Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default just need a little support today

I'm not sure what my deal is, but I could really use some encouragement/words of wisdom.

A few weeks ago, I went to see a nutritionist who went over my diet/exercising habits, tested my thyroid (normal) and confirmed that I was doing precisely what I should be doing in order to lose weight the healthy way.

However, I have yet to see the pounds come off the way she said I could expect them to based on my routine. I even keep my carbohydrate intake below 40% (she suggested I keep it below 50%, which seemed a little high to me).

On the up side, I do see my endurance increasing during my exercise, and I physically feel better (except for today where I have mysterious nausea), but I remain fat.

Yes, it's a lifestyle change. Yes, I intend to stick with it, but I'm just a little discouraged today.

Thanks for listening, guys
Lilstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #2  

I know how you feel. I lose weight incredibly slowly. But you have a great NSV hidden in your post, which is your increase in strength and stamina! I would LOVE to have that.

It's tough when the numbers don't move in the way we would like to, however exercise has been known to increase weight temporarily because your muscles are not used to the increase in activity and hold onto as much water as possible. Don't let the scale discourage you and focus on how much better your exercise is going, how much better you feel, etc. You're reaping the benefits already!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hi, are you tracking your caloric intake using livestong.com or some other online tool? It may be that you are underestimating your intake. It is easy to do, by the way, and you wouldn't be the first person to think you were consuming less than you really are. Myself included.

Yes, I recognize the irony, since I just make a post saying I was going to quit calorie counting and tracking!

Either way, hang in there. The process of losing weight can be, at times, frustrating.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #4  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I feel for you. I have started this on June 28 with almost daily exercise and eventually counting calories. I am hypothyroid and a type 2 diabetic. I have only lost 5 lbs. It is very slow going for me. But like you I am building endurance with my exercising. At first I could only walk 30 min at 2.3 mph then gradually worked that up to 2.9. I am doing a fitness video Walking away the pounds by Leslie Sansone and at first a mile killed me. Today I pushed thru 2 miles and am very proud of myself.

So pick out the things that you are accomplishing and concentrate on them.

Take one day at a time and remember that there are people on her who care
Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the support, guys! I really appreciate it

And, yes, Rachinma -- I am using livestrong.com to count calories, and I have been very careful, going over with my Nutritionist what "one serving" of various food items actually looks like. I've also been measuring out things like cereal, rice and pasta, and cooking food that give me oz weight of meats, etc.

So there is still a little estimation going on, but by and large, I'm pretty accurate.

What made you decide to stop calorie counting?
Lilstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote