Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1041

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #2  

Well, It is the middle of the night, kind of, here in Northern Idaho and I am on my way to bed after watching my Tivoed shows of America's Next Top Model and The Biggest Looser. I sit there watching the Biggest Looser when they weigh and find myself praying for them and smiling with them etc. Funny how I feel so much in common with them.

Luan: Hang in there sweetie. You can do it. Here is a hand back on the wagon!

NiteKat: Congrats on the loan to pay things off. That is such a great feeling. My Hubby and I recently refinanced a car loan and it feels so good to have the payment drop about $100 per month.

Jilly: I love, love the paper towel thing. you wrote. What a wonderful analogy. It really made my night to read that. Thank you!

Patti: one cheer for each of your lost pounds!

Andie: Good for you on the jeans fitting. Give this to your hubby for me...... lol.

Nancy: Mashed Cauliflower? I will have to try to some of that up. I hope you have a blast on your trip and that your boyfriend's parents are asking you if you guys could please drive and take a break from all the walking you will be showing them up on.

Wyllen: You are such an inspiration and a wealth of knowledge. I just wanted to say thank you so much for caring about us and staying here even though clearly you are pretty much at Goal! I really appreciate all of your words, encouragement and knowledge. Both you and Zelma are in my book!

Ammi: So glad that you are okay. So Jealous that you and Sharon get to meet. I am happy for you though cause I know you guys will have fun. Hug each other for me.

Val: Oh, poor little Simon. LOL. I actually lock my dogs in the car when I get out of it. I take my keys with me. I have heard so many stories about dogs being stolen. It happened to my step mom twice and it has happened to a friend of ours too. Maybe Simon is afraid to be stolen. so he locks himself in the car. lol.

The puppies on my avatar are not my babies. I wish that little snoopy looking one was. He is so darling. If you could blow it up. He has his tongue out just slightly like he was finishing dinner and fell asleep. His front paws are stretched down by his sides so relaxed and his belly is very, very full. I really think he just finished eating dinner. lol My puppies are big, big babies now but I think they are still as precious as that little guy. Mine are both 1/2 labador retriever and 1/2 Golden retriever. The female is black and looks like a black lab and the male is yellow and looks more like a golden retriever. Female is 75 pounds and the male is 86 pounds both in good shape not over weight so you can tell they are big babies. Well all, I am getting sleepy again. Better go. My sweet heart has to be at work at 2 a.m. for a special project that all the bosses are doing.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #3  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee .. just a quickie .. its almost 1am and I HAD planned on an early night .. I think my clock is all up the whooie lol ...

Couldnt go to bed without putting up my 5 positives:

1 - No bills in the post today! (sometimes its just nice to get a day where you dont dread the mail rofl)

2 - It was soooo hot today that I got 3 loads of heavy washing done!! (bedding) .. washed and dried in about 5 hours!! Only leaves me 2 for tomorrow lol.

3 - Sooty & Sweep (my lambs) are finally off the milk completely .. they still arent good at drinking water tho .. so I have to work out something for that .. I give them a bottle of water each night tho lol ..

4 - I bought a new outfit to be able to wear at Xmas .. and it fits me now!! Still a little tight over the boobs (nothing unusual there rofl) .. but its great to see that I must be losing size .. just not where the tape measure goes rofl.

5 - My hunny reached his goal weight at Jenny Craig tonight so he has finished there and is on his own ... with me badgering him on not pigging out on the BK that he loves lol... Now we have to go shopping for some more clothes for him cos his pants keep fallin down roflmao ... oh thats a giggle.

Love and Laughter everyone!!

See you in the morning (the great weigh in .. oh humm lol).

Katt
Old 10-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well it is rushed again... LOL 5 AM and have to get out the door to work. But had to come in and change my ticker yay, the FFM finally came again!!

Everyone have a super day.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #5  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Good Morning Chicks! Wish I was still in bed this morning. Its cold & I'm sleepy. The power went out twice this morning, not sure why. Maybe ice on the lines.

Melissa: Sorry your weigh in wasn't the best but it definately wasn't bad. Had you gained 5 lbs, that would have been bad! Just keep plugging along.

Wyllenn: I like the feeling I get AFTER exercise too. That warm, pumped up but tired, feeling of accomplishment. Wish I could bottle that.
Thats awesome about your DH's weightloss! My DH is heavy but about 75 lbs smaller then we first started dating. He has slowly lost it over the past 3-4 years. His doesn't come from trying though. Just because he works overnights and therefore doesn't eat much (only twice a day usually) and walks alot at night. He is one of those guys that doesn't care though. He says he doesn't want to lose weight but he will have to buy new clothes. He doesn't eat any veggies or fruits (literally, none except for potatoes ) and his overall diet is bad. So he isn't much help. He doesn't try to stop me from getting healthy but he isn't much of an encouragement either. He just kinda rolls his eyes at it all. That doesn't really bother me, I know thats how he is and always has been. I am hoping that if I can be successful at this then he will want to try too eventually. I want my daughter to have her daddy for a long time.

Valerie: DH's comment wasn't all that bad. It wasn't really about my weight either. He told me the sweater I had on looked funny. I asked funny how & he told me it made me look like a hunchback. I just was kinda upset because he didn't make a comment about my pants or tell me that I looked nice, instead he said that. Kinda deflated my balloon. But he is a man & doesn't think before he speaks & had no clue that the pants didn't fit before, etc.
Way to go on throwing out that ice cream! I have some in my freezer that I need to get rid of but its just so expensive I can't bring myself to do it. I have told DH & my brother to eat it. So far it hasn't bothered me.
About your dog locking you out. I have been afraid of that before. My dogs love to step all over the controls on the door when they are in the car. My beagle rolled the window up on her nose one time! Its was funny & sad at the same time. She was spooked by that for awhile, lol. Funny that it happened to you last night. DH locked his keys in the our car last night @ work and ended up breaking the whole window when he tried to get them out. Now we have that to deal with.
on your driving test. I'm sure you will do fine.

Katt: Awesome NSV on your clothes! You changed sizes without even knowing about it. And you had just complained about that, lol.
Thats great about paying off all your bills. We did that once awhile back and it was so nice not to owe anyone anything. Then we bought a house & had a baby, now we owe everyone! lol
Ohh.. I want to buy a pedometer too. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Annie: Wasn't Biggest Loser great?! I love that show, so inspirational (even if it is unrealistic.) Ken's after story was amazing!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #6  
Each step gets me closer

Katt: congrats to your DH! How much did he lose? Had to buy my DH some new pants last week, his looked ridiculous, even with a belt on & without a belt they fell straight to the floor. Can't wait til I have that problem!

Misit: WOO HOO for you. Glad you're ticker is back on the move!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #7  
Trying again

WTG Misti .. Im so pleased she is visiting you regularly again!!

Yes Im still up ... just about 2am and I have JUST finished boogying with Richard Simmons .. lol .. after my post before I realised that if I dont do it tonight then I will miss my target of doing it at least 3-4 times each week this month (next month its 4 times definitely) ... so I thought I would get it done before I head there .. and if some of you remember a couple of weeks ago I tried a song on there holding 1kg (2.2lbs) weights in each hand to give it a little bit more of a umph for the exercise .. and my arms almost fell off?? Well .. this time I used the weights in THREE songs!! And when I put them down in between they felt light as a feather so moved really well for the other songs rofl ...

Anyway ... thats it .. gonna go have a 2 min shower then bed ... I really will get my sleeping pattern sorted out one of these days lol ..

OH .. almost forgot a great NSV I had in town today!! I went into the bank to cancel my CC .. its not a regular bank that I use (just my CC there - and the business account) .. and there was a customer service woman there from the branch in the town we moved here from! She looked at me and said .. there is something different about you ... have you lost weight?? WOW .. that is the first person that has asked me that rofl .. and then I got carried about talkin about the journey ... and this place of course! ... I just got really excited about it all over again .. the journey I mean when I was talking to her ... not right now .. although ... anyway .. Im rambling again lol ..

Okee .. just a few min then I will be in dreamland lol .. weigh in tomorrow ... I really hope the FFM will pay me a visit this week ... as close to that 285 mark as I can get please FFM ... only have til Tuesday to get there lol .. then I will have to set another mark for next month lol ..
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  
Trying again

Andie ... we must have been posting at the same time lol .. my hunny lost 12kg .. I think that is about 26-27 pounds?? He is down 3-4 sizes for his shirts I think thats how its worked out .. a size 43 to a 39/40 .. and pants down to under 100 I just not sure how much until he gets home tomorrow night so I can measure him lol ... but it was important for him to lose that weight as he has hip replacements (got them when he was 20/21) so the extra weight isnt good for the rest of his joints

Thankies for the kudos
Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #9  
Each step gets me closer

Katt: Congrats on working out @ 1am. Now thats dedication, lol. And big congrats on your first "Have you lost weight?" I bet that feel awesome!
Now go to bed! lol
Good luck at tomorrow's weigh in.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9

I hope it's okay if I post in this thread... I'm a little bit nervous as you all seem like such good friends!

This is the end of the day for me as it's almost 7:30 am here and I'm finally about ready to head to bed. I had wanted to do some walking after work today but I'm still totally beat after pushing myself hard yesterday so I managed to clean the kitchen a bit and that was it. Of course before the beginning of this year being able to stand up long enough to clean the kitchen in one go was really a challenge and would have me sweating and my heart racing, and now it's no big deal so that's a huge milestone for me that I hadn't really noticed til now. Being on this site is helping me recognize how far I have come already - this came at a really good time because I was getting so bogged down at the long journey ahead and could only see how far I had to go instead of how far I'd come so far.

For those of you who do the Richard Simmons (I'm guessing that's the Richard ya'll are dancing with LOL) which series do you use? When I was in my early 20s I lost over 100 lbs using deal a meal and his sweating to the oldies tapes but I don't have them any more. I may have to look for him again on DVD this time because I remember that as being something I could not only do but have some fun with too.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #11  

welcome katydid glad to see you hear! i enjoyed richard too but now i use a treadmill.. may start back with him though he is so fun!
congratulations misti on the weight loss and everyone else ..hello!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #12  

Good Morning. I haven't been to sleep yet! UGH. I am so tired. I am going to bed right after this. LOL

Sue: Congrats on the visit from FF!

Andie: Yes, Ken looked amazing. Now he just needs a hair cut, JMO. lol

Katydid: Please do join us. Jump right in. We are happy to have you here with us. Looks like you are well on your way by the way your ticker reads. Way to go.

Hello to all of you and have great op day today
Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #13  

Oops! I almost forgot again. I'm praying for you to get the job Val. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #14  

Talking

Morning Chickies!

Dogpal! Your Avatar today is a Boston Terrier baby! That's what my dogs are! I've actually seen that one before and it's without a doubt one of the cutest pics…I've seen another just like it where the puppy is zoned out with his big belly up, in his plate of food! I wish I'd have seen my babies at that fat-baby stage!

Andi – even the best men can be SWINE! You should be quite proud of yourself for saying NO to Arby's! AND next time tell him if he want's to eat with you you'll be happy to eat with him…he can take his meal home and you'll make yours and then you can all sit down and eat together!

Katt – You are doing so well. Keeping my fingers crossed for your WI!

Valerie – Give Simon snuggles for me! He's just doing his watch-dog bit and making sure your car doesn't get stolen!

Must run! Busy, busy today!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #15  

Hi everyone-

Hope you all are having a good day so far. I am up early here. I hope to get my walking in today. I took the last two days off. I need to get myself back in gear! I am driving myself nuts again with weighing. My husband has made threats again to hide the scale! For those of you who didn't know he hid the scale from me for two weeks a while back. It was only for my own good he said! Its so cold here this morning! We have about 4 inches of snow now! Brrrr!

ANNIE~I love that show the biggest loser. Only problem is I don't have the tivo. So I have to chose between that show and Lost. And Lost wins every time! I really enjoy the biggest loser though. Hope you get some sleep!

KATT~ congrats on your NSVs! Hope the FFM visits you soon!

Misti~Congrats on your loss!

Andie~Hope your power stays on! Its so annoying when the power goes off.

KATY~good to see you posting! Glad you have found this site. And yes you seem to have come a long way. That is great! I haven't tried the richard simmons dvds yet. I was actually thinking about looking into them.

Well I have to go! Have a great day everyone!

Michelle
Closed Thread