Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/189/135

Height: 5'4"

way to go suzy! i have just started walking myself. my goal is 30 minutes EVERY day! i decided to wake up early every day instead of trying for evenings because it is so hot down here in Texas! Good luck with your new routine!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #32  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Afternoon girls.

A hot steamy day!

We got new phones at the weekend and me being technologically inept am having a time with it trying to get the thing to do what I want. My 16 year old was sitting with me at midnight last night showing me how to make calls and get around.

Welcome librarylady and Kathy. It's always nice to get new people posting.

Clay it's whatever comes first the posts or the days being a member. Hope you don't mind me asking what part of the country do you live? I really miss the mountains and valleys from home. Everything is so flat here.

Tech good to see you back. Hope you feel better. I just got back from grocery shopping. It's putting it away that I hate.

Our schools go back on the 21st of this month. I think we are all ready for that day. It's still so warm then. I really don't feel, like shopping for autumn clothes.

Mollikins well done on that pound. Every one counts.

I'm trying to decide whether to go to the pool or not. The water is so warm just now with the high temps.

Enjoy the day.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Tech, Nice to see you back. Sorry to hear of your tumble. I'm glad you're somewhat better today. We all get drug by the wagon from time to time. The important part is you're back up there now. Enjoy your walk today.

librarylady, A big welcome to 3FC. A long drive and the extra cost for WW is what lead me to 3FC years ago. The support I give and get is really what makes the difference for me. Good luck!

clayr, I believe it's just whichever 30 you hit first. Your hike sounds awesome. I do most of my walks and hikes alone or with a friend. My family are fare weather exercisers. I don't blame them though. My DH works hard physically all week and my children are really into sports so I'm really the only one who "needs" to walk. My children do go along in the spring and fall though, because it's nice. lol

Kathy, If it's support you're looking for you've come to the right place. Cutting junk foods and adding more water is a great place to start. I'll be 44 this Sunday and have become an avid walker in the past two years. I firmly believe it's the best exercise both cheap and easy. It didn't seem easy at first though, but it does get easier every time you go. Good luck!

beffie, Hot or cold morning walks are much better for me. I get too l-a-z-y if I put it off until afternoon or evening!!!

Clyde, good luck with the new phone! I'm with you on the putting stuff away. I just hate it, but no one else puts it away right. I know, that sounds anal, but I'm the one that will need to find it. It's hot and steamy here too even though a good T-storm just past through.

I got in 5 miles while DD was at V.B. I'm trying to get a few extra in at the beginning of the month...we have at least 2 weekends away planned and I know I'll be overeating.

Last edited by lovnmom; 08-04-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/189/135

Yes, I used to think that I just couldn't wake up any earlier! But it's been working so far! And I really do love it!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #35  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Hi everyone.

At the end of my riding lesson this past Sunday, my instructor gave me a HUGE zucchini...it's as big as an eggplant. I need some ideas as to how to best prepare it...I'm clueless at cooking so any EASY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last week was the perfect storm of weight gain - I was unable to exercise and at work, we had a triple baby shower with three cakes and Champagne, as well as a departmental lunch that spanned 3 hours. I tried to make good choices but...I was not completely successful.

So here we go again this week. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks - to the beach - and my hope was to lose at least 3 pounds before leaving. Not sure that's going to happen but I am trying.

One thing that I've been doing is weighing myself everyday and this is not a good practice for me. It only upsets me if I don't see the numbers I want to see, so I need to really make the effort to use the scale no more than once a week.

School starts in 3 weeks. Went to Staples yesterday with the school supply list in hand, and we got everything! It was actually kind of fun. I think we're all getting psyched for the new school year. I'm resolving to be more involved in the school this year. As a working mom, I really never have participated at all in anything going on in my son's school. It just wasn't possible - I worked almost an hour away. However, now that DS is starting middle school and I'm working only 15 miles away, I really want to get more involved. We'll see how it goes.

I can't even comment on my Mets. Why must they torture us so?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #36  

Letsgo, Well, It sounds like you had some fun celebrations though and we must live too. Good luck with the zucchini. I really only grate them in bread or add them to stir fry. I'm not much help.

DD has V.B. again this morning. My friend Lori is doing a marathon in Hurley this weekend so she's walking 8 miles with me during practice. She ran 20 yesterday and I can tell you that's some feat. It was 91* with 100% humidity yesterday. My 5 mile walk was grueling. The weather is projected to be almost exactly the same today, but the 8 won't seem nearly as bad as yesterday's 5, because I won't be alone. There's another 3FC member that is doing "The Step Diet" I got interested so I bought a cheap pedometer. I checked it out on known distances and got my stride set right etc..and then strapped it on yesterday. Pretty much out of curiosity. I did my 5 mile planned walk, but I ended up walking more than 10 miles yesterday even though I did no grocery shopping or lawn mowing. That number really caught me by surprise, because I remember wearing one years ago and maybe walking a mile a day more than my exercise. At the time I had babies and did a lot of rocking and nursing, but I pretty much was just stagnent anyway. It's nice to affirm, yes I have changed my lifestyle.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

Good Morning,
LetsGoMets, here's a recipe for Stuffed Zucchini:
2 lbs. zucchini
1/2 lb. ground meat browned
1/4 C. mayo
2 tea dehydrated onion flakes ( I use fresh)
2 tea parsley flakes
1 tea oregano leaves
1 tea salt
1 tea lemon juice
1/4 tea pepper
2/3 C. tomato (spaghetti) sauce

Halve zucchini, scoop out centers leaving 1/4 inch shell; place in shallow baking dish.
Coarsely chop centers; mix w/other ingrediants,(except sauce). Spoon mixture into shells and top w/ sauce bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.

Clyde- I live in Maryland. We also live fairly close to the Chesapeak Bay. My family is from the Tennesee North Carolina region, those are some georgeous mountains.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #38  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Clayr, thanks for the zucchini recipe! I am writing it down and bringing it home. My husband is the cook of our family so I'll let him have a crack at it. I think we even have all the ingredients on hand!

Also, I love your piece in your avatar. Last week, our department here at work had a team-building activity that consisted of a session at a pottery studio! We each got to make something and had a great time doing so. I made the simplest thing possible, a tray. Some people made vases. We didn't work with a pottery wheel, but the owner of the studio gave us a wonderful demonstration. Very cool! We'll get our pieces back once they've been glazed and fired (or is it the other way around!??). It was truly a fun and very different experience, and it was so cool to see the beautiful finished pieces on display around the studio.

Last edited by LetsGoMets; 08-05-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: to correct a typo
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #39  

LetsgoMets,

I think I am going to start rooting for your team. Those of us who live in MI are so disgusted with the Tigers. Their latest trade was enough to get me to jump off the bandwagon for supporting them. They could have traded Pudge, but to the YANKEES??? What were they thinking? Anyway..

I took a zucchini yesterday and cut it in thin round pieces. I dipped it in a scrambled up egg, and then dipped it in parmesan cheese. I lightly greased a cookie sheet with olive oil and then placed the zucchini rounds on the pan and baked them at 375 for 25 minutes. I didn't flip them because when I tried to, the cheese stuck. I probably should have used more oil, but didn't want the calories. Anyway, they were soft and flavorful. I will be doing more of them. Maybe this will give you another option for your zucchini?

Nine days into Phase 1 of the SBD and still doing well. Blood pressure was down this morning. We'll see what the doc says on Friday. I am waiting a couple of weeks before I shop for a couple of new things to "go back to school" wearing. Besides, I have multiple sizes of things...I am sure if I dig into the back of the closet, I will hopefully find something that fits that I haven't worn in a while. I still haven't gotten on the scale. I just want to feel better. I did walk today, although it was a shorter walk than normal as it is 82 degrees with 100 percent humidity this morning. It is supposed to be cooler tomorrrow. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/185/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi All!

Thanks Lovn for the get well e-mail - much appreciated. I remember my last journey for weight-loss - I tend to catch things easy, and every time I was down and out, it made it that much harder to get back into exercise. Too lazy by nature. This time around I feel more motivated, and I am hoping that keeping a blog and meeting up with you all (y'all ) that this will be the added kick in the butt I need.

I weighed myself this morning (usually weigh every Monday). I am down 2 lbs from last Monday. At my mom's yesterday, it showed a 7 lb lost which seemed highly unlikely - would've felt that! So, I like to keep to one scale.

All my shorts at the beginning of summer were tight and had that extra saddle-bag hump in them (yech!). Now they are loose (even from the wash!). Today I decided to pull some of my older, smaller shorts out - hey they are a bit loose too! Now that is motivation!

Going out to mow and weed today (have 3 acres to do )! That will keep me occupied while my kids are all away and the hubby off to work.

I wish all good success today! Keep plugging away - may not be pounds always - sometimes it's inches!

Shari
Old 08-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 222/212/160

LetsGoMets

Thanks I work very sculpturally, I actually prefer working without the wheel, handbuilding, I have also been making trays they are very useful. Even when I use the wheel I tend to add to the piece, like the face/mask on the pot in the avatar.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #42  

shari, that's terrific. There is really nothing better than fitting into those old shorts, skirts, tops, pretty undies..you get the picture. WTG!!!

DD is doing great at volley ball and I got in a 7.25 mile walk..it felt great..funny how a long walk with a friend feels great and one alone feels like ugh. My mom's coming for dinner..those of you who know me wish me luck..those of you who don't pray...it's MY MOM OVER FOR DINNER!!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #43  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Lovvn we went and saw Wall.E today. A really good movie I enjoyed it, bit sad though. Enjoy your dinner

I love it when I fit in clothes that I couldn't even fasten last year. Well done Shari those NSV's are always nice.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

I'm hot, tired, and PMSing.
Lovely combo

I have also started a lower carb regime as of yesterday that has left me a tch head achy and low energy.

Geez, I'm just a ball of joy.

-S
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #45  
Donna

Good Evening Everyone,

Well, I didn't walk yesterday, but I did go to yoga. I was surprised at how good it felt I was worried I'd be too sore. Today I met my parents to walk, usually we mall walk in the winter and walk the dogs at the park in summer, they didn't want to deal with the humidity this morning tho, so we went to the mall. I was pretty happy after we were done I got a couple of tops on clearance in non plus sizes . That always makes me feel better. We went to the gym tonight after dh got home from work/drs and after a week and half man did it kick my butt. Of course the bruises probably didn't help . Afterwards it was late and we didn't feel like cooking so we stopped for Mongolian barbecue for dinner. I'm proud of myself I drank water (wine is a big problem for me), and had brown rice instead of tortillas, so it was a mostly on plan meal . I figure if I can't stick to plan 1 week I'm in trouble.

sznn - Hope your feeling better.

Mets - Its usually fire, then glaze, then fire again. I worked as an interpreter in a pottery shop for a while, I can explain how it works in my sleep Good luck with the zucchini, thats how my mom used to cook them. I usually saute or grill them.

Shari - Yea on the NSV

Lovnmom - wow on all that walking. I'm pretty happy to get in 3 miles. Good Luck with your mom .

Clayr - looks like you've got your 30 posts. Good luck with that signature.

beffie, Kathy & library - welcome

Well I should get moving. The weather is supposed to break tonight, so I must walk the dog tomorrow he is a wild thing. Course dh is winding him up

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-05-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Closed Thread