Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default 300+ and ready to try again #1035

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good morning ladies, uh, well, good afternoon. lol.
Zelma: I can't wait until I get to go walking int he woods etc. with my DH. It sounds so romantic. Neat about the Plasma TV. My DH wants one too but he also wants Seadoos and many other fun things. Have fun and enjoy it.

Nancy: loved the pic. You are so beautiful and your sweetie is a cutie pie!

Blessings to everyone and hope you are having great op days!
Annie
Old 10-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #3  
Trying again

Okeee .. gettin the hang of this starting the new thread thingy ... could the powers that be please close the other one lol .

Alrighty ... today I started off with TWO NSVs ... little ones .. but I think they count

1 - it was really last night ... when I had my shower .. I realised after I finished drying off I wasnt huffin and puffin like I used to! I was nice and relaxed which I am sure is what a shower is supposed to do .. whereas before I used to be all hot and bothered again because of the exursion (sp?) of just drying all this body

2 - This morning I got out my fave pair of jeans I had grown out of .... correction .. I almost grew out of .. but I could only wear them on an "thin" day rofl ... thin .. what was I thinkin?? I used to have to wear one of those girdley sorta underwear and STILL lie down on the bed breathe in to do them up and then not breathe for the rest of the day rofl .. This morning I stood up and did them up Still a little snug, but Im breathin fine and I even managed to be able to wear my boots with them for the first time in EONS (as I couldnt breathe to tie up the laces of the boots when I had them on ... unless I put my boots on before I did up the jeans .... which I wouldnt think of until afterwards rofl).

So thats a good start to my day .. okee .. am going out with my daughter today (she has to go to the dentist in our old town so I thought I would go with her and visit with my best bud (sis) for a few hours and see my great niece

Just a few quick HI's before I have to catch my bus!

MELISSA - It sounds like you are goin great guns! Well done and keep up the great work ... you actually inspire me to get my workouts in thru the week lol .. whenever I think "nah .. wont do it today" I then think .. now come on Katt .. Melissa is out there walkin and exercisin every day .. get off your butt! Thankies hun And I hope those scales show their appreciation this week for all your hard work .. definitely sounds like they are behavin now

AMMI - Great to hear that the problem has been ... umm .. neutralised lol ... just dont get back into too much exercise ... or you will find yourself in even worse condition ... remember to talk small steps and work your way back up again
And nooo .. I dont "do" Richard on the weekend rofl ... *blush* .... well .. actually .. last week I did Richard 6 times!! I only plan for 3 minimum and try for 4 a week now lol .. but Scoot was watchin something that I wasnt interested in so I went down to the lounge and boogied for an hour on Friday night lol ... definitely leave Richard alone while youre so tender lol .. the man is definitely a workout .... roflmao ... (my mind really needs a clean rofl)

MISTY - Hang in there hun ... Im sure its really frustrating to see the scales stuck .... like the needle cant go lower! But Im hoping when I reach the stage where it stalls I can focus on the other things that I can do or see (clothes, energy etc) and just forget about the scales for a few weeks ... yup .. completely ignore them lol .. you may actually need to put on a couple of pounds to jolt your system into movin ... whatever you do ... dont give up on yourself .. you know you are doing great

PATTI - The stew sounds lovely .. next winter I will have to get the recipe lol .. hope you get well soon!

SHARON - I hope you get your health issues sorted out soon .. definitely annoying when some doctors just dismiss the patients to get the numbers through the surgery .. or whatever its called. Then there are those that just dish out the drugs without really taking the time to find out what is really needed ... when you find a good one you realllly need to hold on to them dont you? Huggies

NANCY - WTG on your fantastic walking effort!! And the pics look great too! Also kudos to you for giving yourself a kick in the butt and putting a stop to abusing yourself in that funk way Im sure you can get back into the saddle (as it were) and back on track ... heck .. that walk alone should give you the renewed motivation ... Im not sure I could even get in 1 mile let alone 2 lol .. oh and Happy 3FC 1st Anniversary too!

SANDY - Good luck with the SD ... although I have never been married (and arent planning on getting that way either lol .. love my man tho I do) ... Im stunned that a grown woman .. which one would hope she is if she has a child .. would expect that ... esp as its a second marriage ... tough if she didn have all the bells and whistles for the first one ... if anything ... a second marriage is a good reason NOT to have all the bells and whistles .. otherwise think of all that wasted money if the marriage falls apart . NOT that I would want that for anyone who takes that walk .. but the stats arent great .. and it takes very special people to make a remarriage work .. UNSELFISH people!
Your hubby sounds like a lovely man and I hope this all gets sorted without tooo much pain on either side. Huggies.

VALERIE - I think youre a star .. and definitely is a big flashing neon sign when you reach the point with someone where you just dont care .. apathy is a great signal that something needs to change. It is great that you have reached the mindset you are in and are calm and collected about it rather than resigned to it. BIG virtual hugs coming your way. Keep up the great work on you for you (and your lovely horse!).

Ooops .. gotta go .. will catch up on more personals later .. dont want to miss my bus ... have an OP day all!

Huggies
Old 10-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Well I thought I was better, but I'm not, that erruption that happened, must have been the tip of the iceberg because I am having the same symptoms again I can hardly eat anything before I feel like I am going to throw up. Anyway I am going to the doctors tomorrow to see what, if anything they can suggest to help me out.

Sorry I am can't do personals, I am so far behind and feeling so worn out. Oh I did weigh this morning, I lost 3 lbs

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Peeps!

Now sure how many remember me, but I've not been around here since May this year.... a lot of personal issues among other things... I won't say I am back fully yet as lifes a little hectic but I am still over 300lbs and trying again so I guess you might see me around again!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Mazarin, welcome back! Saw you posted another Bio on our Bio Thread. Do you know you already have one there? It's post #17.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #7  

Nightkatt - I'm glad I can be motivating! Whatever gets you up and moving, right? I use other people to inspire me as well.

Hi Ladies - Not much new here...I think I'm gonna do some dancing, walking, or strength training today for exercise. Oooh, the scale was still down today...one day until weigh-in!! Well, I'm off for now. Hope everyone is doing well!
Stay OP

Melissa
Old 10-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #8  

Chickies, I need help!!
I am in some kind of funk lately and have strayed from my exercise and have eaten a few bad things.

I just have no motivation any more. I don't get it. It was so easy for a good long while and now, I have to force myself to exercise. Things really went downhill when I got sick. Since then it's just been one thing after another. grrr!!! I'm so mad at myself!!

Are there any good tricks, tips, etc. you all have used to motivated yourselves when this happens??

I'm desperate!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #9  
Trying again

NEWSNERD - I dont really understand the idea or concept of motivation .. to me its more stubborness lol .. I hate failing at things when I have set myself a goal .. so its really a case of challenging me to do something. Maybe you need to set yourself a real mini challenge .. maybe lose 1 pound this week .. 10 min of some form of exercise no matter what for 7 days in a row ... and maybe even do one of those wall charts and have those little star stickers lol .. whenever you achieve a mini goal give yourself a star ... and have a reward for a set number of stars ... I know it sounds childish .. and I suppose in a way it is lol .... BUT ... when we were kids Im sure there were times we didnt want to do something and someone would basically bribe us to do it lol .. knowing it was for our own good ... and that would usually work .. so instead of motivating yourself .. try bribing yourself lol ..

I have mini goal rewards for everything .. including reaching the weight I want to be .. (that is the biggie .. to go to a lovely island for a holiday ... so far Hawaii and Fiji are winning the bids lol) .... mini ones include things like a shopping spree (when I reach halfway) for a new outfit or two ... getting a manicure ... getting a new figurine for my collection ... having a "treat" meal ... weekend at a hotel (or a night) .. a day at a health spa getting pampered ... so far it seems to be working lol ... and they dont have to be things you buy either .. it could be a weekend of getting looked after by your family (if you have any) ... going to a concert in the park (if you have them where you are) ... a day at an art gallery (if you like that sort of thing) ... a picnic on a beach/by a river/lake etc ...

If necessary ... write out a contract to yourself ... and put penalties in it as well ... you cant just have all the good things in there ... like if you dont hold up your end of the deal you lose computer time/tv time/ whatever it is that you enjoy doing anyway ... and most of all ... be honest with yourself ... you were sick? Then remember illness does affect everyone differently .. it could be your bodys way of sayin Im not ready for all that jumping around ... fine .. sit in a chair and do leg lifts and arm curls!

I treated myself today with my sis ... we met up after Ash went to the dentist and I helped her get her shopping and things .. then we went to a bakery for an early lunch (had to catch the bus home and if we waited til 12 I would have missed that one and have to wait a few hours for the next one) ... I had a nice chicken, lettuce, carrot and cheese bread roll and half of a chocolate chip cookie .. as well as half of a cup of mocha .. a total of about 600 calories .. I was very happy with that ... it was the bakery where I used to get things like fried chicken and donuts from when I lived down the road lol ... and when I saw them in the display ... I did think about it lol ... but then I thought about coming on here and telling you I ate a donut or fried chicken and thought .. nah .. lol ..

The weather has turned to crap here ... very stormy so I dont want to be online too long.

Oh and Zelma .. on Monday is when we sign for the mortgage (eeeeeeeeek!!) and then we take possession of the house on Friday ... not that we are taking possession lol .. but we become landlords on that day (again) ... we have also found tenants for our other place (woo hoo) hopefully they will be a lot better than the last ones ... the mess that they left was just atrocious! Dad is still at his place .. but he will be coming and staying with me for a few days each fortnight to get some things done around our place lol ... so he will use the sleep out while he is here ...

gotta go .. phone!! good day all!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

NightKatt: Wonderful NSV's thank so much for sharing. They are great encouragement to keep on going.

Ammi: Congrats on another -3. Please see the Dr. as soon as possible. Get well very soon!

Mazarin: Yes, I remember you. Welcome back. So sorry that you are having some personal problems. Hang in there. Glad to see you again.

Newsnerd: 1st off I want to say oh, hugs. Don't give up. You have come so very far. -45 is wonderful. If nothing else perhaps you can jump back on that exercise and life change wagon so you won't gain any of it back. I myself hit a low like you are feeling and I stopped coming here which was a huge mistake. I stopped exercising and eating right more mistakes and before you know it I am back here again working on that same 40 pounds that I lost last year. Don't let that happen to you! You can do it. Hang in there and even if you have to fake like you love to exercise just try to do it. Hugs. Hope it helps.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #11  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Oh, AMMI - I'm so sorry to hear it's back! Gosh, girl, I hope you feel better soon!

NoNamesLeft - Thanks for the rent-a-hubby offer. Be careful, you never know when someone will take you up on that offer! You're a sweety for offering... does HE know about this??

Did my workout class tonight - I REALLy prefer doing it in the a.m! Get 'er did, tho!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Newsnerd -- You're in the thick of it. Past the first flush of motivation, it's getting tougher. It happens! You said you got sick, and just kind of drifted off?

It doesn't have to be about motivation. It's about commitment. Set yourself a goal, and do it. I don't like to set timed weight loss goals, AND I like to be reasonable.

You could join us on the exercise thread -- commit to exercising x many minutes for the rest of the month (don't make it TOOO big a goal for you and give yourself some days off).

OR, set a goal to eat so many fruits, or whatever.

I even think you don't have to set a goal that you HAVE to lose right now. When I got into a funk over the summer, I gave myself permission to eat a little more (still controlled) and just not worry about losing -- I was feeling deprived! I was also bored with exercise -- mostly the same weight routine and the same treadmill dealio. Mix it up! Try new things!!

Valerie -- "got 'er did!" Another great quote! Hubby and I have a little mantra: "git er DONE!" referring mostly to exercise. We like to yell it out to motivate getting each other to the gym!

Hey all you exercisers and exerciser wanna bes: I just set a new exercise challenge: we are going to try to get to 200,000 minutes exercised for the year!! We are just over 150,000 and can do it if we hit 20,000 minutes each of the next 3 months. We are on target this month, and hit that target each of the last 2 months. I urge you ALL to join us, whether you have been part of the group before or not! I think these goals are making exercise more fun!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Cant belive its tuesday already. Time’s just flying by me. Geeez!!!

Weekend was great, the weather was just perfect. I slowed down a bit with dieting as it was going on a bit fast and I got scared to loose interest if I continue with such a strickt diet, so I ate a bit more then last 2 weeks and gain a pound lol. But I don’t really care as I lost it yesterday. But it was like soooo hard to start again on monday, I was so hungry yesterday, today its better, but yesterday I could easily quit if I wasn’t motivated enough. Well Its another week now and tomorrow is WI (yeap I know now what that means ) and we’re going with the full speed ahead

Im going to do some personals later on when Im home as for now Im just wishing you girls the best day. Stay OP!

Btw, Annie…just love the avatar pic And Ammi good job on loosing another 3 pounds!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just got back from the doctors, he thinks I am either building up to a full blockage, in which case he will have to send me for an x-ray to confirm it, OR as I seemed better for a while there, but now am poorly again, I might have an infection or some such thing. So I have to take some antibiotics and if there is no change in 48 hours it's off to the hospital for me. So that these meds will prove to be the remedy.

Going to go lie down now, will try to write more later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Oh, big I hope they can get you fixed, soon, and with as little invasion as possible. You have been just CRUISING and it is terrible to have something like this come along. I suppose we all have things like that happen, but it is NO FUN!

Lavandel -- Are you super strict on your diet in terms of not eating junk? Or do you really restrict the calories? How much do you eat? I am personally a propoenent of not starving ourselves. I am in this for the long term and I don't want to set myself up for a binge. Plus, I want to be healthy and be able to get in all my nutrients. I did have a period where I eased up on myself over the summer, but that meant adding in 100-200 calories/day. Even now at 184, I am eating between 1700-1800 calories/day (and losing with exercise). When I was bigger, I ate more and lost steadily. Good luck!!!!!
Closed Thread