Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #16  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Good afternoon ladies!
Today has been nice, lazy but nice. I took a nice long walk this morning while DD & DH were out of the house. Once they got back we all laid down for a nap & ended up sleeping close to 4 hours! So didn't get much of anything accomplished today but it was a nice family snuggle time.

Val: wow, one new job & a second offer. Thats great! Funny that you are going from a Truck Driver at the beginning of the week to an Office Worker at the end.
I really laughed at your cornbread post. I'm sure it wasn't too funny to you since you in the middle of the "battle" but the post was very funny. I laughed out loud at the part where you list stuff to do. DD looked at me like I was nuts (geesh, I get that look alot!)

Sharon: hope you are feeling 100% soon. I think its great that you keep posting even if you aren't OP right now. I bet subconsciously it keeps you a little more "OP" then you think!

Nancy: Sorry you didn't see a big weight los this week. But you are totally right, its more important how you feel. If you feel great, then you're a loser! That sounds weird but you get my point.

Lavendel: Hope your Dad is ok.
Mmmmmm.... sexy assistant, sign me up for two!

Maria: Hey! You don't know me but I was a regular lurker when you were around earlier this year. I wondered where you went. Glad your life is going so well. Bravo on keeping that weight off! Try not to work too hard. Great to see you posting again!

Chiema: Big congras on your loss!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #17  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I'm going to rush a few messages in before heading off to school a little earlier to get ready for our zoo excursion. We have had a few early morning showers, but it is supposed to be fine for the rest of the day. I certainly hope so, as getting rained on with 100 kids around doesn't sound like much fun to me.

I had the TV crew from A Current Affair out at school again yesterday. I'm not sure if it stemmed from the magazine article I was in on Wednesday or not. That article was kinda a mix about how Neil and I met, and my weight loss. I suppose the whole idea was that I "Lost weight for love" because I wanted to be around for MANY more years to be with Neil. Anyway, the segment on A Current Affair is about three inspirational women around Australia. I think we are all weight loss inspirations, but I don't know anything else about the other women except that they live on the east coast. We had fun again with the TV crew. They took footage inside the classroom, then outside while we ate our lunch. They interviewed the kids, then Neil and I. Then Neil and I had to go down to a local park and walk around while we were filmed. It made for a very hectic day, as I was called early in the morning and then spent a LONG time trying to call parents to get permission for the kids to be on TV again. I only ended up with a little time to get my reports written, but hopefully it will be worth it to get my story out there again. The reports don't have to be handed in until the end of next week, but I was hoping to have them finished this week. I should be able to get the comments written up over the weekend, then just insert them at school on Monday. We are working on a program that 'can' be used from home, but is much easier at school.

Anyway... that is about all the news from me.

Valerie - It seems as though EVERYONE wants you now. That is fantastic. I hope you love your first day at your new job tomorrow. And I also hope that you won the fight with the cornbread mix. Hopefully it is at the bottom of the bin by now.

Sharon - I'm SO glad that your doctor seems more his normal self now and he is willing to up your medication. I hope things brighten up for you soon.

Ammi - I don't think I told you that it is wonderful that you are able to exercise again. I had to chuckle at how excited you sounded about getting onto the gazelle again.

Maria Lucia - WELCOME BACK!!!! I've missed you! All of your news sounds simply fantastic! You have made the most incredible changes in your life and you have certainly come out the other end smiling. Your business sounds as though it is going to be extremely successful. Just don't work yourself TOO hard once you are in great demand. It truly is wonderful to hear you being so positive about life now.

Chiema - Congratulations on being 2lbs down! Isn't it wonderful when all your hard work pays off. It is great that your body is responding to the fresh kick start that you have given it.

Lavendal - Sorry to hear about your dad. Do they know what is wrong with him? I hope things improve for him soon and that your life can get back to normal soon. I hope you managed to get through your day being OP and you woke up cheering. Oh... and the sexy male assistant certainly sounds like a good idea to me.

Wyllen - I understand the feeling that you have SO much else to do, but you just want to come on here. I have that same feeling all the time, and then wonder why I still have SO much to do, but SOOOO much time has passed. Oh dear... are there any 3FC'ics anonymous clubs out there?

Patti - How did you get along with the housework and the treadmill? Did they get done, or did you find something more interesting to do? I hope you had a great day.

Andie - It sounds as though your 'snuggle time' was just what you needed. You certainly must have needed the rest if you managed to sleep for that long. Mind you, I find that going for long walks often makes me quite tired. I hope you all feel nicely refreshed.

Well, I had better dash off now. I have a LOT of things to do before we head off. I was awake at 2am worrying about it all and writing notes so I wouldn't forget. I may fall asleep on the bus home today, now matter HOW noisy the kids are. Yeah right!!

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 11-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello Chickies~~

I am like Maria Lucia in that I haven't been here in a while. I think it's been at least a month. There's just so much going on in my life--both good and bad--that I just can't make myself come here. No, I don't know why. I think it's because a sick part of me actually likes being depressed and bummed out. Not that I'm clinically depressed or anything--just that my relationship is pretty much kaput now--after fourteen and a half years--and I'm looking for an apartment that will let me have my 3 beautiful dachshunds. *sigh* That's a tough thing because people just don't want dogs in their apartments anymore. :P

Before I say anything else, let me say hi to everyone who knows me and I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. And for any newbies, my name is Vicki and I used to post here a lot more. This is a great site and these ladies are awesome!

The good thing is that I'm now down to 224 lbs. and I'm hoping the scale actually says less than that tomorrow morning. So I guess that it means that even though my life has gone to pot--I am now a healthy eater for the most part. Darn it! There's a part of me that thinks that it was so much easier to just "stuff" all of those negative feelings down instead of dealing with them right away. Does anyone else feel this way?

Great job on the weight loss Ammi. I noticed it was now down 87 lbs. You go girl!

Maria Lucia--good to see you and I'm glad you aren't bummed out about your ex anymore and I'm so excited for you about your business. Good luck with getting back to the gym. It's the hardest part for me too and I'm hoping that I'll actually get my butt back there on Monday. I have my "friend" and I just don't want to go now, if you know what I mean. I feel so yucky.

Val--I'm so happy for you about your new job. Things will work out, I know that you'll be okay. I don't know what happened with your hubby because I've only read a little so I can't comment on that. And guess what? I now have my CDL and I drive school busses. It's not a bad job, but it's not a lot of hours.

Well I would like to comment some more, but I have to go and check on my dogs. It's time for them to go out and that's always a dangerous time for me to not be paying attention to them. You all have a great night.

Vicki
Old 11-16-2006, 07:29 PM   #19  

Hey everyone.....just a quick post.

to anyone new or to anyone who has come back!

Valerie~I am so happy to hear you got another job! Good luck!

I hope to do more personals when I get back home. And to all of you who are going through some rough stuff right now...I hope you are doing ok!

As for me...I have been literally stuck in the hotel room and resting. My wounds from my biopsies are not doing so great. The one on my head is doing fine...its also the smallest. The one on my side is really painful and having to really watch it. The one on my breast is a huge wound thing. Its a good bit bigger than a dime and it started to get infected. We called the nurse and basically they were like you clean it out and watch it or go to the ER. So I had to literally dig out the wound!!!! Sorry if that was TMI!! But basically if it does not get better by tonight I have to go to ER. But its looking much better since I cleaned it really really well. And if that wasn't enough TOM started early! Its all annoying...but hey I have to look on the bright side...it all could be way worse!! I am just ready for this week to be over!

I hope you all are doing well! Have a great night!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #20  

Zelma i handled both my treadmill and housework very well today... got in my whole 70 minutes of exercise i am proud to say!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

MARIALUCIA -- Sooo good to see you back! I'm glad you are doing well and maintaining your loss. I've been wondering about you.

I'm glad you mentioned you haven't been back to the gym, because, MariaLucia, WE NEED YOU!!!!! Our exercise thread is rockin' and we are trying to make our goal of 200,000 minutes of exercise this year! Wouldn't it be fun to help us get there??!! You KNOW It would!!! You were soooo kickin it earlier this year.

Vicki -- 224!! -- change your ticker, girl, and WELCOME BACK!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #22  
MakingChanges...

Hello All, I don't have much time .. it has been a looonnngg day and I am ready to hit the sack. I just wanted to check-in with the boards because I have been M.I.A. the past couple of days. I plan to catch up on the forums and personals this weekend when I FINALLY can get a break .... er, I Hope! I hope every one is doing good! Congrats to all who lost and to those who stayed on track with their exercises the past few days. I wish I could report good news but I have def slacked in both areas with all this overtime at work. There is light at the end of the tunnel though .. we have brought in a temp at work so hopefully the load should lighten up in the next few weeks! WooHoo!!! Then maybe I can get my eating and exercising routine going again.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I am thinking about you and I hope everyone has a great Day tomorrow! I'm off to bed!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #23  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Thank you all for the condolences to my family and I. My nieces heart is so broken over this and it is hard to see her hurt so bad, Only time can help her with that. I will remember her son as a sweet little boy with lots of energy. The last time I saw him he was jumping on his trampoline,dirty from head to toe, a snotty nose, wearing nothing but his his winter boots and underwear And of course he wanted a kiss from me before I left. good news about his sister, she should make a full recovery and is improving every day.
More good news is that today is my weigh in day and I lost 4lbs. It's not what I expected because I did'nt journal my food like I should have although I stuck to proper portions without a binge. I am determined to get back on track this week.

rlandry-welcome to you and

sharon- There is no cornbread in England?!!! (Ahhh- we all know what a big slab of warm cornbread with gobs of butter or hunny can do to us here,right girls?)

Maria- I'm a binge eater too and suffer from depression as well. This forum has helped me cope with temptations and traumatic happenings in my life without a binge. I have'nt been here long but I feel that just reading what other people have to say is helpful to me even when I don't feel like communicating. It has become my new 'coping skill'.I'ts nice to meet you and I'll look farward to your posts.

Sandy congrats on the 2lbs. yay!

Vicki-Nice to meet you! You've done a awsome job losing weight! You were saying something about stuffing down feelings and I think I have a habbit of doing it also,journaling has helped me. Just writing things down helps me dump the load so to speak. There are things I write in there that I can't tell anyone else,but it makes me feel a little better.And some of the other stuff I put here at 3fc.

Michelle- I hope your biopsy wounds get better soon, it sound painful.
take care.

Toofatforu-great work with the exercise. That's something I have to work on.I have'nt been moving much except at work.

Almost bed time I'll end it here, bye! colleen.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:00 PM   #24  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone! Its great to see so many new posts. i literally have a pen and paper so i dont miss anyone, lol. these threads are moving fast, and i love it
RAVEN ELIZABETH: Im glad to see you back. congratulations on the wt loss

NONAMESLEFT; the 4 hr nap sounded awesome! i love taking a nap in the afternoon when i am off, it makes me feel so much better. I havent been watching the Biggest Loser, but it sounds like a wonderful show.

WYLLENN: I know what you mean about time to post, i have tons of stuff i need to be doing, but i literally look forward to reading and posting here each day. It makes me feel more accountable somehow.

TOOFATFORU: Im happy your cold is gone You are doing great with the excersise!

VALERIE: Congratulations on the new job! I am very happy for you. Maybe you can complete your masters program now.

LILLION: Hope your night is going well. The shopping spree is getting close for you

VOODOO: Im glad your doctor gave you a different strength/pill to try. i hope it helps you. i love reading your posts, and we all have times we are not OP or excersising, trust me.

NOTTHECHEAT: I noticed you mentioned you quit smoking. that is something i am attempting at the moment. any advice you have is certainly appreciated. the facility i work at went smoke free today, so needless to say, it was a "fun" day for me, lol

LAVANDEL: I hope your dad is ok. i also hope you are feeling better. perhaps as someone already mentioned, you may not be getting enough calories, and the moods and irritability are from that? the juice sounds good

MARIALUCIA: Im so glad to see you back! i was MIA when you posted regularly, but i always kept up with the boards from afar, and i always loved your posts! Congrats on the new business, and i am very happy you are feeling better! Please post often

CHIEMA: Way to go on the wt loss! Doesnt it feel good to know, when we get off track we can get back on just as fast?

ZELMA: You are becoming quite the celebrity You deserve all the attention you are getting. You have inspired many people!

DOLFINGIRL: Welcome back! i was MIA when you posted regularly, but i am back and committed to sticking around. im sorry you have had a rough 6 months You will find lots of comfort and support here!

MECHELLE: Im sorry you are feeling bad. if your biopsy sites are draining,red, extremely painful , you need to see your doctor. i hope you get to feeling better soon.

RAYNE: Glad to see you posting. i know your looking forward to a weekend off

AMMI: I am going to check on a Gazelle sometime next week when im off. i may have lots of questions for you

JILL: Hope you get more sleep than you did the other night. i noticed you sometimes post early like i sometimes do. i hate getting up at 5 or before

MISTI: We have posted at the same time quite a few nights, lol. if i miss your post again, just wanted to say hi,and i hope you are doing well

ZIGGY: Your pix are good! i can see the difference in the two, congratulations!

ALLICE E: if i didnt already mention it, your dog is adorable

VILLANDRA, KAYLEY, KATT, XENA, ELMAY,LOOKING FOR HOPE, BRANDNEWME, SHADIEPUPRLE, ANNIE: HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL

ME: Well as i mentioned above, today was a hard day for me. if i didnt already mention it, i am a smoker, trying to quit. the facility i work at, went "smoke free" today, so today was a challenge. I do have an RX for a nicotine inhaler; it is helping alot. thankfully, i didnt overeat, i really wasnt hungry. Anyway, i am really hoping to quit smoking.........without gaining wt. We will see what happens. anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble and i hope everyone has a great night
Old 11-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/325/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Hola!!

Hiya all - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Okay, so I did okay during my trip:

1. Excercised all days but one (I forgot socks, and got blisters from excercising without socks)
2. Ate....ok. Could have done better.

Big news however - I realized that I forgot clothes to travel home, and so I had to go buy some jeans. Not 28.....26 - and they are loose (probably could have gone one size lower, but why push it). Honestly, I don't think I have lost weight, mostly I've lost "space" but I will take it.

I actually decided that I'm not going to officially weigh myself until 01/01/07. I think that I am putting on too much emphasis on weight versus 'space' and so I want to continue to exercise, and weigh myself then.

Is that silly?

I only caught up on this post: Valerie, congrats on the job.

**Mexican Cornbread** Yummmy!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #26  

Well, nothing good to report here: I couldn't get my perscription done since they are $40 a month!! I can't afford that monthly! Eating has been over my limit a bit the last day or so, but not too bad. The one thing that bugs me though is I've been having a bad TOM and I was too uncomfortable from it to exercise yesterday. And today I didn't get to make up for it either - and I haven't done my weight training yet. (My TOM comes about every 3 months, and now this year it has decided each time to "catch up"...yes, you read right...3 weeks periods every 3 months! I'm at nearly 3 weeks already and I can't take it anymore, it's so uncomfortable now.) I just feel like sleeping all day...I don't feel like doing anything. But I know eating normally without exercise = GAIN! I don't want to go back into the 320's! Sigh...I was thinking of treating myself and getting my hair colored - can't really afford it, but that's why it's a treat! A REALLY light brown with some chocolate brown low lights is what I was thinking...should I? I wanted to not only have more weight loss since my parents last saw me, but a new look as well - more dramatic that way. I've never had hair that light before either...pretty much everything but that: orange-red, red-red, all medium to dark brown, and pitch black....never a super light brown (pretty much dark blonde) - I'm so worried that it'll be too different or won't suit me and I would've spent all that money just to need to color over it. So, would it suit me, ladies? Help, lol. Hope everyone is well. to those who aren't!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #27  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Today was a good day. The wind finally stopped blowing so hard! I actually got to go outside without being knocked over!!
I did pretty good today with my food choices. Im feeling really good about my weight loss and I cant wait to see more...Im glad that everyone is doing great. The threads are moving very fast and I love it also.

Kymberly- It feels great to be back on here. I was having withdrawels LOL...

Jill and Andie- Thanks for the support....I hope you both are doing great with your weight loss as well.

To everyone else...Keep up the good work and have a good one...
Raven
Old 11-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! Weight went down to 293, and hopefully, once TOM is over with, that last 3 pounds that I "gained" will be gone!

Got a new camera, so I'll be posting more pics sometime soon.

Been busy the past couple days, but I'm going to try and stay caught up at work today!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #29  
Believe

Height: 5"7

A quick good morning to all! just wanted to say hello, before im off to work.
SEATTLEGIRLL: Congratulations on the smaller jean size! about the weigh in, that is exactly the feelings i have, less emphasis on the scale, more on the smaller clothing sizes and way i feel.
VILLANDRA: Im sorry to hear about the cost of your meds. i agree RX prices are ridiculous, i dont know what i would do without my insurance! As for TOM, you need to get that checked out, that is totally not normal! The hair color sounds beautiful and i think would look great on you!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Have a great day at work, Kymberly! I'm heading off to work as well...
Closed Thread