Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #16  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks Lori ... Im not going to let the loss of Gail get me depressed ... she was too inspirational to remember her in that way ... Im gonna think of her watching over me and keep pushing myself knowing that she would be cheering me on

As its 4 months down on my journey (16 weeks) I have added updated piccys of my before and now .. I need to go buy some new bras .. but I want to wait til Xmas lol .. so they will just have to sag and not fill the ones Ive got for a little longer rofl. But other than that I think there is a positive change Still getting used to my lighter hair colour and its been over a month rofl.

Huggies all
Old 11-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Katt... WOW! You THINK there is a change? There is a HUGE change... you look SO much smaller in the second set of photos! GREAT job!!

Also, yes I agree...the hair color is very flattering and it looks so soft and healthy!!!

And LOL I sure understand about the boob and bra problem! But hey if they sag a bit, they sag. We'll get there!!! we will!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #18  

oh Katt so sorry to hear about your friend.prayers go out to you
Old 11-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #19  

Hi Ladies! I'm still around! I got a slow (non-existant) start on the 1st, but I've tried the last few days - I got in 155 minutes over the 2nd and 3rd, then so far today I got in *drum roll* my first strength training session!! FINALLY, lol! I've been saying I wanted to do that for months now...it was only 15 minutes, but it was a start! I'm going to log all my activities now, eating, exercise, measurements, etc. It's my mom's (56th) birthday as well, so what better day to start back being 100% OP on!! I called gave her a little Oriental style wallet that she is in love with, lol, she always tried to 'steal' mine when I lived there, so I thought one of her own would be a great idea. Man..I go through more styles of wallets and purses than anyone else I know, lol. Well, I've off to *finally* start journalling. Hope everyone is well, but to those who need it! Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #20  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Annie -- Sorry to hear about your brother!!! *HUGS*

Wezi -- That is crazy! But I will have to say that one night we went riding around and seen that ( mind you this was BEFORE Halloween) two houses had their Christmas Decorations up!!

Katt -- Sooo sorry to hear about your friend!! I have a friend that she too has been battling cancer! *hugs for you*

Kaley -- Me and Amanda are semi broke too!! I've been the only one working for a while. She has had the worst luck finding a job. But as of January we will both be working college students. I can smell the stress from here!! GL with everything and don't give up on the weight loss!!

Melissa -- Hey there!! *waves* I'm Erika Leigh. Don't guess I've seen you around before but I can't wait to get to know you!!

Lesley -- Welcome to 3FC!! I'm kinda new to this group but they are some awesome motivational ladies. Just jump on in!!

Angel -- Hope that things are going well for you!!

As for me -- Nothing really new here. I just haven't gotten my walk in today. I will tonight before I hit the bed. Somehow...the counting calorie thing it really not working for me. I just can't get it up..( help and tips are welcome!)
Maybe I'll get to get some pics up soon of the apartment we are in now and then after the move the new one! It's gonna look messy because we are in the process of packing and i'm sure that you've all been there!~
** Speaking of pictures -- I posted a few in the picture thread!! Now you can know what I look like. Amanda too for that matter, but she has changed alot in the last few months!**

Wishing you girls the best of the weekend! Make it a great one!

~!* Erika Leigh *!~
Old 11-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #21  

Katt! I am so sorry to hear about your friend. You are in my prayers. /o\
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #22  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Very cute piccys Erika Sorry to hear about your friend too. My oldest nephew (just turned 11) has just had a bone marrow transplant in his fight against Leukemia .. he was originally diagnosed when he was 5, had a transplant and all the chemo etc, we were given the 5 year remission all clear last Xmas .. then about 4-5 months ago he started getting sick again .. fortunately as my SIL had already been through it once she was able to identify the signs a lot sooner than last time ... but this time has been a lot harder .. the transplant had to be put back twice due to him not being well enough .. in fact the doctors would have preferred to leave it longer, but it reached a point where it was do it now or there wont be a chance later. He is still in hospital of course .. we wont know until about Cmas whether this one has taken and he is doped up on morphine all the time to counteract the pain .. my mum is going down at the end of the month to help out my brother and SIL with the kids so they can have a little bit more time to do other things (including sleep) (there are 3 other kids almost 17, almost 9 and almost 5).

Its a case of positive thinking and never thinking that whatever the doctors are doing for him that they will be successful, no negative thoughts are allowed to be sent his way .. there was once about 6 weeks ago that my mum rang me to tell me he may not make it .. the doctors had given him a 25% chance of surviving the weekend ... he founght through that and I warned my mother not to think the worst ... when I was born I got very sick not long after and the docs gave me 24 hours at the most .. like I said to mum .. Im too darn stubborn to listen to the bad news and Im sure my nephew is a fighter too .. after all .. we have the same blood runnin through us

I have just had a lovely dinner (lunch) ... its a little late (its now just after 3pm lol), but it was worth waitin for .. yummy fresh fish sauted in a mix of a little olive oil (extra virgin), lemon, garlic and mixed spices, with steamed broccoli, zucchini (courgette), and baby beans, oh and carrots .. Scoot and Ash had mushrooms too (Im allergic to mushrooms & tomatoes), it really was a yummy lunch .. and I had a glass of red grapefruit juice too. I could get used to dinners like this lol .. I do find it easier deciding on meals when I am cooking it for everyone else and not just for me ...

I still dont hit my 1800-2000 cal mark on a regular occurence .. actually .. in the last week I have only hit it once rofl ... today Im not at 1000 yet either ... but I may have some toast for dinner .. its nice to have a light dinner I think .. its only really on the days that I do a lot of housework/exercise that I worry about hitting the 1800-2000 mark ... on the "lazy" days .. Im happy to hover round the 1200-1500.

Better go .. I have this cross stitch to finish before Scoot goes so he can take a piccy of it lol ..
Old 11-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #23  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Well I'm not even hitting 1000 calories a day!!

What is with me?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #24  

Erika, I read your questions about your food intake, etc., in the other thread and also looked at your Fitday... and just want to say I agree with the advice the other ladies have given you. You definitely need to be on a more healthful eating plan. I see that they offered to give you some very detailed advice... my recommendation would be to let them assist as they have offered. I wish you the best of success!!

WHEW everyone, I am SO sore from the shallow water aerobics this morning. LOL this new teacher is GOOD and really gives a workout! I am learning lots of new exercises, some of which really strettttttttttttch the muscles!

There is supposed to be a super good teacher who does the Tues/Thurs night deep water ones. I can't go on Tuesday as I want to go to my Bible study... besides this class is not until 8 PM, yuck. But I could manage it on Thursday nights; just hate to go that late. Will have to decide.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday tomorrow!

Blessings to all
Old 11-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #25  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

good evening ladies!
Just a quick note before I head off to bed. I was suppose to be off tomorrow from work but I got called in, oh well, it will be overtime!
I really didn't feel like exercising today, kept telling myself that I could take a break. But I had a few pieces of candy (*tmi*which gave me diarrhea) and I felt like I had to do some exercise. I did 70 mins! Now I feel proud of myself for just doing it & I physcially feel better too.
Good news is that DH said I could go buy some new shoes tomorrow! I have been having to make do with my old ratty sneakers & the just aren't cutting it. So I get to buy some new ones tomorrow. Course this is after he bought him some today. lol

Katt: great pictures! You have made amazing progress! I plan on taking a current picture when I hit 25 lbs gone.
So sorry to hear about losing your friend. Thats so hard when its sudden. Don't feel guilty for not responding to her email sooner. Life gets busy sometimes. I'm sure she knew you loved her.

Too sleepy to do anymore personals tonight. I'll be on tomorrow since I have to work. Have a good night everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:23 AM   #26  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that is giving me support on the exercise goal. I havent worked out in a really long time but Im really enjoying myself alot. It is still super cold here but it isnt snowing yet.

Ammi- To answer your question No im not close to Michelle. We are a long distance from one another. She is up at the tip top and im down at the bottom.

For all of you that have lost weight this week I want to say Congrats. Everyone thats meeting their exercise goal- Good job.

Im going to hit the hay now. Im so tired....Long day...Talk to you all tomorrow.

~*~Raven~*~
Old 11-05-2006, 06:16 AM   #27  

Hey everyone-

NANCY~That is wonderful you have a great group of doctors. I have never actually had a REALLY nasty dr. or anything. They just tend to not listen to me. Like I had major hypothyroidism and they were just telling me I was lazy and they wouldn't even do blood tests on me! But overall most of them are nice. Thats great you went out to Red Lobster with your friend. Congrats on your ring NSV!

ANNIE~My prayers are with you and your family. And for your back surgery.

Xena~Welcome back! Your company paying for 80% of your MBA sounds awesome! I would go for it!

KATT~I am SLOWLY getting back on a normal schedule. I am such a night owl...but my body doesn't like the night owl stuff! And the Dr. anxiety I just get nervous. But I HAVE TO GO! I am so sorry to hear about your friend passing away.

LORI~Congrats on doing the 4 mile WATP!

Melissa~Sounds like you are doing great getting exercise in. Kepp up the good work!

Erika~Hope you get that walk in! Great pics! Nice to see who we are all talking to. I need to post more pics.

KATT~LOVE the pics! You are doing fabulous! I didn't know that about your nephew. He will be in my prayers!

MISTI~You are doing great with the water aerobics! You make me want to go swimming! Guess its too cold up here for that! We need an indoor pool up here!

ANDIE~sorry you have to work on your off day. But overtime can be nice!
I hear ya about candy making you sick. That happened to me when I decided to drink some coke. I was soooooo sick! Yay you get new shoes too! I love mine. I suggest New balance if you can find some. Sometimes they are way too expensive for me. But I went to shoes.com and they had a nice pair on sale.

RAVEN~Glad you are enjoying the exercise. I find it just makes me feel so much better. I bet it is getting cold down there! The high up here was 5 today!

Well thanks for all of you letting me vent about doctor anxiety. I was just getting nervous because I am heading down to Anchorage next Sunday. I am sure everything will be fine. The plus side is...the hotel has a workout room! I am so happy because I can actually work out on actual equipment! We will be there for a week for DH work conference and of course all of my Dr. appointments. Oh and I get to see trees! When you live in a place with no trees...you will miss trees! Well I hope all of you have a great day!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #28  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys
Sorry I havent been around much. I just can't believe how busy I have been. I am back on South Beach since Wednesday and am doing pretty good. Yesterday was a struggle since my sis and I decided we would make egg rolls and pizza rolls for the freezer. Well we made 144 pizza rolls (egg rolls with a pizza type filling) and 226 egg rolls. Needless to say I had 2 of each however that was my lunch and my supper. Not quite SB friendly but back on track today. It took us 8 hours to do it so no real exercise. I'm sure I burned calories though cause I was SO exhausted by the time I got to sit down!

I have to attend a staff meeting for 3 hours tonight so there goes the aquafit for today. I start my new job tomorrow which will be wonderful!

TOM is trying to come regardless of the fact that it isnt time and I am on pills to regulate it. That never happens so I am not sure why. I'm usually 100% on sched for like the past 15 years. Once a year or so I am late but never early!

Annie and Katt ~ So sorry for your losses

to all the newbies!

well, my friend is on her way to pick me up. We are heading to the pharmacy (only store open on sunday here.... weird little province that it is *L*)

Girls gotta shop!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #29  

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday! Hope all of you can stay OP today!

Michelle, yes, I really enjoy the swimming and water aerobics. This past summer when the outdoor pool in my apt complex was open I went several times a week. But I was really happy to find this gorgeous indoor/outdoor pool about 20 mins away from me. And I am enjoying the deep water stuff... our apt pool is only 4 feet deep so had to stick with shallow water aerobics. I've only been going on Sat morning but would like to go more often.

Hugs to all
Old 11-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

just had to get on to say.......i did it! i just finished with the 3 mile tape and weights dvd! i can't believe i got all that exercise in this weekend! i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will show a difference on tuesday. i guess if it doesn't, there's always next week. and i have to say that i feel so good! happy, in a good mood, ready to get busy with the next task on the list (cleaning the house--boring!!).

hey katt--your pictures look so great!!! you can totally tell a difference! you should be so happy with yourself! you are really motivating me to get moving with this exercise! way to go!

well, i gotta go grab some breakfast and get the house cleaned. my mom and aunt have been in branson for the week vacationing and are stopping by this afternoon. hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and i'll see you all tomorrow! lori
Closed Thread