Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #16  

Lavandel~ We must have been posting at the same time...

Congrats on losing 10 pounds!!! In 14 days..wow that is so awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Violet my little boy, Aiden, who's three, loved your 'punky' picture , he thought it was me!!!! Apart from the black lips I looked like that in the 80's, and my hair is naturally bushy, no need to back-comb . I'm sorry about your cat & sis, it does seem silly to leave a child alone with any animal which she or it aren't familiar with each other, & throw in another cat & you have trouble!!!! Still even if he's declawed at least he will be looked after. Can't your guy have him, or was there some reason you mentioned before that he couldn't? I hope you get a good outcome, if I lived near you I'd take him. xxxx
Annie, you are doing so well all that biking, how many miles have you done now? xxxxx
Alice, so sorry about your tummy/digestion probs, have you tried ACIDOPHILUS? I don't know whether it's ok to use if you have suspected E. coli, but staff in good health food shops should be able to tell you. It puts back GOOD BACTERIA into your gut and helps everything settle down, I have IBS and WOW, it helped me so much, no cramps, spasms, gas or bloating!! (I spent so long on the toilet & at one point was scared to leave the house as I 'went' so frequently) Either way I hope you get a diagnosis quickly so you can get well & healthy again VERY SOON .xxxx
Ammi, you are doing SO WELL !!!!
Valerie, I totally 'get' the 'seeing yourself' on Gabe, it must be such a spur (pun, sorry ) to get you OP and able to ride him, I'm so jealous!!!!xxxx
Sandy, WOW, I bet you felt fabulous at the wedding, fitting into the top, it's great when we lose weight from where we want to AND HAVE PROOF BY CLOTHES ACTUALLY 'FITTING'!!!! I'm sorry your leg is bad & TOM came, but at least you had a great day & got to dance.xxxxx
I forgot what else I had to say, NO....I remember... Nancy, I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult patch, just sending you virtual hugs & wishes that things inprove soon. Is there any chance of treating yourself to a professional massage or to visit an osteopath to ease your back? If time & finances allow I'd give it a go, my hubby swears by osteopaths, as well as manipulating your back they can give advice on how to stand, (sounds silly but it works!) sit and lie to ease your pain.xxxx
Well the meds the doc gave me have made me feel horrible, after nearly two weeks I'm snappy, sweaty, agressive, and still feeling very down. I also have dry eyes, dry mouth and feel very agitated, so I spoke to the doc & I'm stopping them & seeing him next week to try something else. I'm disappointed as they suit Ammi so well, but they are really making me feel worse. Sorry to moan , otherwise I'm OP & walking every day & exercising most days.
Hope you are all well or getting there, Misti, SACK THE FFM!!!!!!!
xxxsharon
Old 10-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #18  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I tried to do some personals- but i've run out of time, I have to leave for work. Have a great day ladies. I'm determined to stay OP today!!!

Amy- thanks for the encouragement- I tend to be pretty hard on myself- not wanting to use my schedule as a crutch- but I also need to be realistic that I am doing a lot. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well still-TOM certainly doesn’t help things! I hope you are feeling better- and with how well you’ve been doing lately I’m sure Friday WI will be good! I’m glad you are enjoying your workouts at curves- take it easy while your sick, or you’ll never get better !

Sandy- I’m glad the wedding stress is all over- and what a great feeling that must have been when the shell slid over your hips- WI down or not, you are losing inches!!

Annie- thanks for the encouragement- you are right- we can do this!

Lavendel- it’s so awesome you’ve been doing so well staying OP. Even resisting a cracker! Awesome work!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello again, everyone...to those who remember me! lol

It's been a crazy crazy end of summer/fall for me, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. I honestly want to try and become more regular, like I used to be, but between working full time and going to school full time, it's rough. I barely have enough time to breath, let alone EXERCISE! I've stayed fully on plan...although, I have gained about 5-10 lbs (depends on the day!) since I was a regular here. Probably because the only real exercise I have time for right now, is walking around campus! This semester is just crazy, and it looks like it'll be crazy until the Summer semester...and then it's smooth sailing until I GRADUATE next December!

I miss you guys all so much! So many new people, and there's no way I could ever even try and catch up! I think the last time I was a regular was back in the 800s?!? lol....

Andrew is also doing well. He had the vasectomy back at the end of July, and actually had some complications, and ended up needing surgery. He just finally went back to work yesterday, and he's 100% better now. We are working on saving up and getting our own apartment. We are hoping to move out around the end of July/beginning of August 2007. Right now, we're buying stuff that we'll need, little by little, so that when the time comes, we'll be ready. Packing it up as we go, and just storing it in my attic here at home.

I'm not really sure what else to say. Going to a concert this weekend...that's about the most excitement I've had in about a month!

Hopefully, I can come back later, and I'll just hop in with the personals, if I can!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #20  

good morning everyone and big congratulations to all those with a weight loss. well i have been bad and keep getting on the scales with no loss showing at all so i am in a major depression today... gotta snap otta it that for sure!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

It can be hard, trying to get out of that slump. You can do this, though...I mean, you've already lost over 40 pounds!!! You'll get there...unfortunately it just takes a lot of TIME and patience, which I have none of! lol...Just keep your chin up!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #22  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning everyone

Toofatforu I know what you mean about the scales... only I have NOT been bad and today marks one month with the FFM not visiting. Sure is getting old!!!!

Kayley it's great to see you! Welcome back!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #23  

thanks guys sure need the support. it is really hard when you know you have been OP Misti that is tough.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just a quick fly by post, again I apologise for no personals. Just been busy busy busy lately. Still getting my exercise in though and I got hubby to take some pics of me on my Gazelle Rider. Am going to post one or two on the picture page before I get some stuff from the Net for SDs homework.

For all those, Patti , Misti, and Missy, I am so sorry that the FFM is being a right cow to you guys lately. Hang in there, you are doing all the right things, so she can't keep ignoring you

Jen - sorry you are so unwell, I hope you will feel better soon

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #25  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Just a quick question for now:

Whats the best thing to do if your body goes into a starvation mode? I really dont wanna gain any weight, but am kinda afraid that it might happen.

And another thing:
can anyone tell me what FFM, TOM, WI means? Im sometimes lost reading the posts lol
Old 10-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #26  

Ffm Means Fat Fairy Mother, Tom Means Time Of Month And Wi Means Weigh In.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #27  

Thank you
Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #28  

YOU ARE WELCOME. ammi YOU LOOK GREAT I AM SO PROUD FOR YOU!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #29  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

LAVANDEL, I've been told that if you hit starvation mode for a while, it's actually good to up your calories for a couple weeks and allow yourself to gain 2-3 pounds. It gets your body re-accustomed to metabolizing more, so that when you drop it back down a bit again, you're back to burning fat. I think that sounds like a valid plan, but Letting the scale go back up again is a terrifying thought to me. I was losing so consistantly and have stalled a bit myself, but it's only been 5-7 days, so it's too soon for me to sweat it yet. MISTI has to be really disgusted and ready to fire her scale, but I think that kind of plateau is natural for some people. It WILL break and the weight start to come off again. HUGE CONGRATS on the first 10 pounds!! Doesn't look like you're anywhere near a plateau yet anyway!

KAYLEY!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! You've been sorely missed! I'm glad to hear that poor Andrew is back to himself again 100%. That must have been really hard on both of you. Cool that you two are putting together your 'hope chest' of sorts. It will be so great when you can put it all together in that new place! It sounds like your schedule is really for the next many months. Hang in there with the OP eating, and I hope you can find a few minutes a day somewhere along the line to get in some exercise. It makes a huge difference, as you already know. I'm so glad you're back!

Chickies, I am SO far behind this morning. I shut off the alarm and slept in - until 11:00 a.m.! I guess I figured that if I was going to sleep in, I ought to get a few extra winks for all of you who are working today. I have a tight schedule the rest of the day, so no time for more personals like I'd like to do. BUt I'm cheering for all of you, and MISTI, call me if you decide to have a chat with that FFM... I'll back you up

I'm hoping to get that scale moving again myself. I've been SO religious about eating and exercise. The bugger just CAN"T stall out already. I even saw 2 days of 274, but then it climbed up, and has now settled solidly back in at 275. I wanna see the 260's so bad, and I want it NOW! I'm gonna go give my treadmill a little time. C-YA later!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #30  

Melissa – sorry to hear about the weight That just sucks. Maybe you should change something with the diet or exercising?! Just don’t give up it soon gonna be moving down again. I keep my fingers cross
About the food diary, if it’s helping you you should stick to it! I wouldn’t as I’m not that committed and tend to get bored with it, but I’ve heard many people find it useful. So go for it. Maybe just for a while to see if there’s anything you’re doing wrong and don’t see it now?!

Jen – hope you’re going to feel better soon and back on the track. Its just so frustrating when you decide to do something for your self and then something like that happens and you have to quit. It’s a Murphy’s law! I hate that law lol But its just a minor set back, right?!

Amanda please don’t mention snow Can’t there be just three seasons? Spring, summer and fall?
Congrats on 18 pounds lost

Nightkatt – like you are telling my story, I mean very similar things happened many times I was out, there just had to be this one guy that would ruined it for you. I always hated when that happened when there was someone with me, I mean being alone you can easier overhear it, but when someone’s there its harder to pretend I guess.
Lol yes looking at other peoples plates can sometimes make you gain weight or sometimes just passing them you don’t even have to look and yes it’s a pound up
Good job on staying OP, hope the scale’s gonna appreciate it as well

Annie – just keep 5mins and slowly move forward when you feel like it. You don’t wanna get all tired and then stop doing for good, right.
Weight limit on fitness equipment, don’t you just hate that?! Everything for higher weight is more expensive. Blaaah they suck! The manufacturer I mean

Michelle – I don’t know but we people are some strange creatures I guess. Instead of being happy with what we achieve we tend to be hard on ourselves because the scale doesn’t appreciate how good we were. As long as you know you’re being good, staying OP (as much as you can considering the sickness and all) you should be happy.
Crying is sometimes the best medicine!!!!!

Sharon – sorry to hear the side affects made you feel so bad, but its GREAT you were exercising anyway. I wouldn’t be able to do that. So WTG girl

Toofatforu & Misti - Threaten the scale you gonna throw it away, maybe that will change her mind

Valerie – It is a terrifying thought to me too, I just hope it won’t happen any day soon. It is natural to have occasional set backs but I just don’t want it lol I’m making a problem out of this before it even occurred lol
OH, you’re scale wont go down as well? Are you girls sure they are still ok, maybe you should get new ones…more appreciative ones lol 260 gonna come soon, have faith.

Thanks for nice comments girls and you all have a great day what’s left of it I've already reported everything about me so Im out now
Closed Thread