Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hi katy! just wanted to welcome you to the site. i've only been on for a little over a week and i love it! it really keeps me motivated cuz i don't want to come on here everyday and have to say i didn't do anything again. also, when i want to eat something or just sit on the couch, i think of everyone else working out and doing stuff and think, if they're doing it, i should too! not that it works everytime, but it sure does help!

i saw you and katt were talking about musicals.....LOVE THEM!!! i used to nanny for a family who got free tickets to the theater and never used them, so they gave them to me. my friend and i used to go at least once a month. i was in heaven!! it was the best perk i've ever had! i never tried out for any thing when i was in school, too shy and can't sing to save my life (as my husband likes to remind me), but i really do love them. my favorite is grease--or maybe the sound of music. i can remember when they were on tv when i was little, my mom would let me stay up late those nights just to watch them. i thought it was the coolest!

anyway, i also wanted to tell you that your 25 minutes of walking is great! have to start somewhere right? my goal right now is to be able to make it through the yoga section of a yoga booty ballet dvd i have. right now i just want to sit in child's pose (just resting) for that whole section. it's a killer! and, as people on here reminded me when i thought i wasn't getting any exercise in, every little bit counts--housework, walking from the parking lot to a store, whatever. give yourself credit for everything you are doing.

i guess i'd better get going. if you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me. i love to chat! see you on the numbered thread--lori

p.s. you and katt both have a richard? me too!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey, just chiming in because I'm bored at home, and trolling the newsgroups I don't normally read so, er, my cats don't eat the Halloween candy. That's right, they got into it last night and ate a bunch of it, I saw the wrappers! *cough*

But anyway, I wanted to say congrats on getting geared up again before you'd gained all the weight back. It's so, so, so easy to just end up worse than we started, I've done that a couple of times. This time I did something similar, lost 50 pounds, gained back 25 really quick, and somehow managed to hit the brakes before I gained it all back. I swear, I felt like someone owed me a medal for that, darn it! So since I didn't get a medal, I'm officially giving you one. :-)

And for exercise, did you check with your doctor? I'd be sure to do that, for recommendations and just so they know what's going on in your life.

I know someone only peripherally online, he's part of a large group of people that play this same game that I see once a year at most, and I never really talk to him per se. But he weighs a lot. I'm not sure how much, I'd guess about 500 pounds or so, maybe a bit more. And for four years he was pretty much maintaining at this level.

Well, recently he's been working at losing weight and getting healthier. Walking doesn't really work for him, it's too rough on his joints right now. I'm not sure how he got hooked up with it, but he does his exercising at a hospital-affiliated wellness center gym-like place. They have a lot of equipment that's specifically designed for heavy people, so you don't get stuck at the 'weight limit: 300 pounds' point and go, heck, forget this! And it's designed to be easy on the joints and well-monitored by medically trained people.

Anyway, he seems to be enjoying it a lot, he gives little updates daily about how many steps he's done (he uses a recumbant stair-stepper so it's mostly about leg movement, not lifting his weight) and then now and then he'll chime in about weight loss. Even the catty woman on the site, who seems to revel in belittling people, has been very, very encouraging and gung ho about his progress, it's sort of neat to see even people I consider pretty mean-spirited get all excited and encouraging, I mean, she's seriously been a good motivating coach to him.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #18  
Fat Chick On A Mission :)

S/C/G: 434.2/347.8/199

I know I'm a lil late in replying, but I thought I would share my story with ya too I was at a amusement place in July, and I got on this thing that said your earth weight, moon weight, mars weight and so on and it said 433, I was in disbelief and I was trying to ignore it and then I went and signed up with LA Weight Loss and so far I've lost 73.4 pounds. I was heavier then you are right now. I know if I can do it, then you can too. Don't go for the ice cream, its not good for you. I was a HUGE ice cream fan, I would eat a huge bowlful every night. Now jello replaces it or sometimes I will eat a 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt which taste just like ice cream. Feel free to pm me if ya need anything or just wanna talk or want someone to listen
Old 11-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300+/268/140

Height: 5'8

Hi! I'm new here too. My highest weight was over 300 - I have no idea what it actually was, since my scale only went to 300, but I plan to find out when I go to the doctor in a couple of weeks. I paid for a subscription here for 6 months, today, so I have incentive to keep coming back (not a lot of money, but I don't have a lot to toss around), and make the site easier to use so I don't have excuses lol. I look forward to watching you meet your goals - good luck!
Closed Thread