View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Mommy in Motion
Dagny

S/C/G: 145/140.8/115

Height: 5'5"

ncuneo- I had the same problem when I was close to goal. My husband was very supportive when I was losing weight the first time around, and I managed to go from 178-125 lbs.

Once I got into the 120's though- he would encourage more and more meals out, bring home snacks, etc... and seem disappointed if I didn't want to go with him. It got worse when we moved back to our home state and we were surrounded by family and friends. No one had seen me since I was at my highest weight- and they couldn't understand that I wasn't quite ready to "stop"

I made a lot of excuses for giving into the pressure- it had been so long since I had a nice meal out on the spur-of-a-moment, or because I wanted to see friends, or to "keep the peace" (we lived with my in laws for awhile). But, the real problem was a lack of will power and confidence to say NO to food pushers and keep doing what I knew was best for me. 20lbs heavier now- I am trying to undo all that damage!

Anyway- all that rambling and what I was trying to say is, I've been there, and I understand how hard it can be to lose that support. But good for you for sticking to your guns!

~Dagny
Mommy in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote