully I can do ok, I have sooooo many bruises it's not funny.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-04-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #28  

Smile Hi...I'm new

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this site. I started the SBD one week ago today. I had a great week. I don't know if or what I lost in terms of weight as the scale scares me. I know I have about 50 pounds to lose. I did put my jeans on this morning and they zipped up much better. I have never done this type of forum either but years ago when I went to WW, it was nice to be able to talk to people. With gas prices the way they are, I just can't afford the extra cash to drive into a meeting and pay for a meeting. It isn't like I don't know how to lose weight, I just can't ever maintain. Now, at 48, I have high blood pressure. So, I thought I would give the SBD a try and hopefully with online help, I can stay in touch with people and stay motivated. This is a great site, I already tried the "fried zucchini" recipe at lunch time. Very tasty. I look forward to reading the daily postings!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

Wow, This moves along I've also been trying to get my tracker posted, do you need both 30 days and 30 posts, or which ever comes first?

Congrats on the loss Mollikins!

My DH and kids went on a long hike yesterday, (we frantically tried to make it to church, but were too late). The ascent up the mountain was a killer but the views were spectacular once we got there, and the breeze up the valley felt wonderful. The trip down the mountain was tricky on my knees. I was very sore when we got home but feel good today.

Hi dowlibrarylady
Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 277/268/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to 3fc - just joined about a week ago. I'm 44 and have a 16 year old daughter who's very into showing her horse. I've let my weight ballon since quitting smoking 6 or 7 years ago. I don't have a weight loss plan yet - I just quit junk food and started drinking more water so far. This week I plan to make myself walk every day. I love reading all the posts and soaking up all the ideas and information on this site. I'm hoping with all the support here I will finally be able to stick to a healthy eating plan and lose the weight once & for all.

Kathy
Closed Thread