Old 04-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #211  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Seawave: Hang in there this weekend! I am sure it is no fun waiting for results. Try not to stess out about it too much though. Unfortunately, you have no alternative but to wait. Hard to do!

Rennie: That's good that you have someone to make your bras. I actually have never heard of anyone making custom bras, so that's a good deal.

LetsGo: Isn't that funny that we are so happy when our doctors appointments are cancelled or postponed!?? I'm the same way. I had to reschedule this most recent one and I was thrilled that she didn't have an opening until June. Now... mess with my hair appt... I'm not so thrilled!

GT: I remember watching Biggest Loser and they said that the people there would have one day when they could eat what they really wanted. I don't think they could just pig out, but they could have whatever kind of food they wanted, like a free day. They said that it actually was good for their metabolism to shake things up. So, maybe the pizza was ok? Just trying to help!

Lovn: What's up with you?

Well we lost our baseball game last night, but again, it was a good game. My son had a little meltdown after striking out. I told him that while I understood why he was upset, that he wasn't setting a good example for the younger players on the team. He needs to understand that baseball is baseball and he needs to keep it in perspective.

Hair appt this morning with my daughter. I'm in need of a change, so we'll see what I come up with. Hope everyone else has a good weekend!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, It's freezing here and I'm having a hard time not getting ornery about it!! By freezing I mean 20+ mph winds and barely above 30*. It was 73* and sunny on Mon and we've steadily gotten yuckier every day since. It rained Wed, Thurs and Fri, but I got up and did Yoga Burn, fed the calf, got DD hair cut, now we're off to deliver some goat feed and then Culver's for lunch and some mild shopping at W-Mart. Lots to do, but a blah day. My children won't even start baseball practice until school is out in June. I though that meant easy weekends. Not so....I'd rather be at a ball game!!! Glad to hear you and Clyde are out there enjoying your's. Sleep update : The Sleepy Time Extra can be hard to find, but I know it's velarian root that is the Extra so, I looked for it at Wal-Mart the other day and it comes in a capsule form. I took just one capsule, rather than the recommended 3, last night and slept like I haven't in forever. Weekends my hubby leaves for work at 1am and typically I have to read to go back to sleep after he leaves. Last night I just rolled over and went right back out. I remember waking here and there, but I never stayed awake for any time. I am not a Dr of course so look it up for yourselves. Maybe it's right for more than me.
Have a good weekend!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #213  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Lovn I just looked up valerian root on google, looks like that I could use it as I have a lot of these symptons . Check it out

Symptom: Sleeplessness/Insomnia, Anxiety, Fatigue, Nervousness, Stress, Ulcers, Menstrual Cramps, Muscle Cramps, Pain, Spasms, High Blood Pressure

I don't have ulcers or spasms but the others, yeah.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #214  

It's not warm, but the sun is shining this morning. Alas, it's not to stay, but I'm going to enjoy it for now. Off to church this morning. The choir is singing a really nice rendition of Amazing Grace this morning. I'm looking forward to it. My mom thinks just my family is taking her to lunch to celebrate her birthday, but in fact all my siblings and some of her's will be there. This will actually be the 3rd "surprise" she's had. Now, if we can all play nice it'll be good!!!
Have a lovely Sunday and pray I have control at the buffet. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #215  
Diane

Very cold morning here today. The last couple of days have had really cold mornings. It is supposed to warm up quite a bit today and over the next few days. I hope so. The cold mornings have really taken its toll on my tulips. Oh well. At least they bloomed!

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Today I'm taking my son to the batting cages. We're going to have a talk about keeping sports in perspective. I don't want him to stress out over baseball. Football, yes... baseball, no. (I'm just kidding!!!!!!)

Then, I'll be working on laundry and cleaning up a little. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #216  

woo-hoo! I have lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks, and according to my scale, I am at 164! 29 pounds to go! (135 is my goal)
TRimom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #217  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default I swear i'm sabotaging myself again

I get most of the weight off and then start losing control of myself.

I'm going to get back to the 2 workouts a day again next week - less time to eat if i'm exercising.

Lovin - I love your dancing snoopy - that is too cute. Reminds me of our beagle wilson - weather there sounds rough - yesterday here it was sunny & warm - today kinda cloudy..

Gotta get off my tail and go mow the lawn before it rains..

C.
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

It's raining and gray here ... but warm. Welcome to late spring/early summer in the South!

Congrats on the weight loss, TRimom - I'm stuck at 170 right now ... but that's mostly my careless eating habits. Gotta watch those portions again.

I shot a wedding yesterday and it kicked my ... ahem. I got home at midnight and it took me a couple of hours to wind down. I woke up a little before noon and I'm sooooo stiff and sore. Even my fingers (and especially my camera hand) are stiff. I think a warm shower and something high protein and yummy for lunch might help.

But ack!! This is the beginning of my season - I have 8 more this month and it just keeps going from there. I gotta get back into shape for these or this will kill me!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #219  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Wow I went to see "Jersey Boys" today at the Fox theatre in St.Louis.

FANTASTIC. What a great show, the music was amazing. I was in the pit 3 rows from the front. Loved it.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:36 AM   #220  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clyde
Glad you had a nice time.

Photo
Oh I bet those are time consuming. Just watch what you are eating and I bet things will go in the right direction. Maybe do a little warm up and a bit of light stretching before you go on a shoot. Might make you feel nice and limber.

silly
I say the same thing about working out lol. If I am working out, if I am doing a hook rug I don't have time to eat lol.

Tri
Nice going on the loss. You are well on your way to that goal.

Slash
I had a couple of days of beautiful tulips and crocuses and then the cold did them in. I don't know if anyone else still does this. The lady that makes them, her daughter does also, has been making them for me all my life except a short time that she stopped because her hands were hurting to much.

Lovn
Amazing Grace is one of my all time favorite songs. Hope the get together went well and you all played nice.

Sea
She use to make me lovely bras. Now they are defeated balloon holders lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #221  

Diane, All that's bloomed here so far are crocus and daffodils. Neither of which have I, but my tulip leaves are up. I hope this crazy weather is over before they open. The batting cages sounds like fun. I have a feeling this summer will be the summer of stress in baseball. My son has opted to play Little League and Senior League both. Most of his peers had to move on to senior because of their age, but DS falls right in between the cut off.. Which means he'll be playing L.L. on a "not so good" team. (Last year's team went un defeated until tournament) I'm hoping he handles the losses well!!!

Trimom, great job! What else have you been up to?

Sillycat and Photo, My most recent plateau was Jan and Feb. I didn't drop a thing for two months straight. For me I know it's the fear of maintenance. Once I'm at goal how long will it take to start going back up? That's why I'm taking it so slow. I definitely want these changes to be lifelong. I don't want to start snarking up boxes of cookies and pans of brownies 2 days after hitting goal. Hang in there. Slow and steady wins the race?!?!

Clyde, That sounds like so much fun. A friend of mine is treating me to "A Mid Summer Night's Dream" on July 23rd. She's taking me to Spring Green, WI to the outdoor theater. The name is escaping me, but it's very popular. Very close to the House on the Rock. It's awful to be 43. Just as soon as I log off the name will come to me or maybe this afternoon when I'm thinking about something else!!!

Rennie, It was such a beautiful style. The congregation clapped when we were done. I'm not sure if that's appropriate, but we just chalked it up to everyone loving that particular song. Have you been doing any singing since all your Christmas caroling? We did all play nice and I didn't have to worry about overeating. The food was not that good, but my children enjoyed the breakfast foods on the buffet so I didn't feel like I waisted my money. My mother was very surprised and very pleased.

Today is all about housework and Cub Scouts and then the rest of the week is pretty much dance recital related. By the end of the week DD and I both will be glad it's over!!! I ordered her a cool gold medal. It's a spinner type with a hip hop dancer in the middle. I had the back engraved with C ____ Rocked "Smooth Criminal" 2008. Of course she'll have to have flowers and stuff too, but the medal will be a keeper that really surprises her. Well, time to get the masses off to school.
Have a great Monday!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #222  
Diane

So, I had a malfunction yesterday with my clothes washer hose and filled some of my mud room with water. Well, that's where my scale is and now it isn't working. While I don't mind not seeing the numbers, I hate to have to buy another scale. I took it as a sign that I shouldn't weigh myself today. Maybe next week!

No baseball games until Friday this week. I have an ice cream social to go to with my daughter at the new school she will attend next year. She'll be in 8th grade and they put the 8-9th grade in a different school, mainly due to overcrowding. That will be fun to see.

Glad everyone had a good weekend.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Hey all. Just a quick check in, we won't know more about the situation at work until Thursday. Rumor has it they got enough volunteers, just not necessarily in the locations they wanted. Which could mean some volunteers are told no, they have to stay and others get the dreaded 60 day layoff letters. At this point I just want some kind of positive action already!

BTW, for those of you who diligently track your calories and are wondering why things don't seem to be working out as well as they theoretically should be . . . check your supplements. Not necessarily your vitamins, your supplements. My Fish Oil (4xday) are 25 calories each. The Flax Seed? 15 each, I take 2. The liquid Chondrotin is 20 . . . For me that's 150 calories a day I wasn't aware of. Because of their make-up, if you're taking either fish oil or flax seed do not consider taking Alli. Not a good combination. The things we learn when we have to slow down and look at stuff!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #224  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

kappy
Hope things get straightened out soon.

Slash
Oh what a mess that must have been. You have fun with your daughter.

lovn
No, I haven't been singing. I am just involved with the kids at Christmas time. A few times a year I sing with the choir but just for special things.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #225  

Diane, It's nice the kids will get a chance to look around the school and familiarise themselves a little before they have to actually attend. You and your daughter will enjoy that time together and maybe some of her fears about changing schools will be lessened.

Kappy, You make such a great point about the supplements. Especially the fishoil. I would bet very few people ever read the label for calories on anything in pill form. I enjoy canned salmon on wheat crackers for lunch and eat about 1 can a week so I do not take the supplement. In my 30's I took calcium, fishoil, and a daily vitamin...in my 40's I haven't been taking anything, but I should probably rethink that. I hope you get good news at work soon.

Today DS is off to the "Batte of the Books." The 6th grade class is given a list of 50 books at the beginning of the school year. They read as many as they can and then compete amongst their class. The top 3 go on today to compete against 12 other schools. DS says they haven't got a chance of winning, but they get to eat at a Culver's on the way home so it's all good!!! Tonight DD has tech rehearsal for the dance recital. That's the easiest one. No makeup, costume or hair required. Well, I'm not sending her bald, but you know what I mean. As for me...I've gotten another red angus calf. He's smaller than the first one, but much healthier. His momma was taking care of him, but something went wrong with her milk production. This morning's feeding should be interesting. I'll be alone with only one bottle. I'm betting the fight will be on. It's suppose to be in the 50's here today I should probably exercise it's been a while!!
Have a nice Tuesday!