Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1066

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hi everyone! even though i haven't been exercising or eating well, i'm feeling pretty good today and thought i'd just pop in real quick to say hi! and i hope everyone has a great thanksgiving holiday. and, just since i won't be able to use them for another year......

zelma--the clip of you on a current affair was great! you look awesome! and could your kids be any cuter? you should be very proud of what you've accomplished! you are certainly an inspiration and it was so neat to be able to put a voice with the pictures and posts!

sharon--i'm so glad that your medicine seems to be working out! your last post sounded really happy! i'm glad you're feeling better!

ammi-- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! i hope you have a wonderful day! and don't be too hard on daren for the tattoo---i have one too, they're not so bad!!

well, i probably won't be back until after the holiday, so everybody have a great rest of the week! lori
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #3  

Ammi now how did i know Darins tattoo would be from everquest lol! good shopping for you feels good to be done i have 2 more to buy for and thats it. my cold was lousy this morning but better right now. still waitng on my company! hope your tongue gets better soon. and again happy annivsary!
voodoo... i am feeling somewhat better tonight thanks for asking!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 364 (HW)/251(CW)/170(FWG)

Height: 5'4"

You guys are such an inspiration! I am glad I finally found a place where I do not feel cheated because I am the biggest gal and everyone else is 150lbs and complaining they are FAT.. that drives me nuts! I hope that I can get to know some of you and learn from all of you and shed these extra lbs! Like one persons stuff I was reading, I am lucky to not have the medical problems ( YET!). But I want to live long enough to see my kids graduate and have children. And I would love to shock everyone around me who think I am not be "best catch". I was one of those 145lb 38-24-36 out of high school.. hahaha not anymore... About 2 yrs out of high school my metabilism hit a brick wall and was around the same time hubby had me start eating home cooked meals...

Anyways wanted to let you guys know I am looking at your achievments as inspirations for me. I hope to be someone elses muse someday!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 PM   #5  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Hi everyone! The work week is over for me,thank goodness. I'm all ready for the long holiday weekend I'm off until Monday! I plan to go to my sister's house for dinner.

Xena- sounds like your Gazelle is really encouraging some modivation in you. I have never enjoyed exersise,although I don't mind walking. What does it say the weight limit is on one of those things anyway? I keep amagining myself on one in my mind and expect it to come crashing to the floor!! Well I'm glad it's helping you.

Hi Sharon- I look farward to more "surprises" maybe in a few months when I dig in the back of my closet and put on clothes that I have'nt been able to wear in 5 years or more. won't that be great! I'm glad that your meds are working and that you feel better.

Kymberly- Hi girl! Good luck in your efforts to quit smoking. I've never smoked but I've been told that for most people it's very difficult.

Hello Ammi-I can't wait till' my pants start to droop! I've been down this road before and I remember all of the plesent results of losing weight, I really want to make it for good this time. And I hope you have a nice anniversary!

Mechell- TOM is here for me too. I'm not sure if I'll lose anything this week, my feet are swollen and my ovaries are screaming! But my appitite is fine and I'm ready for the turkey dinner tommorow.

Angel-You have lost 2lbs. that's great! That's 8 sticks of butter! And yah,wisdom teeth are a bummer. I still have all of mine and none of them are in very good shape. I've got one thats broken and needs to be pulled, I'm not looking farward to that.

Patti- I hope you shake your cold soon it sounds misrable.

Zelma- Great video! Thanks for sharing. Gee! You're a tv star now!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #6  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

I'm back! pushed the wrong button again...Okay .

StormieAngel- I look farward to getting to know you too and wish you luck in the weight loss progress I'm sure you'll make!!

That's all for me for today, Hope you all have a good holiday!!! bye for now Colleen.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #7  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Zelma, great clip! I love watching you move instead of being a stationary image on my screen...ROFL

Good Job! :-)
Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Wow I am so far behind it is hopeless to even try to get caught up but wanted to pop in and give it a try!

StormieAngel... So glad you are here! Congratulations on your four pound loss... yay you are off to a great start! You will be surprised at how quickly you see your ticker move to the right!

Sandy... LOL about your comment about putting a cup of water in the microwave instead of a plate.... well... I didn't KNOW the plate was in there. I put a little saucer in there to put my coffee mug on and forgot to take it out. But oh well my new one has a timer AND I got the Gazelle computer put together finally.

Xena, so glad you are liking your Gazelle! You are right of course... it is not "magic" but it sure does help give a low impact workout! I love it because I can zoom along and get up some speed!

Wezi, I don't know the difference between the Gazelles you mentioned... but to clarify... they ALL fold. I visited a lot of websites looking for one but ended up finding one locally by shopping around all over the place.

Zelma, thanks for sharing the video. Love it! What a super example you are to all those kids! I love what you said about motivation and that instead it was commitment!!!! Soooooo right!

Ammi sorry to be late...but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope it was super!

Colneen, you question about the Gazelle was for Xena but I will pop in her with an answer. The weight limit depends on which model you buy. Here is a good comparison chart.

http://www.fitnessquest.com/images/c...tlgazelles.htm

I think I am going to give up on specific responses for now as I am soooooooooooooooo far behind LOL!

Sooooo glad the work week is over and I have four days yay!!! But I woke up this morning wanting to go shopping and of course I can't because everything is closed. Oh well.

I DID go last night and find a top to wear to our company Christmas party. I didn't want to spend much since I am losing weight and I have never been to one of the parties but I promised my friend that if I could find a top to wear with my black pants I would go. She made me promise to spend up to $30 which is not much in this expensive city. And nothing is ever long enough.

Well... I did NOT want to go shopping on busy busy Friday so I went to the mall last night after work. I could not believe at Lane Bryant I found a perfect lacy tunic to wear over a black tank type top. It was $50 and I was saying to the clerk it was perfect but I didn't want to spend that much as I am losing weigh and won't be able to wear it long term. She said to say I had left some type of card at home and they would give it to me for half price. I said no I can't do that as it is a lie and I don't have any card, etc... I guess most people do it to get the sale prices... so she said well let ME check you out and I will give it to you for $25. So I did! So now I have to go to the party oops! It will be kind of fun though since I will be sitting with my good friend and the group at work she hangs out with. I know them but not as well since they are in the lab and I am office (I work at a biotech lab).

Blessings to everyone!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 345/330/160

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thanksgiving to All you Ladies!!!

Well today I was down one LB. I don't think that it will stick! (or stay unstuck..LOL) But thats ok! Iwill manage just fine. Anyways everyone have a wonderful day!!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #10  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Sharon, CONGRATS!!!I am so glad you're feeling better. I know exactly how you had been feeling. I know the relief you have. I'm just very, very happy for you......and relieved too. :woo hoo: on your loss! You're on a great run.

Ammi, COOL! on Daren's tattoo. I don't have one, but I'd really like to. Andy, DH, freaks out when I talk about it. One day, I'm just gonna go get it. Both my grown sons want to take me to make sure I go to a good, clean shop. I just want a butterfly or a dragon fly or a lady bug. I'll definitely get one....I think I'll uses it as a reward for a weight loss journey goal. I'm so sorry about your mouth ulcers. They sound dreadful.I just can't imagine.
I certainly hope the doctor can give you something for relief. This is silly to say, but I swear by vitamin c. I wonder if it would help you. And, don't worry about not exercising. You were walking and walking while shopping and carrying your packages.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND DAREN. :HUG:

Stormie Angel I love it here too and totally agree with those that weigh 150 or even 130 and whine that they're fat. It's really kinda insulting isn't it?

Misti, I thought I was the only one who left something in the microwave that had been forgotten. (mine was actually a dinner plate I'd used for potatoes)
I'm glad you love your new microwave. COOL on getting the gazelle computer on. I'm still waiting on ds to help me with mine. I have been walking every day though so that's progress for me. on your outfit for your holiday party. My company throws an AWESOME party at a popular pub/restaurant here. It's all the champage you can drink, a mongo buffet with anything you can imagine.....including chilled shrimp. Beside the champagne it's easy to stay op there cuz of all the fresh fruit, veggie variety AND the SHRIMP!, lean roast beef, turkey, ham, meatballs etc. There's darts, pool tables, a volleyball spot, dancing. It's just a blast. And, it's a family event so you can take your kids.....you just have to leave before people start getting really loaded.
I can't wait to go. My family will sit with my friend and her husband & step sons. We finalized our plan just yesterday. I hope you have as good of a time as we will.

Chiema on you loss! I was actually up 2 pounds this week, but I'm not freaking out.

We had our Thanksgiving carry in yesterday at work. O M G at the food! There was ham, turkey provided by my employeer. Then we brought all the sides. And, they had snacky foods out before the meal. I was very good and stayed away from the cheese balls. (once i start on those i can't stop!), stayed away from the lucious donuts, chips etc. In fact I did good at lunch too. I had little servings (like 1/4 cup) of macaroni & cheese noodles, mashed potatoes, about 4 bites of the ham and turkey, raw veggies, a little piece of watermelon and a little pineapple chunk.
Then.......I was terrible! There was home made pecan pie, blueberry cheese cake, a million kind of brownies, pumpkin pie, blah blah blah......I had the pecan pie, one brownie, a little piece of blueberry cheese cake *that looked great, but wasn't wonderful at all* and a soup spoon full of banana pudding. It gave me a terrible, terrible headach and indigestion. What I get, huh?

Today my dad is coming over.
Abby and I had a busy morning. My turkey is in the oven with stuffing. I made my sugar free home made whole cranberry sauce (to die for), sugar free pumpkin custard (like pumpkin pie, but no crust), I sliced up sweet potatoes and dabbed them with butter.(i hate the ones with brown sugar and marshmallows) They'll go in the oven in a couple hours. My potatoes for garlic mashed potatoes are scrubbed and cut up, I have stock ready for my famous gravy, green beans....not green bean cassarole, will go on the stove when the turkey comes out. My dough is rising for rolls. (my dad hasn't had homemade rolls in years)
No snacky food at our house today. So, if I eat too much dinner, it's still better than what has gone on in this house in the past.

Well, I have to work tomorrow so I may not have time to log on again til Saturday.
Take care every one, enjoy your friends and family.

Sandy
Old 11-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

I hope each and every one of you have an
absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #12  

Wishing everyone a truely Happy Thanksgiving Day!

(Even if you don't celebrate it - may you find something to be thankful for this day!)
Old 11-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #13  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone HAPPY THANKSGIVNG!! I hope everyone is doing well. I hope to do some personals this week.
AMMI: the tatoo sounds cool, i have one, i love it, and i want another if i ever get to my wt goal

Be thankful for all your blessings
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Praying God's richest blessings on each one of you!!!

Well I had a couple of super NSVs today... besides being able to jog my entire "walking trail" and back.

I went shopping and found pants that were NOT in the Plus Sizes and no "P" on the tag! AND the XL were too big so I had to get the Large. I can NEVER find pants that don't have huge butt and legs, which I don't have. Oh and they were 40% off -- only $18 a pair. I bought two pair of Large... they are kind of snug in the stomach but otherwise fit great and I think they will stretch out when I wear them. THEN I bought three pair of MEDIUM (GASP!!) which I can actually get into and pull all the way up. They are tighter than I will wear them but wanted to grab them for my "later" stash!

Also when I was talking to the clerk and as to buying both sizes, etc., I was explaining I had lost weight and plan to lose more she actually said... "You don't look fat!" GASP! I was stunned! Of course I know I AM still fat but it is so nice to start hearing this kind of thing from people and to feel I am reaching "middle of the road" at least.

OH! Also I keep trying to measure but by myself it is hard. But I tried and especially the "band size" right under my boobs I was floored... FOUR inches smaller than last time I measured! I think the reason my boobs don't measure that much smaller is that they are always so stuffed into my bra that they really ARE getting smaller; it is just not as obvious and they don't pop out the sides so much LOL.

Oh and also other measurements were down quite a bit too... as I said can't tell exactly how much since it is hard to measure myself right. But I DO think that is a lot of the reason my scale is not going down is that I am building muscle. In any case I AM getting smaller even if the scale doesn't show it!!

Blessings to everyone
Old 11-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #15  

happy thanksgivng everyone! welcome Sharon this is the spot to be! thanks for the well wishes Colneen1i had a wonderful thanksgivng with my family! i didnt do too bad on eating i dont think.. a little more sweets but boy was it great! got one more day of it to get through on sat then its time to hit the weight loss hot and heavy again!again happy thanksgivng and NO GUILT for everyone today!
Closed Thread